Whoopi's comments on the view

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Whoopi's comments on the view

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:23 pm

5th Dimension wrote:How did the "scooter people" back in the day get around with out a scooter? :p:
Ever hear of a wheelchair???????????

How did people try skip the line back before scooters were invented?
Sorry, We usually wait longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people now a days think having a scooter will automatically let you skip the line?
They don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three questions we (and when I say we, I mean myself) are curious to know about.
How ignorant are you?

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Eeyore Tattoo wrote:I don't appreciate some of the rude comments. We ECV users are not all faking to get special treatment. I will give anyone my illness & pain along with my ECV or wheelchair.

I am disappointed that people find disability funny. I don't find a whole lot of humor in it.I have never ran anyone down, though I would have liked to because they find fun in running in front of me or stopping in front of me.
Believe me, I don't find disabilities funny. I am so grateful that I am able to walk, and don't need to use a wheelchair or ECV. I know that it's not possible to tell who needs one (and why), so I will never judge people (yes, I know there are fakers. But I feel that karma will get those people).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Eeyore Tattoo wrote:OUCH People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am disabled,I use a ECV, I do not got to the front of lines, I actually have waited longer that others.
I have not gotten on buses because they were full & waited as bus after bus left me sitting.
I don't appreciate some of the rude comments. We ECV users are not all faking to get special treatment. I will give anyone my illness & pain along with my ECV or wheelchair.
I am sure that f-ing bitch Whoopi had a guide that took her fat butt to the front of every line & she never had interaction with real people.

I am disappointed that people find disability funny. I don't find a whole lot of humor in it.I have never ran anyone down, though I would have liked to because they find fun in running in front of me or stopping in front of me.
BTW, Before I got sick I had my toe broken by a ECV driver racing in the dark during Wishes to get through the crown first so I get it! But don't lump all ECV users together please..

I wonder how long my post will last...
It'll stay; I'll see to it.

And please note that most of those here bitching about ECV abuse are bitching about the able who don't actually *need* them. Yes, there are also a few who both need them and can't drive. Those folks should also clue up.

But I don't think anyone here wants to deny the use of an ECV to anyone who needs one and drives with normal courtesy. And only the clueless think that scooters get front-of-the-line service (except where that's the only way to make an attraction or transportation work).

I only spent three months on wheels, and while it was a great learning experience, I was very glad when it was over and I could walk again. Never before or since have I had so many butts shoved in my face, and not one of them was cute enough to be worth it!

Moderator remark: Please remember the SGT ban on bashing groups -- people in scooters is one of the groups we're talking about -- bad drivers and those who don't need them are not.

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Well said.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:10 am

Zazu wrote:It'll stay; I'll see to it.

And please note that most of those here bitching about ECV abuse are bitching about the able who don't actually *need* them. Yes, there are also a few who both need them and can't drive. Those folks should also clue up.

But I don't think anyone here wants to deny the use of an ECV to anyone who needs one and drives with normal courtesy. And only the clueless think that scooters get front-of-the-line service (except where that's the only way to make an attraction or transportation work).

I only spent three months on wheels, and while it was a great learning experience, I was very glad when it was over and I could walk again. Never before or since have I had so many butts shoved in my face, and not one of them was cute enough to be worth it!

Moderator remark: Please remember the SGT ban on bashing groups -- people in scooters is one of the groups we're talking about -- bad drivers and those who don't need them are not.
Thank you for expressing what we all have wanted to say... we just haven't been able to word it as nicely as you.

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Post by albino_pygmy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:57 am

Pygmy adds his two cents. Reader discretion advised.

http://albinopygmy.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... eople.html

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Teresa Kay
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Teresa Kay » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Zazu wrote:And please note that most of those here bitching about ECV abuse are bitching about the able who don't actually *need* them. Yes, there are also a few who both need them and can't drive. Those folks should also clue up.

Thank you for clarifying that! My daughter was injured at age 6, and has been in an electric wheelchair since. It's been 20 years, and many, many trips to Disney World, Disney Land, and one trip to Disney Land Paris since. Let me tell you, those people who take advantage of the ability to get a GAC or a scooter, or both have ticked me off since our first Disney trip!
Back ages ago, those in wheelchairs usually did get front of the line access. Of course, that was because there was no DHS, no AK, and EPCOT was just the showcase and Innoventions. The queues were old and unable to handle wheelchairs, so they had us enter through the exit and get on. WE hated it! Now, Disney are (mostly) made to accommodate wheelchairs and ECVs. We like this better, since we actually get the "real experience".

A couple of things though, for those of you aggravated by the "privileges" the handicapped get: 1) we took a trip a year when my daughter was younger - it was the 5 to 7 days a year she got to be special. The rest of the time was spent in hospitals, therapy appointments, and being left on the sidelines at recess and every other activity her classmates participated in. Try being excluded from everything and then tell me you shouldn't get to be a little more special for a few days a year. 2) Don't forget - not all handicaps are noticeable. My father is severely disabled, but when he was younger, you couldn't tell. However, his lungs were/are shot from exposure to Agent Orange, and his knee was mangled and then replaced because of a sniper's bullet. Some of those people you think have nothing wrong with them are probably more disabled than the person with the obvious limp!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Teresa Kay wrote:The rest of the time was spent in hospitals, therapy appointments, and being left on the sidelines at recess and every other activity her classmates participated in. Try being excluded from everything and then tell me you shouldn't get to be a little more special for a few days a year. 2) Don't forget - not all handicaps are noticeable. My father is severely disabled, but when he was younger, you couldn't tell. However, his lungs were/are shot from exposure to Agent Orange, and his knee was mangled and then replaced because of a sniper's bullet. Some of those people you think have nothing wrong with them are probably more disabled than the person with the obvious limp!
Word. My step-son was born with a laundry list of problems. Getting some special treatment once in a while goes a long way.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Zazu wrote:It'll stay; I'll see to it.

Thank You :eeyore:

crawfish
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by crawfish » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Eeyore Tattoo wrote:OUCH People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am disabled,I use a ECV, I do not got to the front of lines, I actually have waited longer that others.
I have not gotten on buses because they were full & waited as bus after bus left me sitting.
I don't appreciate some of the rude comments. We ECV users are not all faking to get special treatment. I will give anyone my illness & pain along with my ECV or wheelchair.
I am sure that f-ing bitch Whoopi had a guide that took her fat butt to the front of every line & she never had interaction with real people.

BTW, Before I got sick I had my toe broken by a ECV driver racing in the dark during Wishes to get through the crown first so I get it! But don't lump all ECV users together please..

I wonder how long my post will last...
This is what always happens in threads regarding ECV's. Regardless that folks have a legitimate complaint about the overwhelming number of ECV's in the parks, the few folks who have a legitimate need for the ECV will inevitably start accusing that people have no compassion for disabled people, *they* have an actual disability, etc. Please. It's obvious we're not talking about people with legitimate disabilities here. The problem is that everyone and their brother gets an ECV because they're 100+ pounds overweight and folks are sick and tired of it.

I personally believe ECV's should be banned from the parks. If you have a disability, use a wheelchair. I'm sure that if Aunt Ethyl was having to push obese Uncle Cleetus around in a wheelchair she'd get tired of it pretty quickly and make him walk like everyone else. He clearly could use some cardiovascular activity.