...and we're back

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

...and we're back

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:21 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]hi all...

there was so much to do and so much to see and many many people to meet...and LOTS of bubbles to hand out (we wish there had been more bottles to give away, but we could only do so many before it was time to go and we did take over 650 bottles :eek: )...

i know main streeter was keeping y'all informed as best as she could for the first several days we were at the "world"...there were several glitches, but i don't want to dwell on those...

we did meet some very interesting people while we were there (mostly in the smoking areas)...we did notice a marked difference in the guests between those we see at dl and those we saw at wdw...some cm's told us it was because of the areas of the world people were coming from, but we get people from all over the world at dl too, so i don't buy that for a minute...

most of the cm's we met were WONDERFUL and some even knew who we were before we broke out any bubbles (one cm was SOOOO excited..."i know who you are! you're the bubble ladies! i read about you on sgt, but i only read there i don't post"...so i encouraged her to sign up and post...dunno if she will or not, but she sure was a cutie...she was working on MISSION SPACE(what a ride...it's so good it should be at dl...and i know just where to put it...i know a show building that has this permanent trade show that could easily go away...another place could be found for asimo)...ahahaha...i just recalled that she dropped all her orange and green cards too...i wish i could remember her name...i think i took a photo of her...if i did maybe i can zero in on her name tag...there were a few other cm's who knew who we were from sgt...but others were calling us the bubble ladies all on their own (if we gave out bubbles at the beginning of a ride by the time we got to the end they knew we were there and there were bubbles all over the place :D: )...it got so that when i went on a few of the rides on different days the cm's recognized me from previous days (they even commented on the different "ears" i was wearing that day...we took the makings for easter, st. patty's day and multi-colored stars)...

things didn't go quite to plan (though i'm not sure what the plan was since i've yet to read the planning thread)...elyse wasn't feeling well for several days and that left me to go to the parks alone :( (kind of a drag...i don't even go to dl alone...in fact, i hate going anywhere alone)...but i did my best to have a good time...blowing bubbles from the merry-go-round and the teacups one night (i was told it looked pretty cool :cool: )...

hmmmm....i'm not sure how long a post i can post at one time, so i'll end here...i'll try to write a kind of timeline for myself and then have a better way of writing here...not so jumbled up ;)

but i'd like to thank those who met up with us (you know who you are) to help make this a special trip...and if anyone has the opportunity to take zazu's tour i suggest you do so...he's thoroughly charming and knows his stuff...bw was great! even though a pretty ill wallaby he was getting out of bed to get admission into a park and a locker and then he'd be off back to bed, but i'd (or we'd) be set for the day to explore the parks and have lockers at each one...AND bw was well enough the day before we left to be able to get to work, so was able to see and hear him do his stuff (and he's VERY GOOD...good enough to request to sit on his jeep and worth the wait)
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: ...and we're back

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:31 pm

YAY! The Bubble Ladies had fun! Cannot wait to hear all the stories and see pics! :D:
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Great to hear you had such a nice time at WDW! I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting the great pictures :D: .

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Hooray, glad you had a (mostly) great time and can't wait to hear about it....
So when will you be at DL again? :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Yes, when is the next DL trip??

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:24 am

Yay! Now we want full report, pictures, transcripts, and we're all waiting for Bubbles Ladies visit WDW the movie :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:34 am

ktulu wrote:Yay! Now we want full report, pictures, transcripts, and we're all waiting for Bubbles Ladies visit WDW the movie :D:
What he said!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:41 pm

BRWombat wrote:What he said!!
They could show it on the Disney channel, AND travel channel!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

accioetoile
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by accioetoile » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:00 pm

aww, I'm glad you had fun! I wonder if I know who you met at Mission: Space. If you find out her name, you'll have to let me know!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:04 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Yes, when is the next DL trip??
One of them is @ DL today! ;) :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]