SGT on Pirates

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

SGT on Pirates

Post by ktulu » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:07 pm

So, it's the end of the night, we're one of the last families to ride POTC. The family in front of us split up on the queue, so they were on different boats. Us following the other one. Well, boat 2 (us) catches up to boat 1. Dad is in front row of boat 2 and grabs boat 1, then while we go into the jail scene, he climbs into boat 1 and then over each row to the 2nd row, just to scare his kids in row 1. I never heard any warnings, in fact the only time I heard anything was when some kid was throwing things into a scene and someone (cm maybe) told him to stop.

Seems like WDW has a larger number of SG's than DLR, I'm sure this has something to do with size, but it seems like DLR enforces rules better than WDW.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: SGT on Pirates

Post by Floridian » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:29 pm

My best guess on why there was no announcement directed at the SG who climbed into the other boat is this strange phenomenon that happened to be a few times so I assume must happen to other attractions CMs. It works like this, a CM sees a guest doing something just so insanely stupid and dangerous that they can't think of a single thing to announce that wont wind them up getting terminated. A few seconds later when the CM has gotten over their shock the SG is no longer breaking any rules.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Floridian wrote:My best guess on why there was no announcement directed at the SG who climbed into the other boat is this strange phenomenon that happened to be a few times so I assume must happen to other attractions CMs. It works like this, a CM sees a guest doing something just so insanely stupid and dangerous that they can't think of a single thing to announce that wont wind them up getting terminated. A few seconds later when the CM has gotten over their shock the SG is no longer breaking any rules.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Although the amount of flashes going off you'd think the cm would say something. I was starting to wonder if I was mistaking them for lightning, hell 98% of the flash can be seen right by the Jack Sparrow parts...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:13 am

Last night, I took some friends to see Illuminations. One of the things I like to do is watch the things that everyone might not see... like when the flashes were going off during the globe video, I turned around to see where the colored strobes in/on the buildings were placed. Big mistake. I turned around in time for about twenty people behind me to take their flash photographs of the globe and water fountains going off. By the time my eyes readjusted to the lower light levels, most of the show was over. :mad:

You know, you can go online and get great pictures of all those things these people are trying (and I use the term loosely) to capture. Why not do it that way, and just say, "See, here's what we saw." Not that they're ever going to look at those pictures again...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:32 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Last night, I took some friends to see Illuminations. One of the things I like to do is watch the things that everyone might not see... like when the flashes were going off during the globe video, I turned around to see where the colored strobes in/on the buildings were placed. Big mistake. I turned around in time for about twenty people behind me to take their flash photographs of the globe and water fountains going off. By the time my eyes readjusted to the lower light levels, most of the show was over. :mad:
That's when I'd put on the speed light, turn the flash around 180 degrees toward the SG's, switch the shooting mode to full auto and fire off in 3-4 bursts (need to keep the speedlight from over heating). It's the digital age, so no need to worry about ruining shots just because you're playing around :twisted:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:46 am

ktulu wrote:That's when I'd put on the speed light, turn the flash around 180 degrees toward the SG's, switch the shooting mode to full auto and fire off in 3-4 bursts (need to keep the speedlight from over heating). It's the digital age, so no need to worry about ruining shots just because you're playing around :twisted:
Had I had my camera... I would have used both flashes...

Actually, that's a good idea... I can set it up so that my flash responds to their flash, and I'll have it accidentally pointed at them. Thanks, my friend! This will teach them a lesson! At least, when they are standing behind me...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:46 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Had I had my camera... I would have used both flashes...

Actually, that's a good idea... I can set it up so that my flash responds to their flash, and I'll have it accidentally pointed at them. Thanks, my friend! This will teach them a lesson! At least, when they are standing behind me...
No I'm having all sorts of evil thoughts about getting the next flash up from my current one, setting the current one to be a slave to the other one, that way the SG gets it twice, now if I can have one fire after the first... :twisted:

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:11 am

ktulu wrote:No I'm having all sorts of evil thoughts about getting the next flash up from my current one, setting the current one to be a slave to the other one, that way the SG gets it twice, now if I can have one fire after the first... :twisted:
How about mounting a mirror on the back of your hat. That way anyone behind you using a flash (in an attraction or show) the light will reflect right back into the camera and blank all photos. And if they are using a non SLR they will get the flash right in the eye.

I've often thought about carrying a mirror in the car for the guy who tailgates with his brights on. I've had a few of them who are bright enough to actually feel a sunburn beginning on the back of my neck. So I figure the same thing would work for flash shots behind you. Even if the light is at enough of an angle that it hits their neighbor instead of them, the neighbor may be more likley to smack them (leaving you oh-so innocent). :D:

Randy

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:05 am

Randy B wrote:I've often thought about carrying a mirror in the car for the guy who tailgates with his brights on. I've had a few of them who are bright enough to actually feel a sunburn beginning on the back of my neck. So I figure the same thing would work for flash shots behind you. Even if the light is at enough of an angle that it hits their neighbor instead of them, the neighbor may be more likley to smack them (leaving you oh-so innocent). :D:

Randy
I always carried a package of BB's in my glove box. when I get a tail gate'er or bright lighter I grab a hand full and toss them out the sun roof. They back off real fast.

As for the flash on attractions. I do not stop a damn to say something to people. Now grated I took flash pics on Mansion a few years back, but the ride was dead (no pun intended) we had NO WAIT walked right on and three was NO ONE in any buggies around us. Had there been others I would have not done so.

I have turned to people and told them "Thanks for ruining the show/ride for me with your annoying flash." Even had one guy follow me out of IASW and try to put the flash right in my face and flash it. I threw my hand up and his flash went flying and smashed on the ground. He wanted to start some sh!t but a CM had seen it all and told the man he needed to leave.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:26 am

Back when I drove a school bus, I took a bag of paintballs with me for the stop sign runners, letting a dispatcher friend know what I was doing. So, when people called in that a crazy school bus driver had thrown paintballs at their shiny car, they took the person's info and had an officer send a ticket their way.