Today's Story

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Today's Story

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Splash Mtn.: you get in a line about an hour long passing signs that say "You may get Wet",
when they should read "Your about to get soaked". You get in a log ride seeing animation
from a film that hasn't been sold by it's own creator in 20 years and go down a large hill where
you get your picture taken with at least one dork making a hand gesture that ruins it.
You have wet clothes the rest of the day and then you realize the phone you had in your
front pocket no longer works because it also got soaking wet.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:American Idol Experience - Watch other guests sing for a chance to sing again for a chance to audition for a real tv show (that has had its heyday, all the main judges are gone and it really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery* but the attraction still tries to make it seem like the real tv show that really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery, before it needed to be taken out back and put out of its misery). Then, watch a video of Jordan Sparks running around the park singing a song with six words while the people working there try to get you to sing along so they can project you singing onto the video screen. Then see who won the chance to sing again for a chance to audition for a real tv show (that has had its heyday, all the main judges are gone and it really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery* but the attraction still tries to make it seem like the real tv show that really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery, before it needed to be taken out back and put out of its misery).

*I am referring to the TV show, not necessarily the attraction... though I do have to say, the day I was there for a final show and three of the finalists were siblings....
I am sensing some disillusionment with the current version of American Idol.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:23 pm

The Tea Cup attraction: you sit in a saucer, spin the wheel in your cup, spin it faster, the more dizzy you get, after the ride is over, you get up, exit and deposit a protein shake in the bushes. :D: :cool:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:25 am

Soarin': You sit on a bench with your feet dangling and watch a movie about California. :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:34 am

MouseKiss wrote:I am sensing some disillusionment with the current version of American Idol.
What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I just have to say, when the original creator of the show gets sick of it... I believe the idea of sharks and jumping comes to mind.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 am

Just remember, the jumping was done on water skis.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 pm

DisneyMom wrote:My Feeling is that if you can survive the Freeway, you can survive anything at Disneyland :cool:
However,in our lawsuit-happy world,disclaimers will help prevent a successful lawsuit if say, you suffer a stroke while riding Tower of Terror. :eek:
Disclaimer: I am a nurse, not your Doctor, you should ask him/her for medical advice. Patients always wait 'til the doctor leaves the room to ask questions! ;)
Good thing I have an appointment tomorrow at the research center. See if they have anymore studies for me, that sort of thing. I think people who forget are so wrapped up in the white coat syndrome they actually do forget. But I'll try to remember.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 pm

There's a valid reason why a nurse is in the room during procedures and it's not just to hand the doc stuff.

Years ago a friend of my dad went in for a procedure that was to slide a device into a major vein so they could look at his heart from the inside. DM will have the proper name I'm sure. All the docs were concentration on the video screen and not paying any attention to him. All of a sudden he felt something but by the time he knew he was in trouble he couldn't talk. The lone nurse was monitoring his vitals, saw something wrong, and woke up the docs.

He lived to talk about it but swore he never let them do it again.

Oh yeah, this was at Stanford Med.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Cardiac catheterization?

8^)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Cardiac catheterization?

8^)
I believe you're right.

--- Matt King