Stupid office tricks

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid office tricks

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 pm

DisneyMom wrote:You are so nice,MS
Ha! Not even! Tryin to shed nice image....yet, it does come in handy when a favor is needed. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Ha! Not even! Tryin to shed nice image....yet, it does come in handy when a favor is needed. ;)
Oh come on,none of us would ask a favor. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:10 pm

ktulu wrote:I want the bacon!
so, go to one of your Yelp places. :D: Bacon is beyond fattening & you realize this. If I had bacon my size 6 would be a 16. :eek:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Main Streeter wrote:so, go to one of your Yelp places. :D: Bacon is beyond fattening & you realize this. If I had bacon my size 6 would be a 16. :eek:
I eat turkey bacon. Unless it is at one of the places on Yelp, then they normally use the good stuff! Moderation is key to maintaining that size 6!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:44 am

Main Streeter wrote:so, go to one of your Yelp places. :D: Bacon is beyond fattening & you realize this. If I had bacon my size 6 would be a 16. :eek:
Exactly the sizes between which Little Wallaby has traveled, from larger to smaller.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:I've been making Xtranormal Videos about the Stupid Office Tricks at my previous place of employment.
Watched the one on sick days too, and I'm sure glad to know you're not working there anymore. :eek:
andfar wrote:Get this. I made them a cookie cake on Monday shaped like a heart. I put it on the table in the lunch room for all to eat. At the end of the day, no one had touched it!

I give up.
Studies on office theft indicate it would have disappeared if you'd cut it and maybe taken the first piece. Goofy's not far off with "too purty to eat." ;)

andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by andfar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:45 pm

[quote="shilohmm"]Studies on office theft indicate it would have disappeared if you'd cut it and maybe taken the first piece. Goofy's not far off with "too purty to eat." ]

Eat the first piece so they know it doesn't have ex-lax in it? :twisted:

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:21 am

Mayonnaise wrote:The inspiration for Don (the boss) in the above videos took any food that wasn't labeled, even if he knew who's it was, which he did, because there were about 10 employees.

I caught him eating my desert one day, and he just grinned this smug grin and replied "I don't see your name on it..."

His "reasoning" was that he was merely providing the natural consequence for people forgetting to label their food... and he was the boss so I just had to learn to label everything super-prominently.

And that's not even getting into the time they took the break room fridge hostage due to a dispute regarding the coffee machine... or the time they tried to penalize me for bringing my own hot chocolate mix instead of buying it from their machine.

I gotta make more videos yet.

8^)

Did this person's office have their name on the door? If not, you should've moved yourself in, started working and said "Well I didn't see your name on it".

-Rob

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:55 am

I sympathize.....I just got out Stupid Office Tricks hell. Ahhh....to finally have control again is a good thing. All I can say is ditch the butter and just keep an eye out for the person taking your things. When I worked at my firm, we were so small and all such good friends that we shared everything, but I can imagine how pissed I'd be if I brought in butter and someone nicked it without asking me first. Just breath deep and try to get past it.

Oh...and please send me some of that cookie.....I like people who bring in food for the office! :)

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Rob562 wrote:Did this person's office have their name on the door? If not, you should've moved yourself in, started working and said "Well I didn't see your name on it".

-Rob
What office? I was elbow to elbow with him. At the time our Dev Room doubled as the breakroom, not that anyone took breaks, but it was where they kept the minifridge and microwave. I couldn't back up from my desk if he was backed up from his, or if one of the aformentioned appliances was open behind me.

When we moved locations we got a separate breakroom but it had no fridge because they gave the cube to my boss as his personal fridge, so he could hold our lunches hostage by being on the phone and locking his office door. *Mutters.*

When we finally GOT a full sized in teh break-room (which was then doubling as a server room... such a bad combo,) is when the coffee machine dispute occurred.

8^S