25 things...

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: 25 things...

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:12 pm

3. Is a loving father.
4. Knows how to turn on a computer.

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 pm

1. I'm a hopeless romantic

2. I'm color blind though growing up I always loved yellow

3. I am deathly afraid of elevators

4. I have been to Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris but have never been to the original Disneyland

5. I've been to both the Eiffel Tower and the Tokyo Tower and I'm poor.

6. I speak a good amount of three languages

7. My family is originally from Coney Island

8. I was in a serious relationship with a girl for 9 months, even though I knew I was gay. And now we're good friends.

9. I watched man committed suicide in front of me when I was only 8 years old.

10. I have had a real gun held to my head.

11. I graduated High School with 4 Senior Awards

12. I HATE my college.

13. My first job was at Hot Topic and now I am owned by The Walt Disney Company

14. I have been a student at 8 different schools

15. I used to skate board and bike ride religiously.

16. I was Baptized at a Catholic church and had a Barmitzvah when I was 13.

17. I always wanted to be in a production on Broadway!

18. I am a total theater queen

19. I have a twin brother, but when my mom was pregnant, I was a triplet, not a twin.

20. I am supposed to be writing an English paper but I'm too distracted right now.

21. My favorite Disney character is Figment

22. I am a very anxious person

23. I am very neurotic

24. I used to play on a Volley Ball team

25. When I was 11-17, I used to dress up in Victorian clothing and volunteer at Historic Richmond Town

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Okay, finally got mine drafted:

1.I have a degree in electronic engineering.

2.I worked on the first “Star Wars” laser systems back before the movies came out.

3.I have over a dozen computers at home, eight of which are in daily use.

4.I am a life member of the National Model Railroad Association, having worked for them for eight years as their first library director.

5.I’m a big fan of classical music (and I mean Bach, not the Beatles).

6.I once designed a typeface where all the characters were composed of rifles and revolvers. I called it “Serif John”.

7.I used to produce industrial training films. I was a good editor (if I say so myself), but I was a terrible cameraman.

8.My “Disney Reverence Shelf” contains over 15 linear feet of Disney history books (not counting the unread ones stacked on the floor).

9.I have operated miniature steam locomotives over the track from Walt’s backyard.

10.Given a choice of fiction, I’ll pick science fiction every time.

11.I studied music theory for six years, took three years of piano, four of trombone (in a marching band), and play 6-string and 12-string guitar.

12.I’m writing a symphony based on some incidental music from “Aladdin”.

13.I have founded or co-founded five non-profit corporations, all of which survived me.

14.I’m allergic to gin.

15.I prefer Diet Dr. Pepper, and will sometimes smuggle a bottle into the park with me.

16.I generally like snakes, but I make a special exception for water moccasins.

17.I have a pretty bad case of arachnophobia, instilled at a tender age when I lived in an area full of black widows. Yet neither tarantulas nor the big “banana” spiders here in Florida trigger this response, and my response in general is improving.

18.I also suffer from ochlophobia, which is a pretty comical affliction for someone who worked in a theme park. It’s getting worse.

19.Since I was five, I’ve never lived without a cat for more than six months.

20.The talent I most wish I had was the ability to remember which names match faces. I can remember names, and I can remember faces, but I have absolutely no cross-reference.

21.The talent I most wish I had more opportunity to use is doing voice acting for cartoons. (No, I’ve done nothing you’ve ever seen, I’m quite sure.)

22.I have never danced, not even at my wedding (for which SWMBO still hasn’t forgiven me).

23.I hate driving, especially after dark.

24.I have taught in colleges in four different states for over twenty years, but never the same course more than twice.

25.I have worked for Disney longer than for any other company.

Zazu

Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 pm

25 Things About Me

1.) I met my husband on a blind date in 1971
2.) We never had kids.. Not by choice........
3.) I have only had 2 tickets since I started driving at 16
4.)I don't like anything out of place
5.)I am a bit OCD
6.)I will not leave the house without my charm necklace on
7.)A friend & I hired a guy at a store I use to manage because we thought he would be a perfect match for another friend. We were right! They have been married 18 years & have 4 kids.
8.) I don't drink any soft drinks
9.) I love going to WDW
10.) I love watching rodeos
11.) We have a Whippet named Haley
12.) I use to show dogs
13.) I am retired because I got sick, & it really ticks me off!
14.) I have had pet Rabbits, Chickens & Geese Plus Cats & Dogs
15.) My DH & I will celebrate 35 years of marriage this year
16.) I paint ceramics for relaxation
17.)Prime Rib is a favorite food.
18.) I would love to visit Paris
19.) I love John Wayne movies
20.) I wish the Adventures Club was still open
21.) I have lived in California, South Carolina & Texas
22.) I use to be afraid to fly
23.) I collect Eeyore's
24.) I play on the computer a lot
25.) I am glad this is the last answer!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 am

ktulu wrote:That is common knowledge, especially if you read EVERY post. Speaking of fruit tarts, where is Susi?
Off chasing studly vampires last I heard.....I need to call her! :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:26 am

CycloneMan wrote:...3. I am deathly afraid of elevators

5. I've been to both the Eiffel Tower and the Tokyo Tower and I'm poor....
I'm assuming from #3 that you've been to them, but not to the top of them? 'Coz that's a lot of stairs to climb. :eek:
Zazu wrote:...16.I generally like snakes, but I make a special exception for water moccasins....
I'm with you on this one, Z. Well, not about the liking snakes part, but I've never yet met a water moccasin I wanted to be friends with. I got a big jolt at my last house when I opened a backyard gate on a sunny day and nearly stepped on a four-foot moccasin. And he was not happy with me for taking away his shade! I was very glad I worked for the city where I lived and had friends in Animal Control who could come out and be brave for me. :eek: :o:
Eeyore Tattoo wrote:...12.) I use to show dogs
What did you show them??? :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:55 am

Thought y'all'd like this:
Gotta love Despair.com

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:48 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Thought y'all'd like this:
Gotta love Despair.com
Yeah, Dr. Kersten rocks. I miss that guy sometimes. You would go into his office and there would be a rap cd sitting on his desk. He was the whitest guy I knew :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 pm

25 things about me.

1. Born in chicago and moved to Oregon at 2 weeks old.
2. I am the middle child of 5 kids.
3. moved to Washington DC when I was 5, dad worked for Watergate.
4. Moved back to Corvallis, Oregon when I was 6.
5. I was a blue bird and then went into campfire.
6. I went to Mt. Reineer with my family and friends and stayed in a cabin when I was 10.
7. At the age of 13, I moved to California.
8. I went to Oak Middle School
9. I went to Los Alamitos High School 1984-1987
10. I did ROP for Knott's in my high school senior year.
11. I did ROP training at Disneyland and Del Taco.
12. Worked for corporate office as a manager.
13. Fired a crew for not working, I called the office and got a replacement crew.
14. I have a friend who is like a sister and we hang out together all the time.
15. I work in culinary food services now.
16. I have been there for almost 21 years.
17. I been to WDW at least 12 times. I met big Wallaby and Shorty82 last fall.
18. I am starting to hate the rainy weather, it sucks.
19. I got my AP several years back and I like it.
20. I have gotten drunk and riden test track and did not puke.
21. My sister and I go to the parks on Thursdays, we people watch too.
22. I have lost $220 in Las Vegas.
23. I have the fear of the dentist.
24. I hate spiders.
25. I hate driving on the freeways.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:22 pm

1. I’ve lived in Washington, California and Hawaii.
2. I worked for a data storage company that had their stock price explode. I didn’t understand AMT, qualified shares, unqualified shares, margin accounts, etc. so I did same day sales on my options. Everyone I worked with said I was crazy. I retired to Hawaii. They’re still working. Many are still paying off AMT debt. If it looks like mumbo jumbo, it is mumbo jumbo.
3. I am a college drop out.
4. My first job after dropping out was with the phone company. I thought I’d stay for six months to get enough money to go back to school. I stayed eleven years.
5. Ground is ground the world around.
6. I never had a mentor. That may have been a good thing.
7. I saw the first computer graphic user interface and mouse at Xerox’s Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) years before Steve Jobs did.
8. I went to see Terminator the day it opened on a Friday night. The theater was half empty. Who knew it would be so big?
9. I rode on an elevator with Wolfman Jack in the Anchorage Sheraton.
10. I woke up next to Brenda Lee (C/W singer) by the pool at the Silverbird Hotel In Vegas. Her show tanked shortly after.
11. I got Coach Tyrone Willingham (Stanford, Notre Dame, Washington) into the Vegas ESPN Zone after he was refused entrance.
12. I’ve been playing (beating?) drums since fifth grade. My hearing is marginal.
13. I have two nom de plumes I use to write the local newspaper. Sometimes they get into arguments, which gets other people to write in defending one or the other’s position.
14. I was in the Army and Army Reserve for sixteen years. My jobs (MOS) were MP, Field Wireman, Radio Teletype Team Chief, Career Counselor Supervisor, Provost Sergeant and Area Communications Chief. I was a Sergeant First Class when I left. I was offered a direct commission to Second Lieutenant and would have been the General’s Aide de Camp. I turned it down because all the other sergeants would have laughed at me and the officers, who were scared of me, would have played catch up.
15. I got to tour the inside of the Kremlin for $.25.
16. I am known for my shaggy dog stories.
17. I really enjoy teaching sailing to kids. Some have been total failures at other sports and are looking for something they can do. It’s great to see them put it all together and have a great time. I always get strange looks from the kids when I sing The Love Boat theme song.
18. Before I got LASIK and tossed the glasses, I was occasionally mistaken for Bill Gates. The first time it happened was by a flight attendant on an Air New Zealand flight to Australia. It may have been an insult.
19. I’ve been laid off twice. The first was from Apple Computer just after Steve Jobs got disappeared. I took nine months and sailed my ass off. The second was from a small company based in Westlake Village, CA. It was run by a bunch of crooks. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. See #2.
20. I penetrated the Superbowl winning 49ers offensive line with a shopping cart at Costco.
21. I have never texted, twittered or smoked a joint. Does anyone detect a pattern?
22. My grandfather was a rumrunner during Prohibition.
23. Chelsey Handler rules!!
24. I bicycle for exercise. I get to see stuff no one in a car even realizes is there. One time I saw a mongoose crossing the road followed by three babies. That really made my day!
25. I love my wife and my kids and my little dog. There are times when the order changes.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.