Stupid office tricks

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Stupid office tricks

Post by andfar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 am

I didn't see any other title like this, if there is one, feel free to merge me.

I work at an insurance company. In November our admin assistant left. I don't blame her. Since her departure, I have been filling in for her and still doing my normal job. TWICE I have had to 'fix' the printer. The first time the cartridge didn't fit. I put it in the printer and it worked, so I don't know what the problem was with that one. The second time was the manager who couldn't figure out why the color printer wasn't working right. I checked it out and looked at the page he was trying to print. His green was printing blue. I told him there must be a problem with the yellow. I asked if he changed that cartridge recently. He said it was brand new, and there was nothing wrong with the yellow, it was the GREEN that had a problem. I took the yellow out and he threw a hissy fit and walked away. I asked him to come back and showed him the yellow cartridge. He started yelling at me that the yellow was fine. THEN I showed him the piece of plastic that you have to take off before you install the cartridge. He tells me, "Oh yeah! Yellow and blue make green!"

*sigh* Good for you, boss man. You know your color wheel.

Today, I come into work and get my butter out of the fridge for my bagel. I keep all my stuff in one area so they know it is mine. This is an office of 7, and only 4 of us are here at one time. This should never happen in such a small office. Someone had taken a big scoop out of my butter. I was also missing my yogurt.

What the heck is that? Maybe I should put a note on my butter saying that I spit in it?

Open for suggestions.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid office tricks

Post by darph nader » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am

Leave a note on your food that reads,"Until I get the test results back,please don't touch my lunches". :twisted:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 pm

andfar wrote:Maybe I should put a note on my butter saying that I spit in it?
Don't do that. You'll come back and find a note that says, "So did I."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by andfar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:53 pm

hobie16 wrote:Don't do that. You'll come back and find a note that says, "So did I."
I think I'll toss my butter now. :)

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:Don't do that. You'll come back and find a note that says, "So did I."
:thumbsup:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:59 pm

At my place, we use day of the week stickers; one person uses Sunday for their stuff, another uses Monday for theirs, I'm Tuesday, etc.. The day of week we put on our stuff is the same day we do our laundry and our share of housework. I was wondering, since you have 7 employees, if that would work for you. Also, we don't put a sticker on stuff that's for everyone to share.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:30 am

Sadly, your food woes sound just like what happens in a Disney break room. One morning, I finished working to find that someone had taken my lunch bag out of my backpack. They had also taken a *very* expensive, imported book on hypnosis.

Needless to say, I was pissed. For days, when I was on break I spent my time watching for my bag (which was unique). :mad:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 pm

I solved the shared fridge problem by taking a dorm fridge to work and sticking it under my desk in my office. I let my team use it if they want, and that is usually just one guy.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:11 am

ktulu wrote:I solved the shared fridge problem by taking a dorm fridge to work and sticking it under my desk in my office. I let my team use it if they want, and that is usually just one guy.
I did the same, I got one of those silver colored ones and made some magnatic stick ons from old computer parts. made it look like it had several bay drive doors, a floppy, and zip drive, and of course a usb and firewire front panel plug in (complete with cords)

since its location under the work station was next to several of the UPS units, no one gave it a second look. :D:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 am

How did you camouflage the beer tap?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.