Hi - so happy to be here!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
LaurenT
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Hi - so happy to be here!

Post by LaurenT » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 am

Hi everyone!
I just found this site yesterday and have been enjoying reading through the different topics!
I am not a CM, but used to be a flight attendant...so I guess you could say that from time to time I would deal with SP (passenger) instead of SG.
My all time favorite passenger comment:
Excuse me .... I can't seem to get my window open....

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Hi - so happy to be here!

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 am

:sgthello:

The drink committee should be here soon, and if you've done any reading you know what else happens. Here, you may want to put on this superabsorbent polymer slurry. Hope you didn't use hairspray this morning.

And about that window, it's kinda too bad. It would have shut them up if you had got to FL350 and they had managed to open it.

I look forward to hearing your stories.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

LaurenT
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LaurenT » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:04 am

Thank you Big Wallaby.
My time with the airlines was back when smoking was just being banned....there were several times when a lavatory smoke detector would go off...
Flight Attendant knocks on door: excuse me, is everything all right in there?
Passenger: Yes (with alarm going off!)
Flight Attendant: Are you smoking?
Passenger: No (alarm still going off)
Flight Attendant: I'm sorry, the smoke detector is going off, I need you to open the door
Passenger opens the door and cigarette smoke comes billowing out....
Flight Attendant: Sir, what did you do with the cigarette?
Passenger: I wasn't smoking.
Flight Attendant: Sir, I can see the smoke, did you put the cigarette in the trash, or the toilet? I'm asking because it's a fire hazard.
Passenger: I wasn't smoking.
Sigh...OK Sir, excuse me.
Then I'd have to go in and search through the trash to make sure there wasn't a lit cigarette in there.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 am

Greetings LaurenT, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

LaurenT
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LaurenT » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks Lasolimu! :)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:53 pm

There was one airline that seated babies in the smoking section. The thinking was, less oxygen meant less screaming.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

LaurenT
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LaurenT » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 pm

hobie16 wrote:There was one airline that seated babies in the smoking section. The thinking was, less oxygen meant less screaming.
Wow...coughing better than screaming I guess...
Passengers who smoked would often book up the non smoking section nd then walk back to smoking to have a cigarette. They didn't want to have to sit in the middle of it. Then the non smoking passengers who got stuck there would complain because there were no other seats available - and I could totally relate, but not much I could do. Was very happy when they ended smoking on the plane.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Welcome to our happy family. :)

LaurenT
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LaurenT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:26 am

turkeyham wrote:Welcome to our happy family. :)
Thanks Turkeyham.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:41 pm

LaurenT wrote:Wow...coughing better than screaming I guess...
Passengers who smoked would often book up the non smoking section nd then walk back to smoking to have a cigarette. They didn't want to have to sit in the middle of it. Then the non smoking passengers who got stuck there would complain because there were no other seats available - and I could totally relate, but not much I could do. Was very happy when they ended smoking on the plane.
Now if they could ban farting on planes. Seriously, 10 hours. I thought someone crapped their pants, but the stench would come and go...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."