Argentinians in Princess costumes at MK?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Argentinians in Princess costumes at MK?

Post by delsdad » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Its kind of disturbing that Disney posted this blog entry on the official site. Granted its a great photo. But teenagers in princess costumes in the MK ? These girls are from Argentina - Just wait till the Brazilian girls try to out do them !

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... argentina/

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Argentinians in Princess costumes at MK?

Post by February » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 pm

I can't believe they put it up there either, and I hate to tell you this but these girls look like absolute angels compared to the hoard that was dressed up in 'princess' dresses at the resort the night that a pack of them started beating on my door and scared me out of my wits (precipitating that 4am move to AKL I posted about earlier). Though it was the boys that scared me more that night and they were certainly not in costumes of any kind.

They had had a 'private party', I was told, so I don't know if they were allowed to wear the 'dresses' I saw to the parks but they looked more like skimpy halloween costumes and it was not at all something I would allow my own daughter to wear.

They were laying on the ground, at one point, a bunch of them, right outside my door.

I believe they may have been drinking something more than orange juice that night.

bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:24 pm

February wrote:
I believe they may have been drinking something more than orange juice that night.

bru
I would put money on that ! Too bad the police cant make a massive bust on events like this. Underage drinking should be good for a night in the local Beagle Boys themed value resort ! It might even get the tour operators banned ! (We could hope!)

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm

delsdad wrote:I would put money on that ! Too bad the police cant make a massive bust on events like this. Underage drinking should be good for a night in the local Beagle Boys themed value resort ! It might even get the tour operators banned ! (We could hope!)
Yes, when I mentioned this opinion at the front desk when I was asking to change resorts- I said "I am sorry but I know drunk teenager when I see it."

The response initially was a very defensive, "No one on Disney property would sell them alcohol!"

My reply, in a very low tone of voice as I leaned closer so only he could hear was "I didn't say anything about them getting it here I'm just saying that they got it somewhere!"

I would not have wanted to be working the desk in the morning- I cannot imagine how many families must have complained after I got out of there. I felt so bad for the cast.

From what my towncar driver told me the groups were all over at hotels off property too.

Just. Everywhere.

As I said most of the groups I encountered were just excited (as teens tend to be- I do have one after all I know excited teen too) and a little noisy but well behaved. Three or four of them...well, that's another story.

I do hope those group leaders have been shown the exit and bid not to darken Mickey's doorstep again.

bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

j_dp456
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by j_dp456 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 pm

[quote="delsdad"] But teenagers in princess costumes in the MK ?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... argentina/

:confused: I don't see the problem. They aren't dressed sexually at all. Those look like the costumes you can probably buy from Disney.

j_dp456
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by j_dp456 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:00 pm

delsdad wrote:Its kind of disturbing that Disney posted this blog entry on the official site. Granted its a great photo. But teenagers in princess costumes in the MK ?
:confused: I don't see the problem. They aren't dressed sexually at all. Those look like the costumes you can probably buy from Disney.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:11 pm

j_dp456 wrote: :confused: I don't see the problem. They aren't dressed sexually at all. Those look like the costumes you can probably buy from Disney.
I think the problem is that girls of that age are not generally allowed to dress up in the parks and this will encourage some of them to try and throw a fit when they're not allowed to enter the park in the dresses.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:17 pm

j_dp456 wrote: :confused: I don't see the problem. They aren't dressed sexually at all. Those look like the costumes you can probably buy from Disney.
I rather suspect the were costumes like those sold here.

Zazu

j_dp456
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by j_dp456 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Zazu wrote:I rather suspect the were costumes like those sold here.
No, a place like that can't sell "sexy" Disney costumes. Maybe a knockoff. I just don't see a big deal with the costumes. I think the rule is you can't wear costumes that make you look exactly like a real character or be "in character".

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Zazu wrote:I rather suspect the were costumes like those sold here.
I suspect so. do a search on that site for Cinderella, and the mix of kids costumes and Adult costumes has Alice, Snow White and tink on the first page alone ! Adult Cindy is on page 2. Ick !