SGT on Pirates

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: SGT on Pirates

Post by hobie16 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 am

Randy B wrote:I've often thought about carrying a mirror in the car for the guy who tailgates with his brights on. I've had a few of them who are bright enough to actually feel a sunburn beginning on the back of my neck.
Years ago Car & Driver magazine had an article about a Cadillac that was set up for high speed freeway racing on I-15 out of LA. One of the defense devices was a strobe light mounted behind the rear license plate. The license plate was on a motor that would flip it down when the strobe was fired up.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:12 pm

PapaMouse wrote:I have turned to people and told them "Thanks for ruining the show/ride for me with your annoying flash." Even had one guy follow me out of IASW and try to put the flash right in my face and flash it. I threw my hand up and his flash went flying and smashed on the ground. He wanted to start some sh!t but a CM had seen it all and told the man he needed to leave.
I could have sworn that at some point IASW was the one attraction where you were allowed to use flash photography. That and the finale of Country Bears...

-Rob

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:01 pm

My dad, a friend of ours (actually, if anyone knows Jay the Magician, that's our friend) and I want to do this whole....practical joke thing involving a camera, Illuminations and a person being "blind". Don't want to go into to it...still in the "planning" stages (as in...we have the tools and idea and plan...but not the time).

On the topic though, sorta, working at RFC is a huge annoyance with flashes. not just the strobes for the lightning, those are easy to avoid. it's those dang cameras. Though we find it amazingly humorous when people wait until the animals start moving before they take their picture. Ranks right up there with people who take pictures of their families at Test Track. Sitting in cars. That are found or will be found at local dealerships. Those people still...worry me.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:00 am

PapaMouse wrote:I always carried a package of BB's in my glove box. when I get a tail gate'er or bright lighter I grab a hand full and toss them out the sun roof. They back off real fast.
A friend of mine as a small SUV. He grew tired of the tailgaters, so he "reconfigured" the rear windshield washer hose to point straight back. Now when a tailgater gets so close that he can't even see the the front of their car (or headlights at night), he hits the rear washer button.
:twisted:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:29 am

There was a thread on a Jeep forum about a guy who got brights behind him, so he got behind the guy and turned on top light bar, two side lights and the lights mounted on his bumper up front, basically lighting up the guys car in front of him. The guy moved over slowed down, got back behind him with his brights again, so the guy turned on his REAR lights, thus blinding the guy again. The guy backed off and took the next turn/exit :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:22 am

leftcoaster wrote:A friend of mine as a small SUV. He grew tired of the tailgaters, so he "reconfigured" the rear windshield washer hose to point straight back. Now when a tailgater gets so close that he can't even see the the front of their car (or headlights at night), he hits the rear washer button.
:twisted:
Sounds like a guy in Portland that I never met but heard about, who put acid in his rear washer fluid. Not enough to be a problem in the tank, but if you didn't realize the acid was there on your car... :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Good Lord, the flashers were out again in force! On PoC on Sat., the people in the boat in front of us literally took multiple photos of every scene. And I am not exaggerating, although I'm sure the rest of the people in their boat wish I was. It was flash, flash, flash every two inches. Arghhhh!

We had a flasher in our boat, too, but it was actually mildly amusing because she had no idea how to use her camera. She was in the row in front of us, and I didn't lay into her as I usually do with her ilk because Mr. Syndrome and I got a kick out of how she managed to take several photos of her elbow and even set the flash off in her eyes a couple of times as she stared at it wondering why it didn't work for the photo.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:06 pm

Seems a lot of people like taking their pictures on PotC. I've been behind boats where it seemed everyone was constantly taking pictures, and totally ruining the moments created in the attraction.

My favorite was the day I spent with KidAtHeart, where a kid was on BTMR in our train, he stood up out of the car, hit one of the "flying" bats, and sat back down right before the first lift hill ended.

Part of me was hoping he'd fall out, except that that would have stopped the ride for at least the rest of the day. When I went to tell him he almost shut the place down, he didn't understand English.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:32 am

Too bad Disney parks do not have the right type of flashers as that would make Syndrome blush lol.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:29 am

I can't imagine Syndrome blushing... Screaming at the top of her lungs on Everest and Hulk, yes, but blushing? No.