New Item But Not Yet Good Information

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: New Item But Not Yet Good Information

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 pm

Who would seriously bring in that much stuff? I would live it in a safe box maybe at a bank. Disney is not held resposible for anything stolen. This included personal strollers, purses, etc. I have nice stuff, but I keep it at home and don't bring it to the parks. :twisted:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:13 pm

I remember when my family was young and we went to WDW. I had a system where I split up all our cash and traveler's checks in four equal small batches. I then put one batch in my left front pocket and one in my right front pocket. I gave the other two to my wife and she did the same thing. My theory was that I didn't think that even the best pick pocket around could do two pockets at once much less four. I figured that even if they did get one I would still have 75% of my money left. I also figured that, at that particular point in time, the "frontal" area of my being was highly sensitized and I would notice someones fingers in my pocket...now they could use a snow shovel and it would probably go unnoticed. :o:

:goofy: :goofy:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:17 am

Goofyernmost wrote:I remember when my family was young and we went to WDW. I had a system where I split up all our cash and traveler's checks in four equal small batches. I then put one batch in my left front pocket and one in my right front pocket. I gave the other two to my wife and she did the same thing. My theory was that I didn't think that even the best pick pocket around could do two pockets at once much less four. I figured that even if they did get one I would still have 75% of my money left. I also figured that, at that particular point in time, the "frontal" area of my being was highly sensitized and I would notice someones fingers in my pocket...now they could use a snow shovel and it would probably go unnoticed. :o:
Well, they always say that you are as young as you feel...but what if you can't feel anything??

hehehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

disneyfav4ever
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disneyfav4ever » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:50 am

I will never understand why people take valuables like that on vacation, much less to a water park.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:41 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that people leave all sorts of stuff in a strooler too. Purses, drinks, the baby gear, everything.

When I was young and foolish and partying, I went to a bar in Oakland CA, and got up to dance. I left my drink on the bar. I came back, drank my drink and later was so high, I could not drive. It was a very strong psychedelic drug. I could guess that it was probably LSD because of the way I felt and what I saw. :eek: I was very scared and it lasted so long. :(

I had NEVER done those drugs, was actually afraid of drugs when I was young. I was a Rum and Coke gal! Someone had spiked my drink. Since that incident, I NEVER, EVER leave an open drink anywhere. I will not drink from a bottle if it has been out of my possession. Even if it is Disneyland, someone could do it. I have never forgotten that and am always careful now. It is just something that stays with ya! (Contrary to popular belief, SOME hippy's never did psychedelics!) Alice Cooper didn't, Frank Zappa didn't and I didn't!

I always wonder why people are so trusting and leave so much in the strollers. I take my backpack and even on the ECV, I don't leave anything on the ECV. I take everything with me as well as the ECV key!

The Princess

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

thomaskr
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by thomaskr » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:09 pm

Princess Susi wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that people leave all sorts of stuff in a strooler too. Purses, drinks, the baby gear, everything.
Apparently (and this is what my wife tells me) women lose 5 points off of their IQ scale with each baby. Regardless, the combination of hormone fluctuation, emotional lability and - above all - the stress of watching out for infants leaves mothers a little... silly, shall we say? I can't even begin to count the number of times I've found:

- keys in the ignition of the car
- keys in the front door of the house (outside part of the door)
- purse left on the front porch
- keys and money left in front vestibule when we have contractors in the house

etc.

And of course you can never challenge them on it and god-forbid they should ever catch you doing the same. They just get angry at you.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:48 pm

One time at Disneyland I left a drink in our stroller, came back finished it off. A bit later I had the weirdest experience, I was on a boat and there were all these little kids from all over the world singing to me. It didn't last long, but I too, vowed to never leave my drink alone again!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Wow, Ktulu, someone did the same thing to me! It's a reoccurring hallucination too. It happens every time I go with my parents to Magic Kingdom! :D:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:06 pm

thomaskr wrote:Apparently (and this is what my wife tells me) women lose 5 points off of their IQ scale with each baby. Regardless, the combination of hormone fluctuation, emotional lability and - above all - the stress of watching out for infants leaves mothers a little... silly, shall we say? I can't even begin to count the number of times I've found:

- keys in the ignition of the car
- keys in the front door of the house (outside part of the door)
- purse left on the front porch
- keys and money left in front vestibule when we have contractors in the house

etc.

And of course you can never challenge them on it and god-forbid they should ever catch you doing the same. They just get angry at you.
My gender prevents me from blaming this on being a mom, but about a year ago I was with my family, including my wife, 2 boys, and both sets of grandparents, going out to eat at a Red Lobster after my younger son had a concert in downtown Dallas. We lingered over the meal, spending probably an hour and a half at the table.

After we paid and left, I found that my keys weren't in my pocket! I went back inside and looked thoroughly on the floor around where I'd been sitting, and questioned the server and a manager in case any keys had been turned in. They hadn't. So I begin retracing my steps between the restaurant and the car, thinking perhaps they'd fallen out of my pocket. No luck there -- until I got to the car.

It was unlocked.

The keys were there.

In the ignition.

And the car was still running! :eek: :o:

It was a while before my family got tired of kidding me about that one, but I accepted it graciously, I hope. I was just glad that my car was still there!!! :oops:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:09 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:Wow, Ktulu, someone did the same thing to me! It's a reoccurring hallucination too. It happens every time I go with my parents to Magic Kingdom! :D:
I suspect the duck...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."