Florida Cast....

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Florida Cast....

Post by Doctor McKey » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Just a FYI...

At 11pm on Weds. Sept. 2 Mickey's Not So Scary's Boo To You Parade will do its Cast Preview Dress Rehersal...

Come one Come All... Must park at DU/West Clock and bus in....

Be their at west clock by about 1030pm

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Florida Cast....

Post by glendalais » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:00 pm

You know, I could've sworn all the posters were saying that the Cast Preview was restricted to MK and DRC Cast only.

Not that it means that much, but still....

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:30 pm

The Cast Preview for the parade is for Magic Kingdom cast ONLY. Sadly non-MK cast isn't supposed to attend.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:50 pm

Dang!

That would be fun, but that would be a long drive from CA. :(

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:03 am

glendalais wrote:You know, I could've sworn all the posters were saying that the Cast Preview was restricted to MK and DRC Cast only.

Not that it means that much, but still....
Yeah, well they are checking IDs again. If you are not from MK or DRC but come to the preview..."this may be met with disciplinary action not excluding termination".

Oh, and the termination fairie seems to be working very hard lately. Let's just say that people are proving to be just plain stupid and (as usual) surprised when they get the 'walk of shame', or worse. Oh and for the record, it is not just newbies getting 'walked'. People with some decent longevity are looking for a new work location.

You know your role, you know the rules, and you know that they just are not even trying to 'play' any more. Zero tolerance is showing its head.

I am unable to elaborate further. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. It is getting ugly and I personally do not see it changing for a while.

Oh, and people acting like idiots at MK previews have been termed too in the past. If you were invited (MK or DRC cast), remember to conduct yourself appropriately.

There is nothing worse than having your ID pulled right there in front of hundreds of people, walked to Security office, and put on suspension pending termination. Or if you are a CP, being driven to your 'dorm' and given 30 minutes to pack so you can get a free ride to airport.

Plenty of discounted tickets are available for designated cast discount nights. Buy a ticket! Or work the party!

For the MK cast...see ya out there!

MAPO

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:27 am

As much as I would love to go to the preview, I am currently statused at the Studios. So I guess I will just attend a party (or two).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:55 pm

mapo wrote:Yeah, well they are checking IDs again. If you are not from MK or DRC but come to the preview..."this may be met with disciplinary action not excluding termination".

Oh, and the termination fairie seems to be working very hard lately. Let's just say that people are proving to be just plain stupid and (as usual) surprised when they get the 'walk of shame', or worse. Oh and for the record, it is not just newbies getting 'walked'. People with some decent longevity are looking for a new work location.

You know your role, you know the rules, and you know that they just are not even trying to 'play' any more. Zero tolerance is showing its head.

I am unable to elaborate further. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. It is getting ugly and I personally do not see it changing for a while.

Oh, and people acting like idiots at MK previews have been termed too in the past. If you were invited (MK or DRC cast), remember to conduct yourself appropriately.

There is nothing worse than having your ID pulled right there in front of hundreds of people, walked to Security office, and put on suspension pending termination. Or if you are a CP, being driven to your 'dorm' and given 30 minutes to pack so you can get a free ride to airport.

Plenty of discounted tickets are available for designated cast discount nights. Buy a ticket! Or work the party!

For the MK cast...see ya out there!

MAPO
it's fair, it's not a party, it's a invite for certain departments to see something new they are working on before the public sees. if you show up and not from the invited depts, it shows them you can't read and follow rules.
it's like working for the wizard, if they say don't look, you don't look.

Corey

OldTimePIGuy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by OldTimePIGuy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 am

mapo wrote: There is nothing worse than having your ID pulled right there in front of hundreds of people, walked to Security office, and put on suspension pending termination. Or if you are a CP, being driven to your 'dorm' and given 30 minutes to pack so you can get a free ride to airport.
Working at PI this happened more times than I can count. Cast members would come down, get drunk and do something stupid. The funniest part was, security had no idea these people were cast members. But when security confronted them about whatever it was they were doing, these knuckleheads would whip out the ID and shout "But I WORK here!".

Security: Thanks for the ID....Goodbye.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 am

There's nothing worse then acting stupid and then opening your mouth and confirming it.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:37 am

I guess they never heard of the old saying:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a half-wit, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

sort of a darwin effect in the work place.

hehehehhee

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?