To The Locker for Captain Jack Sparrow!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: To The Locker for Captain Jack Sparrow!

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:24 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote: Side note: Does this mean there are no pirates roaming about anymore or just Captain Jack is gone? At least give me the pirate band!
I believe just Jack is gone....Yep, just Jack, there are showtimes listed for the bootstrappers.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:57 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:This whole thing is ridiculous. You went and changed my TSI to have a Pirate's Cove but no pirates?

I cannot believe that Captain Jack isn't popular anymore. I do understand about promoting the pixies, but damn those are the 2 of the biggest cash cows right now. After that is the Nightmare stuff.

Has anyone gone into WOD lately? It's all pixies and pirates. Oh, with a dash of Classic Disney thrown in.

Makes me say ARRRRRRR!

In a grouchy way, of course.

:mad:

Side note: Does this mean there are no pirates roaming about anymore or just Captain Jack is gone? At least give me the pirate band!
Don't worry LDC, there are those of us who embraced the Pirate ways long before capt Jack hit the big screen, and will be here long after he fades away!

hehehehe

Soooooooo....ITs time to embrace your inner Pirate!!!

Take a couple shots 'O RUM, and sing:

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me...

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:21 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:Does this mean there are no pirates roaming about anymore or just Captain Jack is gone? At least give me the pirate band!
Oh, don't you worry.

There are still pleanty of pirates roaming the island.

I was at the park for a while on Sunday, and while hanging out in New Orleans Square, I saw one leaving. (no doubt he had a long day of pillaging and drinking. ;) )

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Yay! (at least, there will some validation for the cache on the island)

Don't you worry, Grumpy Pirate, I was a pirate LONG before those whippersnappers showed up.

I am still waiting for Anne Bonny and Blackbeard to start roaming about. Ah, that would be a good day had by all. (although the sight of Blackbeard with a wench slung over his shoulder might make some folks a tad uncomfortable) It would make me laugh and probably join him!

To have tea with Sir Francis Drake or plot a raid with Calico Jack, that's my dream.

Captain Jack, while loved by many fangirls, is not the reason I go to see my favorite devils and black sheep.

I'll raise a bottle of rum for my comrades anyday.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Manetoys
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Manetoys » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:27 pm

I believe that women were flashing the captain more than any of the other excuses. Especially the whole "He's not popular anymore" excuse. I read an article from a guy who used to play Jack saying that drunk women would come to him asking to do all sorts of unfamily friendly things with him. Not to mention, I understand Tarzan was removed for similar reasons. I also don't get canning him in favor of the Fairies. Aren't they two separate franchises to two seperate audiences? I'd hate to see the Pirates right out replaced with Fairies then Disney will seem all "girlish" again. I loved the Pirate franchise simply because it was finally something Disney had that worked with boys.
And as for the announcement that the Pirate/Princess parties have been canned...
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Something tells me that has more to do with WDW's major cutback trends than anything else due to our current economy.
LittleDollClaudia wrote:
Captain Jack, while loved by many fangirls, is not the reason I go to see my favorite devils and black sheep.

I'll raise a bottle of rum for my comrades anyday.
I'll drink to that.
DRINK UP ME HARTIES, YO HO!!

"I solomly swear I am up to no good"

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Manetoys wrote:I read an article from a guy who used to play Jack saying that drunk women would come to him asking to do all sorts of unfamily friendly things with him.
Seeing as how some of the "unfamily friendly" things requested might lead to a family, it appears that they are actually family friendly. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Manetoys wrote:And as for the announcement that the Pirate/Princess parties have been canned...
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Something tells me that has more to do with WDW's major cutback trends than anything else due to our current economy.
You've got it, it's *all* about the money... that Disney doesn't expect guests to be spending next year.

Zazu

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 am

I am guessing the news blew it out. I heard from the managers that he was taken out because of the Pixies. :mad:

He will return later when the next Pirates movie comes out.

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm

Zazu wrote:You've got it, it's *all* about the money... that Disney doesn't expect guests to be spending next year.
But they still go and raise prices for admission and everything else. Figure that one out.

Yeah, if I have to mortgage my house to have a Disney vacation, that's ridiculous.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:48 pm

turkeyham wrote:I am guessing the news blew it out.

The news blew it? Big surprise? ;)

Oh well, like you said Captain Jack will return when they park has some new pirate related thing to promote. :cool: