First post + confessions of a possible SG!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

First post + confessions of a possible SG!

Post by knitster » Sun May 22, 2011 8:46 pm

First of all, I've been lurking here all day (I'm sick and in bed, I have a life - I swear!), and I love it! I saw so.much. stupidity during our first WDW visit and I just knew there must be some place to vent about it. Clearly the...um...other Disney forum I'm a member of is *not* the place for such discussion.

Secondly, we (my mom, my husband, and my 3 kids - 9, 5, and 11 months) just got back from our first ever trip to the World! While we had a great time, and (hopefully) didn't annoy, inconvenience, or offend anyone, I am afraid that I might have made quite an a** of myself during our first day at the Magic Kingdom.

We had been touring all day and my poor 11 month old, as mild tempered as he is, really needed a break from the stroller and we all needed a drink. So, my mom offered to go round up drinks at Sunshine Tree Terrace while the rest of us found a seat. Unfortunately, there were no seats to be had, so I was trying to scope out a half wall or a rock or anything to sit down on so that I could get my son out of his stroller and stretch his legs a bit.

I was facing Sunshine Tree Terrace and looked to the left and saw a path (CM only area, probably) between STT and whatever building is next to it (clearly I do not know my way around the MK). So I decided to park my crew on the ground right there, presumably out of the way of everyone else. This plan was working out perfectly until 4 CMs walked up and politely informed me that I was sitting in front of their entrance to STT...while looking at me like I had 3 heads. Oops! Man I felt like a total idiot! About that time, my baby decided it was time to nurse and nap, my 9 year old smacked his head on the pole behind him and my 5 year old started sobbing but wouldn't tell anyone what was wrong. So I gathered everyone up and made a bee line for the park exit. I might have made a fool of myself, but I'd be darned if I was going to subject everyone to my over tired children for the rest of the day!

So, my sincere apologies to the CMs I inconvenienced that day, whomever they may be.

I look forward to looking around the forum some more and getting to know ya'll!

ETA: Just looked at a map and saw that the Tiki Room is the building to the left and the walk way leads to bathrooms! Shows how much I know! :o:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: First post + confessions of a possible SG!

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm

knitster wrote:I might have made a fool of myself, but I'd be darned if I was going to subject everyone to my over tired children for the rest of the day!
Hmm... I keep rereading your post looking for any sort of hint that you are a SG. Okay, so you, while watching three kids who were about to explode, sat down where you could in a crowded park, and when you finally found a spot it was in an entrance. When asked to move did you fight the Cast Member? Did you drag your tired kids around a park four hours after they should have been home for a nap?

If you're looking for someone to call you a SG, ask someone else.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 am

Yeah, I agree with Wallaby.

For that to count as a "Stupid Guest Trick" you would have need to yell at the CM's that you paid (insert amount) for this trip and you will sit where ever you please.

Then continue to drag your kids around until near closing. Probably yell at them to saying "I paid (insert amount) for this trip and you are going to have fun so stop crying!" (and force them on rides they don't want to go on for bonus points).

So, You seemed to do the sensible things.

Also, Bonus tip for future reference.

Right next to the STT, just behind the "Aladdin Magic Carpets" there is the gifts shops. The wall of the "bazaar" has seats on the other side (facing the gift shop, not the ride). They are out of the sun, catch a nice breeze, and not a lot of people notice them. :D:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Mon May 23, 2011 6:32 am

First trips are always hard. Looks like you handled things like an ADULT. And you know that NEXT trip you need to plan in naps. It makes EVERYONE happier. And welcome aboard. :D:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon May 23, 2011 7:36 am

Yup. Was looking in the narration for someone who made an a** of themselves. Didn't find it. ;)

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by knitster » Mon May 23, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks for the kind words! I was just sure those CMs thought I was a nutcase for planting myself and my brood right in front of a door, instead of finding a seat like a normal person!
JugglingFreak wrote: Also, Bonus tip for future reference.

Right next to the STT, just behind the "Aladdin Magic Carpets" there is the gifts shops. The wall of the "bazaar" has seats on the other side (facing the gift shop, not the ride). They are out of the sun, catch a nice breeze, and not a lot of people notice them. :D:
We found this spot later in the afternoon when we came back to the park to ride Pirates. When we stumbled upon it, my first thought was, "Gee, this would've been a much nicer place to take a break this morning." :rolleyes: lol

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 pm

knitster wrote:I am afraid that I might have made quite an a** of myself during our first day at the Magic Kingdom.
Nope, you're good...and WELCOME! :D:

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:15 pm

welcome, knitster!!! :waves:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 25, 2011 12:34 am

Geez, where are my manners. As one of two people on this board authorized to use this smiley,

:sgthello:

Now expect your first drink and complementary fireball shortly.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

knitster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by knitster » Wed May 25, 2011 8:05 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Geez, where are my manners. As one of two people on this board authorized to use this smiley,

:sgthello:

Now expect your first drink and complementary fireball shortly.
Got my drink and my fireball in the Nametag thread and am feeling thoroughly welcomed! :D: