...and we're back

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: ...and we're back

Post by Randy B » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:05 am

dancinghomer wrote:On the upper left under their profile picture in that same box it says "View my: Pics". Click on the word pics. You may need to have a myspace account to view them.
Yep. that's the problem. Unless you have an account you are unable to view the photos. When I click that link I get the myspace main page. Oh. well, I guess I'll have to do without.

Randy

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:31 am

Randy B wrote:Yep. that's the problem. Unless you have an account you are unable to view the photos. When I click that link I get the myspace main page. Oh. well, I guess I'll have to do without.

Randy
You can always create an account with nothing posted/uploaded and turn off all settings so you can just use it to view other profiles (the joys of having too many friends who can't just use Facebook). Thats all my account is.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:46 am

Randy B wrote:Yep. that's the problem. Unless you have an account you are unable to view the photos. When I click that link I get the myspace main page. Oh. well, I guess I'll have to do without.

Randy
[font="Palatino Linotype"]not to worry...i finally figured out how to get pics up here...see? :D: [/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:59 pm

All I see is the dreaded little red X in the box, Elena.

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Whazzup wrote:All I see is the dreaded little red X in the box, Elena.
[font="Palatino Linotype"]in all the boxes where i put pics?[/font] :eek:

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:00 pm

dancinghomer wrote:You can always create an account with nothing posted/uploaded and turn off all settings so you can just use it to view other profiles (the joys of having too many friends who can't just use Facebook). Thats all my account is.
[font="Palatino Linotype"]it took us forever to let elyse's son-in-law create the myspace page for us...that was before we'd ever heard of facebook (when did facebook come about anyway?) :confused: [/font]

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) wrote:[font="Palatino Linotype"]it took us forever to let elyse's son-in-law create the myspace page for us...that was before we'd ever heard of facebook (when did facebook come about anyway?) :confused: [/font]
Facebook has only been out for about 4 years now, and it started as only a college thing. Over time they allowed high schoolers to create accounts and within the last year they allowed anyone to create an account.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:56 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]hi all...

so sorry it's taken so long to get this up (no comments please :rolleyes: ), but i've been having BW help me with some details and he hasn't been on sgt for awhile he tells me...so here goes with some more of our trip to WDW...

3/4/08

we got up early and waited around because we weren't sure who was going to call or where we'd be going or what time we'd be going (ah, a theme ;) )...KidAtHeart called and we went to epcot...KidAtHeart and i went on the ride that has the greenhouses in it (i can see where that one could be a good napping ride :) )...we decided against "soarin;" (too bad the sign making people were too tired to put the rest of the name up there ;) ) because the line was just too long...it's the same ride in dca (one of the only reasons elyse and i even go over there)...by then it was time to eat...elyse wasn't hungry, so i picked up a banana in case she got munchy during the day...i had a salad or something...i can't remember what KidAtHeart had, but then it was time to go outside of that show building...we were right next to nemo, but for some reason KidAtHeart didn't want to go on it right then...she wanted to go somewhere else...elyse said she wanted a cigarette...fair enough...she hadn't had one since we'd gotten into the park and i wouldn't mind having one myself (i like one after eating like most smokers do)...

i think this was a day when BW caught up with us and we went on TEST TRACK (not a good ride for elyse...it didn't do good things for her already hurting back) and MISSION SPACE (what a ride...it doesn't hurt ANYTHING :D: )...

exactly what we did the rest of the day escapes me...it's been too long now and BW can't remember either :o:

3/5/08 wednesday

this day started on the late side again as i believe this was the day the ecv's were gotten for elyse and KidAtHeart...just what we did this day i can't remember clearly (again), but it was a day that was cut kind of short due to having to be somewhere later in the evening (a dinner meet :) )...elyse really began to feel unwell as her back began to give her more problems...

went back to the hotel quickly to go to boma's...i didn't even have time to get changed...and we were running late...elyse had stopped to check to see if a package she was waiting for had arrived and that made her late...and her back began hurting more...she decided she just couldn't hurry enough to be able to keep the rest of us (BW, KidAtHeat and me) from being any later than we already were so she stayed behind at the hotel...and off the rest of us were to boma's...in attendance were, zazu and his lovely wife, cranbiz and his lovely wife, disneyprincess1988, bpgstudios,KidAtHeart,BW, (i'm really sorry if i've left anyone out...if you were there please add yourself to the list)...sorry to say it really wasn't my kind of fare, but i did have a drink and enjoyed talking with zazu (who i found out grew up in a not too distant area from me and just happens to be my age :) ...also knows some of the same stomping grounds...that made me feel more at home away from home...thanks so much zazu :D :) ...

plans were made for the next day (hooray!) and zazu gave me directions, but i doubt i could have gotten us there on my own after having seen how we would have had to get there later on in the week...it was to have been breakfast (i think we would have been there mostly for the conversation) and then going to the magic kingdom...there was much talking and eating going on...i don't remember what time it was when it all broke up, but then it was time to go back to the hotel...hmmmm...i didn't get to eat that day...
[/font]

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: ...and we're back part IV - DAY

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]3/6/08 thursday day

thursday morning i woke up...late...we missed getting to breakfast...the problem was that i got the wake up call ok, but the alarm i set didn't go off and we overslept...which is to say i woke up in time to see that people were now sitting down to eat...a frantic phone call to zazu...sorry sorry sorry...we'll meet you at the magic kingdom...up and dressed and to the magic kingdom and there were zazu and KidAtHeart waiting for us just on the other side of the security check point...it didn't take long to get through there...and, of course, :bubble: were given to all the security guards there :) ...

we got a locker right away...we had a lot of :bubble: with us...we knew we'd be back later...the pirate and princess party was going to be that night...but this morning we were going to be taking zazu's misguided tour...

we wandered around the square in main st...we looked at the buildings...looked down main st....commented on how everything appeared strange...then we realized it looked reversed from what we're used to seeing...zazu and i walked and elyse and KidAtHeart were on ecv's as we made our way down main st. and towards tomorrowland...we went on the peoplemover (i know it has another name now, but we called it the peopleremover anyway, cuz that's what one of our kids called it ;) )...it sure went a lot faster than our peoplemover went...ours was powered on rubber wheels...that was its big deal...i guess the one at the mk is powered by magnets...it was still very cool to go on after all these years :clap: )...then we went on the carousel of progress...oh my! elyse and i hadn't seen it since the 70's when they changed ours over to "america sings"...it was good for what it was (it was sad to see that so much of it was changed...scenes changed or missing completely...the theme was completely changed...ah well...that's progress! :D: )...

we wandered onwards and met up with zazu's wife...KidAtHeart, zazu and his better half were off to lunch...elyse and i decided we would go on some rides and we'd meet up with KidAtHeart and some others later on in time for the beginning of the pirate and princess party..."be back by 4pm" we were told, "you need to leave here no later than 2pm"...ok, and we were off on our own (gee, where were we? we'd hoped for guide since we really didn't know our way around)...

we found our way to the merry-go-round and blew some :bubble: :bubble: as well as giving them to the cm...some guests told us it looked pretty :cool: so we gave them some :bubble: too :) ...then we found big thunder...of course we couldn't wait to ride this ride...it's one of our very fav rides at home (ooopppssss...did i say dl is our home? tee hee)...so on we went (and yes, there WERE :bubble: trailing)...and just as we were almost all the way out of the exit elyse's cell phone rang...and who could it possibly be? why it was the LEAD from btmrr at dl wanting to know what we were up to... :dancear: how funny is that? so we talked with him on the way to a s.s. (smoking section ;) )...and then we took some photos and video snipets...and the sky grew uglier and uglier...and then it began to rain...and then it began to pour :( ...but then we met jud! we waited out the rain as long as we could, but we did have to be out of the park and on the bus by 2pm...

we were going down main st. when we ran into the suffragettes...they got :bubble: ...they were also hard to break away from...one of them even gave each of us her calling card...very cute...she plans on being the next mayor, you know ;)
[/font]

Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: ...and we're back PART V.I

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:14 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]THURSDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING/NIGHT

so out of the park we went and back to the hotel...a rush to change into our faire clothes...neither of us had worn them since bat's day last august...both of us have lost weight...hmmmm...loose bodices don't hold up skirts properly, but there's nothing that can be done about it...it looks like it's gonna be cold, but no rain is predicted until after midnight...ok, well, i'll just take my blankie with me (an army blanket will look ok as a kind of thing a wench might use for warmth)...elyse decides that the "party" won't last long enough for her to need her ecv, but what to do about KidAtHeart's? i decided we'd better take it along...she really didn't say one way or another and there was no way for me to call her...so now we're dressed and we go out to the front of the hotel...but the bus driver won't let us on this bus because of the ecv...we're going to be a little late...i'm beating myself up over this one...ok, we get on the next bus...we get to the magic kingdom, but where's everyone else? here it was...5:30 and elyse and i were wondering if we'd been left behind outside or what cuz we'd been a bit late...hmmmm...and on top of it it began to rain...oh great! and our :bubble:
were in the locker, so we couldn't even give any out to the cm's who were around us and wondering why we seemed a bit upset...a call to BW...no answer...i left a message...it's getting later...i didn't have my ticket from earlier in the day, but elyse did...a few tears were shed (i won't lie...we were frustrated)...the cm's there got us wristbands so we could go in, but where was the rest of our group? another call to BW...another message left...looking for a place to stay dry AND have a cig...the cm's couldn't have been nicer "really, we have something for you, but it's in the locker...no, we don't have the key" :o: ...finally a call from BW "we're running a little late" (oh, thank god it wasn't us) "we'll be there in 20-30 minutes"...so now it's after 6...most of the places to eat are gonna close at 7pm...i haven't eaten that day...neither has elyse...dunno if elyse is hungry, but i sure am...6:15 and we're still waiting...aha! we see them...but we brought the ecv and it wasn't wanted...it gets checked and we get into the locker...elyse doesn't follow BW and me as i hand out :bubble: to the cm's who were so kind to us while elyse and i were waiting...elyse went on ahead of us down main st...BW's wife and Kid went on ahead of us too...i'm not sure where they went except that in honor of the evening and in keeping with the theme of pirates fish for dinner was what was decided on (i know my hubby had told BW weeks before elyse and i don't eat fish at all :p: ...even eating canned tuna for me is something i hardly ever do)...so :bubble: having been given out BW and i head down main st...i know elyse has been there cuz there are cm's who call to us (elyse and i were dressed alike in our ren faire clothes) and she must have mentioned me and bubbles cuz they didn't look surprised to receive :bubble: but looked happy to get them...i hooked up with elyse and BW took off to be with his wife and Kid...i looked for something to eat...drat! all the hamburger places closed before 7pm...the places still open where i might have eaten are reservation only places...and the rain rain rain came down down down...elyse and i went to a smoking area to decide what to do...
[/font]