Got Smacked By The Race Card...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Got Smacked By The Race Card...

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Folks, I recently found out that Beaker was fired over this incident. Am hopping mad.
That's terrible! :mad:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:26 pm

It's bloody ridiculous! No wonder people act like such a-holes at Disney. They know they can lord it over the CMs heads and threaten to report them. I remember reading in disgust how Disney kissed the butts of those jerks whose son assaulted Tigger and got what he deserved (well, not really...he should have really gotten beaten up). People see that on the news and know they can do whatever they want and not only get away with it but be rewarded for it. Why do I suspect that there were comps involved in this one too?

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:33 pm

OMG. That's just not right.

>8^[

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Anything us paying guests can do about it?
Edit: I realize it probably wouldn't be a good idea to post that here, if someone wants to PM me a post I can post it for them...

Kurt

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Can't the union reps/shop steward do something? Can't Beaker ask for a hearing in order to state his side? I know you guys are leery of the Florida media right now, but couldn't someone write the editor of the op-ed page about this? Not just one worker, but others, all who have been disciplined or termed over standing up for themselves or doing their jobs. I'd like to see those people who whipped out the race card try to prove that there was racism involved.
If companies keep firing employees on the allegations of guests, vendors, etc., they are not going to have any employees, because word will get around that WDW/DLR is a crappy place to work. Look what happened to Knott's. Same thing. They're having a horrible time keeping people. And management is so bloody clueless they couldn't figure out what's wrong if their lives depended on it.
At a time when everybody is struggling to get a job, or keep the job they have, it's suicide for any business to do things that destroy employee morale. One of these days employers are going to wake up and realize too late if they had treated their employees nicer, backed them up in the face of accusations by guests, etc., they would still have a job. Knott's is a hangout for gangbangers, and people who live too far away to know how much it's changed over the years, and people who I swear just come to spread disease, harass the ROs, shoplift, etc.. If this keeps up, the parks will have to be closed because they'll be spending too much on staff replacements, repairs to damaged property, cleaning up after guests, etc..
Wonder where the psychopaths, sociopaths and just plain crazies would hang out if that happened?

Malpass93
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Malpass93 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 pm

felinefan wrote:Wonder where the psychopaths, sociopaths and just plain crazies would hang out if that happened?
Probably Walt Disney World.

Maybe someday I'll be a CM...

Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, United Kingdom...

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Malpass93 wrote:Probably Walt Disney World.
No, the same place, they just won't have to buy a ticket anymore.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

SpeedFreak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SpeedFreak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Well I've been reported before, and I'm not termed (yet). I should have gotten a cookie for not throwing the guy down into the beam, but then again there was a monorail in the ay at the time. :D:

Stupidity is not a handicap, stand elsewhere.
Sarah Magdalene wrote:Needless to say, Mickey got pissed and had the bitch and her family expelled form the park.
Word to the wise: DON'T tick off the Boss.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:37 pm

SpeedFreak wrote:Well I've been reported before, and I'm not termed (yet). I should have gotten a cookie for not throwing the guy down into the beam, but then again there was a monorail in the ay at the time. :D:
But if you had thrown him on the beam then you probably would have been termed for damaging a monorail.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:But if you had thrown him on the beam then you probably would have been termed for damaging a monorail.
Custodial would have been pissed,for having to clean up the mess. :mad:
Better yet leave the 'stain' with a small sign, "This is what happens when you don't listen to the Castmembers". :twisted:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.