Line Jumpers...dang, y'all are good!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Line Jumpers...dang, y'all are good!

Post by turkeyham » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:02 pm

When I went on the train with my friend from GA. We went on the railroad at the MK. Why is it that these stupid guests try to get out of the train while it is still in motion? They told the guests to remain seated until we had reached a station. I have been on the train a few times and see the swampy areas in the back. I am waiting to see some SG jump and hear a out of bounds guest on their radio system. If you really want to jump into a swamp area, do it in Gatorland so we don't have to hear your blood curtling screams from the gators eating you. :twisted:

Double T
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Double T » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Oh geez....can't believe I didn't tell you guys about this...

A few weeks ago, I was working grouper at FNSV. A party of SEVEN come walking up the exit to join their party of ONE that was waiting in line for them for an hour.

I had someone take over for me as to not slow down the line and proceeded to inform them that they could not join their ONE PERSON in line.

They started whining that they didn't want to wait an hour in line, went to ride Space Mtn., yadda yadda....and I'm just standing there, smiling, arms crossed behind my back waiting for them to finish.

Gesturing to the line that goes all the way to the Matterhorn...

"None of them have any problem waiting an hour to board a sub. Why are you any different?"

They say they're going to City Hall...filing a complaint...

And I make sure that they don't mix me up with any of the other people that share my name on dock, give them the best way to describe me, and tell them to make sure that they inform City Hall that I wouldn't let their party of SEVEN join the party of ONE because they were impatient. Then I wish them a good day, and go back to grouping.

Later, I asked my lead if he'd heard anything, and told him what happened. He hadn't heard squat, and was glad I didn't get him for the situation.

Guess he wouldn't have been as nice. :twisted:
T

"You know Explorers...I have people ask me all the time how these docks have stayed standing so strong for close to 50 years, and I tell them to just take a look..."
"They're covered with mussels."

Texanne
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Texanne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 am

People can be sooo rude. I'm curious, if someone like that did complain to City Hall, would you ever hear about it? Do they give you a chance to explain what happened? I hope so.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:39 am

I'm not sure what City Hall would do. I've never heard anybody being called to explain their side of a gust complaint. I was working Dumbo one night when a lady and her son came in the exit and sat themselves down. I wa the one handing out the "boarding passes" and they claimed I hadn't given them one. Long story short- witnesses told us they came up the exit, nobody saw her in line, and security was called to get her off the ride before we would start it. She went to City Hall to complain, but I think our managers/coordinators called them first to explain the situation so they couldn't lie to them. They backed us up!

I will admit to being guilty of a little line jumping this weekend. I was at WoF with my father, cousin, her husband, and their two kids. I stopped in the restroom while they walked on. I found my cousin and her daughter at Octopus. I politely asked if the group behind them would mind if I joined my family. If they had said no I would have been fine, but they were nice (maybe because I was polite?). I have done the same thing when it was one person and they were polite.

Petite and Proud!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:48 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:...I will admit to being guilty of a little line jumping this weekend. I was at WoF with my father, cousin, her husband, and their two kids. I stopped in the restroom while they walked on. I found my cousin and her daughter at Octopus. I politely asked if the group behind them would mind if I joined my family. If they had said no I would have been fine, but they were nice (maybe because I was polite?). I have done the same thing when it was one person and they were polite.
Now, see, that's the way to do it -- polite, not presumptious, asking permission. Good for you.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:51 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:I'm not sure what City Hall would do. I've never heard anybody being called to explain their side of a gust complaint.
City Hall tends to pass the complaint along to area management. I've been asked on several occasions to relate my view of an incident. A couple of times I had handled things poorly and said so. More often the two stories diverged wildly, but each time my leaders decided that my version sounded a whole lot more believable than the guest's. On those occasions when I thought a guest was likely to visit City Hall, I called to warn management about the situation. They loved this, because it let them sound knowledgeable and to give a verbal slapdown if the guest strayed too far from fact.

A good example of this last was a guest who let her purse fall off the train just as it was starting out from Toontown. I was working the platform, so scooped it up and handed it back to her. She screamed that I was trying to steal it and demanded my name. I gave it to her and added that she should report me to City Hall (it was a slow day, I figured they could use a laugh). Then I called in a report.

By the time she got to City Hall I had stolen all her money, two credit cards, and her families' annual passes; no--*premium* annual passes. Knowing the score, my manager said, "Make you a deal: All annual passes are listed on my computer here. If you're listed, I'll make you new ones and dicipline Zazu. But if you *aren't* listed as having annual passes, I'll call security and have you tossed out of the Park for lying about my cast members."

He said it was pretty funny how fast they ran out of City Hall!

Zazu

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:55 am

Zazu wrote:
A good example of this last was a guest who let her purse fall off the train just as it was starting out from Toontown. I was working the platform, so scooped it up and handed it back to her. She screamed that I was trying to steal it and demanded my name. I gave it to her and added that she should report me to City Hall (it was a slow day, I figured they could use a laugh). Then I called in a report.

By the time she got to City Hall I had stolen all her money, two credit cards, and her families' annual passes; no--*premium* annual passes. Knowing the score, my manager said, "Make you a deal: All annual passes are listed on my computer here. If you're listed, I'll make you new ones and dicipline Zazu. But if you *aren't* listed as having annual passes, I'll call security and have you tossed out of the Park for lying about my cast members."

He said it was pretty funny how fast they ran out of City Hall!
Whoa! That was a PG: psycho guest! I wonder if she had pulled that trick somewhere else and got away with it? :eek:

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:29 am

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Whoa! That was a PG: psycho guest! I wonder if she had pulled that trick somewhere else and got away with it? :eek:
My guess is on yes. I wonder how many times she's gotten away with it and got money from the deal... :mad:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:46 am

Pretty scary... but I loved the way you and the manager handled it!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Probably just came in from California and did the same thing at Knott's. The management there is more likely to believe the guest, no matter how outrageous the story, than the ride operator. I speak from experience. Though there was that one incident where I was attacked by a guest and her goons, ending with my having a strained right wrist and on limited duty for six weeks. I had her and her goons arrested, but I honestly don't think anything of the case. Granted, everybody was nice to me, but you know that's so you won't sue them. I still think the cops were paid off not to do anything, because I tried to get ahold of the detectives, and nothing. No reply, or anything. I should've taken my sister's offer to let her boss handle them. Especially since my attacker and her goons admitted they came into the park to deliberately start trouble.