Argentinians in Princess costumes at MK?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Argentinians in Princess costumes at MK?

Post by turkeyham » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:21 pm

I have seen the adult size costomes on sale at Disney Direct.com.

These clothes are expensive. If you are not allow to wear them into the park, why try?

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 pm

j_dp456 wrote:No, a place like that can't sell "sexy" Disney costumes. Maybe a knockoff. I just don't see a big deal with the costumes. I think the rule is you can't wear costumes that make you look exactly like a real character or be "in character".
Actually, unless it's a Halloween party, the rule is an age limit (ten, I think?) that you're allowed to wear any costume at all. Of course, that rule is stretched sometimes, especially on Bat's Day since many people would consider many of the outfits to be costumes, but the wearer doesn't intend them to be costumes so they let it slide. I've also seen older girls who have a disability wearing them. I'm pretty sure they let them slide cause they aren't likely to even think about trying to pass themselves off as the character and because they probably are much more like a child 10 or under than whatever their chronological age is.

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MyLittleAngels » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:50 am

I saw a girl last night who was at least 16 wearing a Minnie costume. Of course, as excited as see was to see Minnie during MSEP, even I wouldn't have wanted to rain on her parade ... But I was surprised they let her walk around in that costume, at that age.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:06 pm

As I understand it, barring certain special events, the wearing of costumes by anyone over a certain age is banned, and even during special events they limit the "Disney-inspired" costumes based on the rule-of-thumb as to whether one would be mistaken for an official Disney cast member.

That being said, I could see perhaps the rule being "bent" on occasion. While I would not hold it against Disney is they had asked this group to change out of the costumes, the costumes seem to be "cute" rather than, shall we say, "provocative", and may be "off-model" enough to not raise fears of having guests confuse them with "the real thing". Hopefully, this did not cause anyone any trouble.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Zazu wrote:I rather suspect the were costumes like those sold here.
Helloooooooo Nurse!

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Cranbiz wrote:Helloooooooo Nurse!
Which one?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Does DisneyMom wear one of these?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 pm

#4 from the left. :drool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:30 pm

darph nader wrote:#4 from the left. :drool:
:hysteria: That icon!!! As for the costumes... lately the guest choice of clothing, or lack of it, has left me considering that I may have been born in the wrong century... The only objection I have to those dresses is that gives ideas to the guest and then they go badger the poor merchandising CM asking them for bigger sizes. I hate to think the temper tantrums when they can't find it.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Good gravy on a biscuit, Hobie, give a fellow a little warning before unleashing that sort of excitement! Then again, if I can get one of those nurses, I might now mind a little extra stress to the ol' body.... :cat2:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Yeah, you'll get that nurse when you get sick :rolleyes:

(seems to me they could put you in the ICU prematurely ;) )

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: