Got Smacked By The Race Card...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
beaker328
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Got Smacked By The Race Card...

Post by beaker328 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:27 am

08-02-09..Was having a nice night at work. Early in the evening saw a Sheriff's deputy order 3 guys off the train for jumping over the gate. To finish up my night was sent to the Contemporary where it was nice and quiet until :::: the train pulls in the station and i had a special to board. I went to the car and told the family in there they would have to vacate the car as I had a wheelcar to put on.....The males response" Who's disabled..I don't see anyone"..I pointed to the wheelchair sitting right in front of the door. They starting shouting that they had the car. I told them numerous times the train would'nt leave the station. I finally got them out of the car and took them to car 2 where they refused to enter because some of them would be in the front of the car and some in the back.Try to figure that out. As they started back up front the woman....oh by the way, this family are black, turned to me and loudly said "YOU ARE A RACIST"..I told her I wasn't and that they could split up into other cars. She again called me a racist and at this time I yelled at her to not play that card with me as I wasn't gonna take it. They got back in the car and closed up their strollers which they wouldn't do earlier, and I put the ramp down.As the chair finally got into the car the lady leans out the door and loudly calls me a "RACIST BASTARD". I know Disney's policy and I thought ok, let's get the manager who is standing by the cab 6 doors. His remedy is to put me on in the cab and let me cool down. At base I pointed out the family and he said he would watch to make sure they left ??????
I had to write a report and that was all that was done..Amazing that I didn't do physical harm to that person. I have mellowed

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Got Smacked By The Race Card...

Post by MyLittleAngels » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:52 am

Funny how trash always plays the race card when they're not getting their way. It's an insult to the rest of their race when they act in such a manner. I'm sorry your manager wasn't more supportive ... Is there a protocol for dealing with that sort of BS?

It's always the most racist people who feel the need to bring up race, in any event.

Reminds me of living in New Orleans .. they decided to finally act on a 30 year old ruling to even out the races in the schools. Only, they didn't want to consider the needs of the Latin, Asian, or Indians .... they were only concerned with black and white.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 am

Very Childish of them, but probably best to let them go away before they got violent. I can't handle people yelling, myself :o:
I wonder if explaining that you were upholding the Americans with Disabilities
Act guaranteeing Equal Access would mean anything to them :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Honda Enoch
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Honda Enoch » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:01 am

Amazing how when they don't get their way "you are racist" but if they want special treatment then "Hey I am black, give me...."

(Note, I am not saying all are like that)

"You know me. I'm that little voice inside that tells you..."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:17 am

Honda Enoch wrote:Amazing how when they don't get their way "you are racist" but if they want special treatment then "Hey I am black, give me...."

(Note, I am not saying all are like that)
Right, just the ones with enough of a superiority complex to pull the race card in the first place. These also seem to be the same ones who believe that if you are part of a minority that you can't be racist, which is a very racist stance.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

SpeedFreak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SpeedFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 am

I've had a similar situation once. Was putting a family onto a Monorail bout a month ago and there were 3 chairs in car 4, so I chose the least crowded end of car 3 to load into. Well, after a bit of "convincing" I got them out of the car, and they saw a powerchair on the other side of the gate. So they saw a white guy in a powerchair (who was pin trading, and got off of the last monorail), and they started getting mad. So they walk up to me as I put down the ramp, and just as they are about to start calling me racist (other than muttering it), the wheelchair I was loading rolled up, along with the special's 12-13 relatives. Big relatives, too.

They walked to car 2 and got in. I guess it's hard to go through calling somebody racist when the group replacing you is also black... and outnumber you 3 to one. :D:

Only time I've every heard somebody call me racist though, so I understand how insulting it is for a guest to naturally assume that. If they had been nicer, had a GAC, or honestly just needed to stay there I would have let them. I've put specials in car #2 before, but I refuse to go out of my way and further burden another cast member just to appease somebody with an attitude.

Anyway, yes it is a rant but I think I got the message through.

Stupidity is not a handicap, stand elsewhere.
Sarah Magdalene wrote:Needless to say, Mickey got pissed and had the bitch and her family expelled form the park.
Word to the wise: DON'T tick off the Boss.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:42 am

Being at Disney World brings out the best or the worst of people. I've decided you can really see peoples' character by how they behave here, more than anywhere else in the world.

You can tell what a guest thinks of the people the work with, work for, work around, their customers, etc. by how they treat other guests and us.

You can also tell what a Cast Member is truly like as they transfer. If they are busy wishing everyone around them well, they are either a) genuine, or b) completely fake and must think there is someone they are working with worth sucking up to. You can tell which is which. I am watching one person transferring out who has decided that now that s/he has been accepted to Position X, s/he is just too good for the rest of us. It shows. Where before you said hi and got a response, now it is often a "harrumph." I don't understand that.

Unfortunately, if people are at all prone to pull the race, sexual orientation, religion, disability or other class cards, you know they are going to do it at Disney World. I don't understand why, in this day and age, people can't just be human beings. That is all I see when I look at other people, human beings, wonderfully flawed like me. How do you look down your nose on another person because of anything? It's not natural to look at another human being and see something other than a human being. Just watch kids on the playground: Unless they've been trained otherwise, while skin color may come up, it will be as a curiosity and juvenile appreciation, not the racism that must be learned to be practiced.

I hope we can move beyond that by the time the next generation starts growing up.

And now this SGT preacher steps off his soapbox.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Being at Disney World brings out the best or the worst of people. I've decided you can really see peoples' character by how they behave here, more than anywhere else in the world.

You can tell what a guest thinks of the people the work with, work for, work around, their customers, etc. by how they treat other guests and us.

You can also tell what a Cast Member is truly like as they transfer. If they are busy wishing everyone around them well, they are either a) genuine, or b) completely fake and must think there is someone they are working with worth sucking up to. You can tell which is which. I am watching one person transferring out who has decided that now that s/he has been accepted to Position X, s/he is just too good for the rest of us. It shows. Where before you said hi and got a response, now it is often a "harrumph." I don't understand that.

Unfortunately, if people are at all prone to pull the race, sexual orientation, religion, disability or other class cards, you know they are going to do it at Disney World. I don't understand why, in this day and age, people can't just be human beings. That is all I see when I look at other people, human beings, wonderfully flawed like me. How do you look down your nose on another person because of anything? It's not natural to look at another human being and see something other than a human being. Just watch kids on the playground: Unless they've been trained otherwise, while skin color may come up, it will be as a curiosity and juvenile appreciation, not the racism that must be learned to be practiced.

I hope we can move beyond that by the time the next generation starts growing up.

And now this SGT preacher steps off his soapbox.
Preach on, Wallaby, preach on!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:22 pm

beaker328 wrote:As they started back up front the woman....oh by the way, this family are black, turned to me and loudly said "YOU ARE A RACIST
I would have said, "Yes, I am. Now get your ass in the BACK of the monorail, Rosa."

(No offense to anyone intended...I just couldn't help it.)

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Honda Enoch
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Honda Enoch » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Syndrome wrote:I would have said, "Yes, I am. Now get your ass in the BACK of the monorail, Rosa."

(No offense to anyone intended...I just couldn't help it.)

Sorry but I fell out of my chair laughing at this one. :p:

when I was in middle school this one girl got ticked one day. she was always the last stop to be picked up on the way to school, so by the time she got on the bus was about full. most the kids loaded front to back so this girl always got the last seat in the back. she was black and one day she went to the office to complain saying the bus driver took that route on purpose just to make her sit in the back. It was funny to hear them explain to her the route is planned by the transportation board and they have no idea of knowing the race of the student, that she lived closest to the school so she was last pick up and first drop off. LOL

"You know me. I'm that little voice inside that tells you..."