TDA suits to "help" CMs during Christmas season

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
pnutshuman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

just joking

Post by pnutshuman » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:55 am

i was kinda joking about bugging the suits. but if i happen to see one standing next to a bathroom, i would be tempted to ask where the bathroom is just for giggles. or the "do you work here?" but im sure they will get enugh of that from the "real" stupid guests.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:04 am

I got asked if I worked here today. But I was just a guest, I think it was because I was walking fast through a crowd. She came up to me and said, where's ... looked closer and said oh you don't work here, I just said no, I wasn't on the clock darn it, and I was trying to avoid crowds and get some taffy. :)

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:08 am

i got that do you work here from a lady today... good thing i wasn't at jungle because my response would have been fittingly humiliating. and she wasn't very smart, i don't think, like in a way that made me feel very very sorry for her. ooo and i saw matt ouimet in the park, did i already mention that? well i did. oh and when the sad lady came to me i was in fact working. i guess w/o the coat we kinda look like guests at indy, kinda.

Gimme some soft serve!

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:03 pm

They do Cross-U over at WDW and all the ones I've worked with have been great.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:46 am

yeah they did crossovers in the parade the other day. yeah not so great. at least on the crossover corresponding to my walkway. The guy didn't keep his area clear of guests there was another CM posted there, and she usually does that crossover, so it was nice to have her b/c she kept it open, but the guy just kinda stood there and didn't do much other than open and close the rope from time to time. From what i hear CC had some problems with thier crossovers, but i don't know exact details, other than it's rude to stop people from crossing when they're about to get run down by floats, funny thing, i think it'd be more rude to make guests try and make their way through the parade, I was in marching band, i know better than to enter a performers path. I'm sure that entertainment has different instructions, but when marching a parade, even at disneyland, we were to run over anything in our path, mainly toddlers. (kinda evil, but it made us feel good in that cynical sorta better than you, way, i think it was how they psyhed us up for a performance to give us that edge that makes a good band so awesome to see.)

Gimme some soft serve!

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:00 am

Our managers are lame and are only having them take out "park patrols" (aka pickers :roll: ) and roaming from what i've seen when what some of them should be doing something way worse, like a trash dump on a crowded day when they're all near full.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:55 am

abc wrote:Our managers are lame and are only having them take out "park patrols" (aka pickers :roll: ) and roaming from what i've seen when what some of them should be doing something way worse, like a trash dump on a crowded day when they're all near full.
Yeah. I'd like to see them do Fantasyland trash on July 17th of next year. I had to do it this year. It took me three fragging hours and 14 liners, plus a bullet liner to do the bloody area. And next year is going to be even worse, with the 50th anniversery...

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:06 pm

You know, I haven't seen a single suit helping at all. I've seen quite a few walking around. They're probably thinking, wow it's really crowded I'm sure glad I don't have to work out here. They may be thinking worse thoughts, like we're peons and such, but they might not be that mean.

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:49 pm

CBeilby wrote:
abc wrote:Our managers are lame and are only having them take out "park patrols" (aka pickers :roll: ) and roaming from what i've seen when what some of them should be doing something way worse, like a trash dump on a crowded day when they're all near full.
Yeah. I'd like to see them do Fantasyland trash on July 17th of next year. I had to do it this year. It took me three fragging hours and 14 liners, plus a bullet liner to do the bloody area. And next year is going to be even worse, with the 50th anniversery...
Yesterday it was so busy at DCA it took the hollywood trash cms 4 full 6 liner (thats 24 liners) to do an area dump. And scheduling expects 1 cm to be able to do it all (IMPOSSIBLE), they had to put 3 cms on trash there yesterday. FREEGIN award weiners...