Whoopi's comments on the view

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Whoopi's comments on the view

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 am

5th Dimension wrote:How did the "scooter people" back in the day get around with out a scooter? :p:

How did people try skip the line back before scooters were invented?

Why do people now a days think having a scooter will automatically let you skip the line?

Three questions we (and when I say we, I mean myself) are curious to know about.
Answers:

1) They stayed home.

2) They walked through, pushing people aside and mumbling something about having to catch up with their family.

3) Because it identifies them as someone with "special needs" and therefore the world must fall over and accommodate them. "What's wrong with you, I have a scooter therefore you must let me through".

Rumors have forced this issue. Think about how many times a post starts out with, "My friend, brother, SIL, girlfriends-brothers-third cousins-nephew, said that if you have a scooter or a wheelchair you can go right to the front of the line. People hear it, believe it and then think that is all they have to do.

:goofy: :goofy:

luckylady
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by luckylady » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:45 am

Please don't think that all people who ride the scooters are like that. I know that you all see the worst of people,but there are a lot of us out there who are nice and polite when on one. On the other side of that everytime we have been to Disney in the last few years I have had no choice but to get one due to arthritis in the spine and knees. If I could I would love to walk Disney again as would a lot of others on scooters. I have experienced the other end of this with peple walking. It's like they think we can stop on a dime when people cut in front of us. I try my best to but towards the end of the night after having to jerk to a stop and killing my back a few ankels get hit. When they look at me and start to say something I say a nice as I can you shouldn't have cut in front of me when there wasn't time for you to do it safely. If I can wait in line I will, but if it's to long or in Splash Mt with all those steps my legs and feet go numb and lots of pain so only then will I go another entrence. I love lines it's a great time to meet and talk to people from all over the states and world..I do have to agree with stroller parents tho. Some of the worst. Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for letting me tell the other side.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

luckylady wrote:Please don't think that all people who ride the scooters are like that. I know that you all see the worst of people,but there are a lot of us out there who are nice and polite when on one. On the other side of that everytime we have been to Disney in the last few years I have had no choice but to get one due to arthritis in the spine and knees. If I could I would love to walk Disney again as would a lot of others on scooters. I have experienced the other end of this with peple walking. It's like they think we can stop on a dime when people cut in front of us. I try my best to but towards the end of the night after having to jerk to a stop and killing my back a few ankels get hit. When they look at me and start to say something I say a nice as I can you shouldn't have cut in front of me when there wasn't time for you to do it safely. If I can wait in line I will, but if it's to long or in Splash Mt with all those steps my legs and feet go numb and lots of pain so only then will I go another entrence. I love lines it's a great time to meet and talk to people from all over the states and world..I do have to agree with stroller parents tho. Some of the worst. Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for letting me tell the other side.
I don't know if that was directed at me or not, but if it was, I guess that is my fault. I didn't mean to imply that all scooter users are entitled or rude. I was commenting on the ones that are and may be using those devises to get "extras".

I hurt my leg about a year ago and it is tempting to get one. I probably could traverse the area with a great deal more comfort, but, since I am also a tad on the overweight side, I know that I would be looked at like I was just a lazy slob, to fat to walk. So I keep walking. By the end of the day my leg hurts like hell, but I can still hold myself up and keep on trucking. I hope that I never have to use one, but if I do, I don't think I would be as awful as some of those people are. When I see the video of the lady continuously laying on the horn, as if the whole crowd should just part like the red sea and let her through...I actually, for a second, want to do her bodily harm. The very least I want to do is rip the horn off the scooter and stomp on it.

The lengths that people will go through to save a minuscule amount of time, the tricks that they try to pull, either by trying for sympathy, or whatever they do is pathetic.

If anyone from the ADA office is reading this...this is what came from the don't ask...don't tell provision in the law. The vast majority of people with handicaps are easily recognizable and the rest could alleviate outsider suspicion by a simple certificate showing their need. It is far less "humiliating" to do a one time private proof session than to be constantly looked at like a person that is just lazy and without morals. Think about that when you are setting your...all is equal...regulations.

:goofy: :goofy:

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Reading through all this, I really think it comes down to people being rude, inconsiderate, having an entitlement attitude, or feeling chronically oppressed and it's all someone elses fault.

Other than being an idiot, most of the above IS what makes a SG.

There are rude, entitled asses in scooters. There are just as many that block the way or jump infront of scooters. Makes for great SGT stories though.

luckylady
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by luckylady » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 am

Goofyernmost wrote:I don't know if that was directed at me or not, but if it was, I guess that is my fault. I didn't mean to imply that all scooter users are entitled or rude. I was commenting on the ones that are and may be using those devises to get "extras".

I hurt my leg about a year ago and it is tempting to get one. I probably could traverse the area with a great deal more comfort, but, since I am also a tad on the overweight side, I know that I would be looked at like I was just a lazy slob, to fat to walk. So I keep walking. By the end of the day my leg hurts like hell, but I can still hold myself up and keep on trucking. I hope that I never have to use one, but if I do, I don't think I would be as awful as some of those people are. When I see the video of the lady continuously laying on the horn, as if the whole crowd should just part like the red sea and let her through...I actually, for a second, want to do her bodily harm. The very least I want to do is rip the horn off the scooter and stomp on it.

The lengths that people will go through to save a minuscule amount of time, the tricks that they try to pull, either by trying for sympathy, or whatever they do is pathetic.

If anyone from the ADA office is reading this...this is what came from the don't ask...don't tell provision in the law. The vast majority of people with handicaps are easily recognizable and the rest could alleviate outsider suspicion by a simple certificate showing their need. It is far less "humiliating" to do a one time private proof session than to be constantly looked at like a person that is just lazy and without morals. Think about that when you are setting your...all is equal...regulations.
Don't worry it wasn't. I have also run into those rude scooter people who will blow their horn at another scooter ridder. Geeze life goes by to fast as it is slow down and smell the roses or at least shake mickey's hand.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

luckylady wrote: or at least shake mickey's hand.
I rented an ECV, can I skip the line and meet Mickey right now?

luckylady
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by luckylady » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:58 am

5th Dimension wrote:I rented an ECV, can I skip the line and meet Mickey right now?
Hmmm I think they should have a special meet and greet just for scooter people. :twisted: :D: :D:

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:39 am

That's not to mention when grandad's had his driver's license revoked because he can't see more than 10 feet in front of him, or he's gone completely senile... he probably shouldn't be behind the "wheel" of an ECV.

I mention that because the ECV that ran me down and hobbled my Achilles tendon the first day of my last WDW trip, in a relatively open stretch the world showcase, was driven by a scrawny little old man, who then behaved as if I was a trouble making scamp on his lawn.

And I literally WAS the girl crying on the side of the path after that. Jerk drove off and left me there in serious effing pain. Thanks to the random passers by who took me for a lost injured child and called a CM to bring ice and ask me where my parents were.... even if the child part was a bit insulting. I didn't much care at the moment. The man had ice.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I was still having trouble with the action of going "downhill" or "downstairs" when I took my tour with Zazu later that week. (Up and level surfaces were fine by then, thank goodness.) *Mutters something about ECVS and wanders off.*

8^S

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:08 pm

I loved Whoopi's comments! She had the nerve to say what every single CM has wanted to say for ages...

Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:20 pm

OUCH People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am disabled,I use a ECV, I do not got to the front of lines, I actually have waited longer that others.
I have not gotten on buses because they were full & waited as bus after bus left me sitting.
I don't appreciate some of the rude comments. We ECV users are not all faking to get special treatment. I will give anyone my illness & pain along with my ECV or wheelchair.
I am sure that f-ing bitch Whoopi had a guide that took her fat butt to the front of every line & she never had interaction with real people.

I am disappointed that people find disability funny. I don't find a whole lot of humor in it.I have never ran anyone down, though I would have liked to because they find fun in running in front of me or stopping in front of me.
BTW, Before I got sick I had my toe broken by a ECV driver racing in the dark during Wishes to get through the crown first so I get it! But don't lump all ECV users together please..

I wonder how long my post will last...