Today's Story

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Today's Story

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:31 pm

felinefan wrote:Can I ask a question regarding ride requirements? I have high blood pressure but it's well controlled by medication. If a miracle were to happen and I was able to go to DLR, could I still ride on attractions that list HBP as a no-no?
My Feeling is that if you can survive the Freeway, you can survive anything at Disneyland :cool:
However,in our lawsuit-happy world,disclaimers will help prevent a successful lawsuit if say, you suffer a stroke while riding Tower of Terror. :eek:
Disclaimer: I am a nurse, not your Doctor, you should ask him/her for medical advice. Patients always wait 'til the doctor leaves the room to ask questions! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:15 pm

felinefan wrote:Can I ask a question regarding ride requirements? I have high blood pressure but it's well controlled by medication. If a miracle were to happen and I was able to go to DLR, could I still ride on attractions that list HBP as a no-no?
I have had controlled, by medicine, high blood pressure for 20 years. This is what I assume...If it is controlled and normal, then at that particular moment, for all intents and purposes, I do not have active high blood pressure. It is controlled as if my body were doing it on it's own.

Now if the pressure is still on the high side even with medication, then that is when I would concern myself about it. I ride them all, and have never even given it a second thought.

When I was first diagnosed it was 200/100. They wouldn't even let me get up off the table. If you were to go on a BP concerned ride with it like that, then you could very easily blow out a major artery. My last reading was 122/78 so I see no reason for concern at this point.

:goofy: :goofy:

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm

HBP - Check with your doctor. If you don't like his advice and decide to ride the rides then just tell your family to not sue Disney because you made the decision to go ahead and exercised your personal choice.

Test Track: ride in a car like the one that you came in over the same crappy roads.

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Dinosaur: a dark bumpy ride where things you can't see scream at you.

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:27 pm

One more courtesy of SWMBO, also her favorite ride.

Toy Story Midway Mania: a long walk followed by a short ride where you simulate masturbating while spinning around watching videos. :eek:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:13 am

MouseKiss wrote:Dinosaur: a dark bumpy ride where things you can't see scream at you.
Indiana Jones Adventure: Your drive a jeep and Harrison Ford gets mad at you. Oh, and watch out for rocks and snakes. :p:
(Since they're sister rides and all...)

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:20 am

Capt. Eo: You sit in a dark theater with Michael Jackson dancing
around the Borg Queen on her trapeeze. He does pelvic thrusts until
she falls off and then she looks better.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:18 am

MouseKiss wrote:Toy Story Midway Mania: a long walk followed by a short ride where you simulate masturbating while spinning around watching videos. :eek:
Holy crap, it's true! :o I can never go on that ride again!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:18 am

American Idol Experience - Watch other guests sing for a chance to sing again for a chance to audition for a real tv show (that has had its heyday, all the main judges are gone and it really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery* but the attraction still tries to make it seem like the real tv show that really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery, before it needed to be taken out back and put out of its misery). Then, watch a video of Jordan Sparks running around the park singing a song with six words while the people working there try to get you to sing along so they can project you singing onto the video screen. Then see who won the chance to sing again for a chance to audition for a real tv show (that has had its heyday, all the main judges are gone and it really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery* but the attraction still tries to make it seem like the real tv show that really needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery, before it needed to be taken out back and put out of its misery).

*I am referring to the TV show, not necessarily the attraction... though I do have to say, the day I was there for a final show and three of the finalists were siblings....

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:47 am

Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous. Wear headphones in a pitch dark room and imagine what is happening based on the sounds you hear. That is if your headphones are not broken and the people behind you remain silent. ;)