To The Locker for Captain Jack Sparrow!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

To The Locker for Captain Jack Sparrow!

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:34 pm

:eek: There are notices on Board X that there will be no more Captain Jacks at DLR due to some women turning SG and flashing him among other abuses. This is very sad as I have heard multiple accounts of cool interactions between him and the guests (including one with myself) and supposedly this change was simultaneous with the new Pixies coming into the Hollow. Now I can't speak for anyone else, but Captain Jack has qualities that make him more desireable than cute little pixies for this Pirate Wench!
Can we hold a protest?
Wear BRING BACK JACK T-shirts?
Anyone I can write to? :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: To The Locker for Captain Jack Sparrow!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Don't know about the "flashing" issue, but there was an article in the San Diego onion about the four actors being let go from Disneyland that played him, and that the park was going to have more faries in the park and get away from the pirate type of promotion.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:29 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Anyone I can write to? :(
Well, my advice is to contact the Disneyland Resort through their website and voice your concerns. Its worth a try. Remember, volume is the key.

Here is the "contact us" page. You can also find their mailing address on the page;
https://secure-disneyland.disney.go.com ... tactUsPage

I personally think that a protest would be a bad idea.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:32 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Don't know about the "flashing" issue, but there was an article in the San Diego onion about the four actors being let go from Disneyland that played him, and that the park was going to have more faries in the park and get away from the pirate type of promotion.
Couldn't they keep the Captain Jack actors on and have some manly fairies. Susi would be all over that. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Lady Eeyore
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Lady Eeyore » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:17 pm

manly fairies = oxymoron

:)

Keep Cap'n Jack!!!

:p:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Disneyguy85 wrote:Well, my advice is to contact the Disneyland Resort through their website and voice your concerns. Its worth a try. Remember, volume is the key.

Here is the "contact us" page. You can also find their mailing address on the page;
https://secure-disneyland.disney.go.com ... tactUsPage

I personally think that a protest would be a bad idea.
Thanks for the page.....I was thinking more of a silent protest....maybe we can all wear Pirate Bandanas and braids and meet all at the same time at POTC for a ride ;)

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:14 am

Oh, those poor blinded Jacks what will become of them. The medusas flashing the Jacks surely blinded them. Maybe a home for blinded Jacks.

I do see Disney's concerns as I would hate to be a parent with a kid who gets a free peep show. There has to be some characters like Tarzan out there to keep us entertained. Manly fairies what a joke.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:33 am

My understanding is that he's not gone forever. He's gone until Pirates 4 comes out. I also don't think it has to do with SGs, I think they just needed to pick what to promote and the pixie movies are the new things that need promoting.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:49 am

lady ulrike wrote:My understanding is that he's not gone forever. He's gone until Pirates 4 comes out. I also don't think it has to do with SGs, I think they just needed to pick what to promote and the pixie movies are the new things that need promoting.
Several more years 'til he comes back......NO GOOD!
They do have Captain Jack in front of the El Capitan theatre in Hollywood as of last week.....but they make the poor guy make balloon swords and wear a Santa Hat :eek:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:55 pm

lady ulrike wrote:My understanding is that he's not gone forever. He's gone until Pirates 4 comes out. I also don't think it has to do with SGs, I think they just needed to pick what to promote and the pixie movies are the new things that need promoting.
Sounds very possible. Captain Jack is a great character.

Heck, Walt Disney himself was no stranger to synergy. He loved using the park to promote the studio's new things.