Goody bags?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
StupidGuestPrick
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Goody bags?

Post by StupidGuestPrick » Thu May 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Some lunatics on that crazy forum are talking about making "goody bags" to take to WDW to give out to CM's. They have stuff like tootsie rolls, cookies, etc. in them. One particular nut said she made and gave out 400 :eek: on her last trip.

What would you CM's think if a SG gave you one of these goody bags? Would you eat the cookies?!??! :confused:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Goody bags?

Post by Shorty82 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:24 pm

I'd politely accept it and after the guest left throw it away. There's to many nutcases out there these days so you just can't trust any kind of food from a stranger. I believe this might also be Disney policy but I'm not certain.

Little cards and things like that, OTOH, are wonderful thank yous and are kept.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

jaccceee
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jaccceee » Thu May 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Ok. 1st post. I love reading what the cms have to say. the guests, not as much. So, I did a search on the the other forum for goody bags and found the thread. I do agree that bringing 400 goody bags is crazy but if you read the whole post that same crazy lady takes pictures of nice cms and sends a letter and picture to managment. That is one nice lunatic.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Thu May 20, 2010 2:03 pm

I don't see how she could get thru security with all those cookies! That would be one big backpack.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu May 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Bags of Money Accepted! :p:

I usually hand out pins to special CMs ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Ditto on what Shorty said. I enjoy being healthy and alive a little too much to accept food.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu May 20, 2010 5:09 pm

jaccceee wrote:Ok. 1st post. I love reading what the cms have to say. the guests, not as much. So, I did a search on the the other forum for goody bags and found the thread. I do agree that bringing 400 goody bags is crazy but if you read the whole post that same crazy lady takes pictures of nice cms and sends a letter and picture to managment. That is one nice lunatic.
Please allow me to be the first to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay. I am sure a member of the Marsupial Welcoming Committee will welcome you shortly.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Lasolimu wrote:...I am sure a member of the Marsupial Welcoming Committee will welcome you shortly....
A member already came by but forgot to be welcoming! Must be that new frontierland gig.

Kurt

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu May 20, 2010 10:09 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:A member already came by but forgot to be welcoming! Must be that new frontierland gig.
I'm guessing it was intentional because he felt it wasn't the right time for the marsupial greeting. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 pm

All I know that CM's don't accept food and gifts from guests. Now, if it was the Bubble Ladies, I did hold on to the bubble container and blew the bubbles on my break. :)