PAC, over stuffing queues & parking

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: PAC, over stuffing queues & parking

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Zazu wrote:But I can't think why paving a bit of the already flat ground behind AK would be that big a stretch. They might could pay for it with fewer miles driven by the trams out to the far reaches!
And save CMs like me gas and miles on our personal cars. I come in via Western Way so I have to drive nearly three-quarters of the way around the park just to get to the cast lot. That, and it is annoying having to fight the crowds of guests in and out of the park everyday.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Zazu wrote:Interesting. I'll bow to your superior access to the numbers, but I'll stand by my opinion that the crowds are both thicker and less polite.
I agree, the parks feel way thicker. Another aspect is average wait times have decreased a bit with the DOCC initiative and similar. Maybe less people are sitting in the queues than used to?

Kurt

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 am

Zazu wrote:Interesting. I'll bow to your superior access to the numbers, but I'll stand by my opinion that the crowds are both thicker and less polite.
Well, they say Americans are getting larger, so the same number of people may be taking up more space. :p:

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 am

On the PAC thing, sometimes you need someone to play traffic cop,although twenty might be overkill.

I've been on Ice Cream window, and the walkway gets jammed at the corner. Heaven forbid if you have strollers or ECVs come from different directions. Standing in the middle and keeping people to their right and to stop traffic to let a stroller/ECV make the turn really helped keep people flowing.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm

hobie16 wrote:
TdcOgre wrote:
Zazu wrote: Interesting. I'll bow to your superior access to the numbers, but I'll stand by my opinion that the crowds are both thicker and less polite.
Which definition of thicker do you mean?

close-packed with units or individuals <the air was thick with snow>

or

obtuse, stupid <too thick to understand>
My guess? Yes.
:thumbsup:

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Zazu wrote: :thumbsup:
Easy answer. ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by seeing_eye_child » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Is the Fantasyland Expansion really supposed to help the crowds all that much? As far as I can tell, it's essentially only a net gain of 1 attraction - 2, if you count the doubled Dumbo as 2 attractions. While both the new attractions are going to be more popular and higher capacity than Snow White's Scary Adventures. Although Fantasyland might be doubling in size, Toontown got sacrificed. Sooooo.....other than shorter Dumbo waits and more girls in princess dresses from the further saturation of princess culture....what, numbers-wise, is really changing?

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 am

Honestly? Not really in my opinion, it will just re-direction crowds in the park into Fantasyland as "The newest thing" which always happens anytime something new opens up.

I believe someone has already pointed it out here but the Fantasyland expansion is really just bringing the ride numbers of the land back to equilibrium after the rash of "Let's close ALL THE THINGS" in the mid-90's. I see an additional dumbo as nothing more then addressing an aging ride and bad flow placement to appease bitchy parents tired of standing in the sun for over an hour to spin around. When you consider the removal of the Skyride and 20k Leagues it's really just bringing things back into a balance, which will once again be out then fixed with the subtraction of Snow White and the open of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

So really, it's just fixing something they messed up to being with.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:48 pm

It looks like the expansion will be a lot more open which will ease a lot of it, since right now Fantasyland is so crowded because you have no where to go. Especially now with the wall pushed past Dumbo. I doubt the rides will do much, but the open space will do a lot. Of course that just means more guests they can shove in.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Zazu wrote:Hope you didn't think I was jumping your butt. I've found that those points are missed or misunderstood by a lot of people, CMs included. I also hope your next visit is better.
No, it's ok, and yeah, the next time was better. My friends wanted to go to the park, so I reluctantly said ok. Now I did see one thing that PAC was doing that had no use whatsoever, and that was standing in the middle of the crowd, right in front of Crystal Palace after Wishes. There were at least 10 of them, just standing in the middle of the crowd trying to move, clumped together. It could have been a mistake, but whatever it was, it wasn't helping anything.

Oh well, after the crowds left, it was a good night.