How Old Are You?

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: How Old Are You?

Post by mapo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:10 am

DisneyMom wrote:yup, everyman's Fantasy....A Woman with Power Tools! :rolleyes:
....and a Beer :beer:
OK, have the tools....bought the beer...no sandwiches tho on DIY day..I order pizza.

MAPO

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:18 am

mapo wrote:no sandwiches tho on diy day..i order pizza.
Amen!!!!

8^)

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:56 am

darph nader wrote:Sorry bout that. I need another,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:
No problem, grab one from my cooler.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 am

mapo wrote:BTW, I discovered that one can go on line at lowes.com and order the stuff you need, pay for it and after one freshens up a bit..have it ready to cart away 30 minutes after the order. Yes, I have become a convert BIG TIME...
But that takes away from the tactile experience of picking up the tool to see how it fits into your hand and determining if it's some crappy knock off from China or real all American heavy metal (insert a Tim The Tool Man grunt here)!! Bosch and Makita get a pass.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:44 pm

mapo wrote:LOVE IT! Awesome stuff here. :shaka:

BTW, I discovered that one can go on line at lowes.com and order the stuff you need, pay for it and after one freshens up a bit..have it ready to cart away 30 minutes after the order. Yes, I have become a convert BIG TIME...oh it so helps to keep the impulse buying to NIL and stretch my dollar a lil bit further. :moneybag:

MAPO
But those impulse buys are the best part about going to a big box store !Thats how they sell those 150$ Dewalt am radios !

I do use that same service however at BestBuy. Order it online, then go pick it up a few hours later. I still browse the store, but it saves me from trying to figure out where they put the battery powered widget adapters.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:05 am

delsdad wrote:But those impulse buys are the best part about going to a big box store !Thats how they sell those 150$ Dewalt am radios !

I do use that same service however at BestBuy. Order it online, then go pick it up a few hours later. I still browse the store, but it saves me from trying to figure out where they put the battery powered widget adapters.
Yeah, that is another reason why I love that program. My local store is befuddled when I come in for my lil order of all kinds of wierd bits of stuff. But running all over the box looking for my lil bits is frustrating and sometimes I forget it (couldn't find it or literally forgot it!).

Will have to remember the Best Buy site if I ever find myself needing electronics stuff. (I am in a recovery program for high tech stuff and E Bay! If I stay away, the money stays with me and not them on that "I had to have it but never use it" stuff. The budget is already too tight. LOL)

MAPO

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:01 pm

mapo wrote: Will have to remember the Best Buy site if I ever find myself needing electronics stuff. (I am in a recovery program for high tech stuff and E Bay! If I stay away, the money stays with me and not them on that "I had to have it but never use it" stuff. The budget is already too tight. LOL)

MAPO
Maybe you could use it to get that Tazer with an ankle holster that would make your job so much easier!
http://www.itaser.com/?__utma=1.1043562 ... =266836622

Just knowing that you had it would make it very satisfying to chuckle and walk away from the know it all SG!

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:59 am

DragonFox98 wrote:LOL Oh, you guys are too much! :D: But seriously, my hubby is NOT ALLOWED to touch my tools. I just put together a basketball system for my son this past weekend (think basketball hoop attached to the poles attached to the sand that you add 300 (yes, 300) pounds to). It was a bitch and a half, but I got it done with sweat pouring into my eyes (we were in the middle of a heatwave with humidity).

I've also installed my dishwasher recently (can'y count the washer and dryer...they're basically plug in and go) which involved going into my crawlspace to deal with the water hook-up. Next up: changing my attached garage into a master suite. It will take awhile, but I'll get it done.

And no beer (sorry, darph & ktulu, can't stand the taste), but I'll take a strawberry Smirnoff or Mike's Hard Lemonade!

(I grew up in my father and grandfather's shadow and have "inherited" all their toys...my dad keeps getting bigger, better ones!)
I have a kitchen to finish when you're available, sounds like you, me and my wife would make a great team. All the Mike's you can drink and you don't even have to go into the crawl space (don't have one).

I don't bother with the hat anymore and I'm not the sports car type of guy but don't wish to get dog poo in the truck.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Cranbiz wrote:I have a kitchen to finish when you're available
I would love to!!! (but I think you're too far away for a weekend trip :) )