An Open Letter To The Consumers Of America

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

An Open Letter To The Consumers Of America

Post by CujoSR » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:09 pm

I wrote this last year but the point remains true to this day...

I'll get right to the point. You consumers suck.*You all want the hottest toys for*your kid and it can get very annoying for me, the guy selling the product. So here's some tips for getting what you want next year without pissing me the hell off.

1. GET IT EARLY! I cant stress this enough. Do not do your shopping in the last week before Christmas. By this time everything has been picked over and then some.

2. Don't ask if we'll get more of and out of stock product before Christmas. If I knew the answer to that question I wouldn't need to work here.

3. Don't give me attitude when the product you want is not in my department. Seriously if I say I don't have "product x" here. Believe me when I say it. You probably aren't the first person to ask for it and you won't be the last. Trust me, I checked.

4. Do your own research. Do not call me over to a locked case just so you could ask what the hottest game is for your 7 year old girl is. I don't freaking know. I'm 25 and male. I play GTA, thank you. I don't have time to be answering stupid questions that easily be found on Google.

5. If an employee looks busy leave them alone! I'm sure you want help finding something. So does everyone else. Don't bother an employee who is talking to another customer, on the phone, walking through the area or just plain looking busy. There's probably someone else around to help. Or just wait till the employee is finished with thier task.

6. Don't bring your kids shopping with you. I am sick of parents asking me to hide thier product for them. You may not realize this but there are cameras watching my every move. I don't want them to think I'm acting suspiciously.

I'm sure there is more I could add to this but I'll just leave it at that. Follow these simple rules and you will get in, out, and home before you know it.
Thanks,
A Tired and Broken Employee

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: An Open Letter To The Consumers Of America

Post by CujoSR » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Ok I wrote it two years ago. I'm 27 now. ;-)

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:23 pm

CujoSR wrote:Ok I wrote it two years ago. I'm 27 now. ;-)
Wow, 27, you're getting old. :)

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:42 pm

lady ulrike wrote:Wow, 27, you're getting old. :)
and crabby.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:09 pm

hehehehe

I wish they would post that on the enterance to all the stores!!!!

I stopped by Target today (Dunkin Donuts coffee beans!!!) and was behind a lady telling the poor clerk that she was very disappointed that she could not find a Nintendo Wii. Instead of just dropping it, she complained during the entire check out.

(I at least got the clerk to smile when I made a joke about the previous little piggy customer going Wii Wii Wii all the way home.)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Good one! :D: If the shoe fits....!

People should shop more online; maybe they can find what they want quicker and at a better price. My Yahoo! has links for shopping that let you find merchants who offer free shipping, or discounts, or have special promotions, etc.. If I had the bux, I'd shop like that as often as possible. Especially this time of year. Though the stores I went to the other day weren't really crowded, I still couldn't find a place to sit, or at least in the section I wanted, when I was in B&N. My ankle was killing me, and I had to stand, and with another mile to walk to get home. Ouch!

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:31 pm

I don't know (or care) where the hell you work, Cujo, but you should just be thankful you have a damn job and that the freakin' store you work in hasn't gone bankrupt. With clerks like you, they will soon. If you treated me like that in your store I would never shop there again.

Last weekend I shopped at Macy's and the clerks were so f*cking rude I swear to God I will do all my shopping on line from now on. Good-bye, brick-and-mortar stores.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 am

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:I don't know (or care) where the hell you work, Cujo, but you should just be thankful you have a damn job and that the freakin' store you work in hasn't gone bankrupt. With clerks like you, they will soon. If you treated me like that in your store I would never shop there again.

Last weekend I shopped at Macy's and the clerks were so f*cking rude I swear to God I will do all my shopping on line from now on. Good-bye, brick-and-mortar stores.
This is a site known as SGT and we talk about SGs. So people lighten up on the kid. His words of wisdom to customers applies to WDW and DLR and Wal-Mart and every place that people shop at as well as banks and restaurants.

I hear it every time I leave the house. A number one. what drink. um coke. onions on that. NO and no lettuce. Frustrating when I walk up and pop out my order so that they immediately know what I want.

Who here that works merchandising at Disney has not had guests ask them what to buy. How are clerks to know if that shirt will fit Aunt Betty or if Junior will love the toy. I hate when I am trying to buy something and people are holding up the line while asking stupid questions.

BIG HUGS for Cujo and that is an excellent list. Times are tough but should the employee have to put up with a lot of the manure that customers dish out? Should employees smile as some brats thrash a display and mess up the shelves or break stuff. Should employees stand and smile as a kid smashes every loaf of bread they see in a store. Should employees smile when a guest puts the credit card in their mouth then hand it to the clerk?

Just because times are tought does not mean that employees should gripe and complain and make fun of SGs.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:14 am

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:I don't know (or care) where the hell you work, Cujo, but you should just be thankful you have a damn job and that the freakin' store you work in hasn't gone bankrupt. With clerks like you, they will soon. If you treated me like that in your store I would never shop there again.

Umm... HI :waves:
Where do you get off? So retail workers are not allowed to voice an opinion? How dare you. I would expect such a statement from someone new to the site but not a regular. All I did was give VERY good advice to anyone wanting to shop in a brick and mortar store. You make it out as if i hate my job, I very much enjoy my job it just gets frustrating at this time of year.
I'm sorry if I... No. No, I'm not.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:39 am

I admit I was way over the top in my last reply, and I apologize to Cujo. We all have to deal with stupid people in our jobs and I do sympathize with you. I try to be polite and understanding to sales associates when I shop.

But, my point is this. Look at all the retailers going bankrupt. Mervyn's is going out of business. Circuit City has filed chapter 11. Robinson's-May is long gone. It is so much easier to shop on line, I seriously believe that brick and mortar stores are going the way of the stage coach.

So polish up your resume.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."