Main Street Bypass

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Main Street Bypass

Post by Epeyon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:56 pm

I was at Magic Kingdom on the 29th for One More Disney Day, and I took the Main Street Bypass at around 9 P.M. and what did I see, but the entire parking lot. I just had to take a picture.

I think if somebody in MK leadership ever criticizes my show, I might just have to bring this up and say I'm simply following their example.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Main Street Bypass

Post by avengador1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Normally they would have put some temporary folliage to block the view of the parking lot. I guess they forgot. I have been to this part of backstage a few times myself.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:50 pm

avengador1 wrote:Normally they would have put some temporary folliage to block the view of the parking lot. I guess they forgot. I have been to this part of backstage a few times myself.
The extended hours probably caught them off guard ! :twisted:

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Epeyon wrote:I was at Magic Kingdom on the 29th for One More Disney Day, and I took the Main Street Bypass at around 9 P.M. and what did I see, but the entire parking lot. I just had to take a picture.

I think if somebody in MK leadership ever criticizes my show, I might just have to bring this up and say I'm simply following their example.
Were they set up for the massive bypass to tomorrowland? If so, that would explain the lack of foliage.

Kurt

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:Were they set up for the massive bypass to tomorrowland? If so, that would explain the lack of foliage.
Doesn't look like it from that picture. If so the cones and CM wouldn't be there blocking the way, that's the way to Tomorrowland.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 am

Oh noes, a parking lot! I went to a small town main street once. It wasn't as well kept at Main Street, U.S.A., but guess what, it had a crappy parking lot behind their buildings too :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 am

ktulu wrote:it had a crappy parking lot behind their buildings too :D:
Yes, but was your experience at the turn of the century from the 18th to the 19th?

Didn't think so.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Yes, but was your experience at the turn of the century from the 18th to the 19th?

Didn't think so.
Disney magic: it apparently turned from the 18th century directly to the 21st! :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:54 pm

18th century was 1701-1800; 19th century was 1801 - 1900. I'm pretty sure you meant 19th century.

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 pm

felinefan wrote:18th century was 1701-1800; 19th century was 1801 - 1900. I'm pretty sure you meant 19th century.
I hate to mess with both of you, but isn't Main Street set in the 1900's? As in Walt's childhood?