TDA suits to "help" CMs during Christmas season

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
RebuildtheKingdom
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

TDA suits to "help" CMs during Christmas season

Post by RebuildtheKingdom » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:06 pm

Al Lutz is reporting over at MicgeAge.com that the TDA suits will be working the park this Christmas:
And when it comes to those infamous Christmas crowds, there will be plenty of extra TDA elves in Disneyland this year. Greg Emmer, the old-school Senior Vice President who started as a ride operator at Disneyland in the late 1960's, is drafting a lot of the white collar salaried folks back at TDA this year to help inside Disneyland. They'll all be receiving an email shortly telling them they'll be expected to leave their TDA offices the last two weeks in December to help out with crowd control and other basic chores inside Disneyland...

...Believe it or not, the average out-of-touch TDA denizen is going to be inside Disneyland with the unwashed masses working crowd control, taking tickets at the main entrance, or ringing up t-shirts at The Emporium. Say hello to them later this month won't you? They'll be the ones wearing business attire with the scared (if not horrified) look in their eyes.
LOL! This is great! I applaud Mr. Emmer & Ouimet for their decision to make their executives get in touch with the real world of being a CM.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: TDA suits to "help" CMs during Christmas seaso

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:23 pm

RebuildtheKingdom wrote:...Believe it or not, the average out-of-touch TDA denizen is going to be inside Disneyland with the unwashed masses working crowd control, taking tickets at the main entrance, or ringing up t-shirts at The Emporium. Say hello to them later this month won't you? They'll be the ones wearing business attire with the scared (if not horrified) look in their eyes.
God help us, one & all!! Suits will screw the season up!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

RebuildtheKingdom
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RebuildtheKingdom » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:39 pm

:lol: That's why I put the word help in quotes. :D

Look at it this way, maybe they'll have a better appreciation for all the hard work the CMs do and all the crap they have to put up with. Kind of a "walk in their shoes" thing. :)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:01 pm

See, I *told* you Greg Emmer was a keeper!

Zazu

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:36 pm

This could be interesting. I wanna see them work the parade, in lane. :twisted: On a sold out day. :twisted: Or in front of Small World. Those are the two worst spots in Fantasyland area cause you have to keep traffic moving, they're very narrow and everyone wants to stop and watch and they get mad when you say they can't there and they demand for you to find them a spot where they can watch from.

Yes, I am mean, vicious, and evil.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:46 am

I want to see them help Fantasmic!! See how they can get through THAT!!! :D

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:46 pm

i would like to see the most egotistical suit with a putty knife scrapping the gum off of the bottom of the tables and walkways,and it wouldnt hurt if it was down pouring. and he better still have that suit on.

pnutshuman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

im evil

Post by pnutshuman » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:09 pm

if i happen to see any suits when im there, ill be sure to go into stupid guest mode and ask them as many questions as i can, heheheeeee

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:25 pm

I don't see any need to make them fee lunwelcome the more help we can get in the GC the better, as long as they do their job, moderatly well, i'll be happy, and i'm always more than willing to help any CM when they need it. Maybe this is why i "met" Matt ouimet the yesterday, i was on my way out form jungle when someone stopped and siad those guys are talking to Matt Ouimet so i went up and joined the conversation. I think it'll be good to have these guys running around the park where they can see what we do, so this way the can SEE what it is that we need to do a better job. I like it when the managers join the GC team, even if it's standing on top of Photo supply shouting at us to tell us who they want where, i see no reason to give them a hard time, and i see no reason why they would give us a hard time either. I'm more worried about the B status CMs from trains and WD story getting parade shifts when everything in adventureland closes, they're um, well let's just say they have thier own agendas.

Gimme some soft serve!

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:46 am

the more help we can get in the GC the better, as long as they do their job, moderatly well, i'll be happy
I think that's the problem. Most of them won't do it moderately well. That's why we all want to see them do it. Except for the one person who mentioned being sure to ask them stupid questions everyone is just thinking of the toughest jobs we do and wanting to see the suits deal with it. I don't think anyone is trying to make them feel unwelcome we just don't want them to get easy jobs. It would defeat the purpose.

Group at Roger would be another good one. Since they changed the way the line is you get bitched at by like every other stand by person.