Disney gift for someone who has everything

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Disney gift for someone who has everything

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:41 pm

I would like to give a special friend a Disney themed gift for when she passes through in November. She will not have chances to visit the parks so I am wondering what can be something memorable and very Disney-esque.

She's a very lovely and elegant lady, like a princess. So I was thinking a small engraved Glass Slipper with a nice message on it. Or maybe a Cinderella's castle snowglobe. I'm really leaning towards anything that screams princess. 50 bucks and under is my price range.

Maybe a pretty Tinkerbell charm? I really don't know!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Disney gift for someone who has everything

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:48 pm

We have some nice Cindy snowglobes in Uptown Jewelers. I like the slipper idea, for that I'm try Crystal Arts and they do glass engraving there. I've seen glass slippers there before but I'm afraid they might cost more than $50.00.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:17 am

The Disney Store has a nice variety of items, sometimes on sale! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

queenie82
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by queenie82 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:50 am

I know your budget is only $50 but would something from the glass blowers on main street be in that range?

A glass slipper sounds great. My only other thoughts would be a watch with the back engraved but again I'm not sure about price range.
The Disney outlets might have something nice at a good reduction (thats where I got my watch)

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:09 am

Well, I was assuming with my holiday CM discount (doesn't that start in Oct?) I could get something nice in the slightly "upper" price range. Now that you guys mention the glass blowers - do they sell miniatures of the Beauty and the Beast rose in a jar? I just got a good idea for an inscription on that.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:53 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:Well, I was assuming with my holiday CM discount (doesn't that start in Oct?) I could get something nice in the slightly "upper" price range. Now that you guys mention the glass blowers - do they sell miniatures of the Beauty and the Beast rose in a jar? I just got a good idea for an inscription on that.
October 26th according to my Family Holiday Celebration book I just received yesterday (you should be getting yours in the mail any time now if you haven't already). The book says the discount is good at Arribas Brothers locations (they run Crystal Arts). It appears they are about the only operating participants that do honor the discount.

I don't know if they have a miniature Beauty and the Beast rose but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. If I come down to the parks on Tuesday or Wednesday (not really planning on it but I might) I'll stop by and check.

I do know that in Uptown Jewelers we have a snow globe that has Belle and the Beast by the rose in it's jar and I think there might be something similar in one of the collectible series we carry. I'll try to remember to check on that tomorrow if I go into Uptown (hopefully, it's my favorite shop to work in).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:42 pm

I thought they had a Beauty and the Beast rose in the Main Street glassblowers. One of the ladies could check for you. Downtown Disney has candy and there is a lovely candle shop. How about a bucket of popcorn? I once got a bucket and put a snowglobe at the bottom of the popcorn.

If she loves Disneyana then try the books for sale in park and Downtown Disney. Personally I would love the glass because it is so much nicer. If she was a fun person I would do a gift basket of ears, shirt and other taudry souveniers. Maybe you could do a balloon.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:10 am

I'll pop in one of these days to check in the shops for a special something. I'd LOVE to do a gift basket of princess type things but I'll have to get this through security at the UCF Arena, and goodness knows that would cause a bit of a stir. She works in a show I will be seeing and she will only have a few minutes to meet with me to get it.

I do like the popcorn and globe/candle idea - a nice little fun munchie for the road and a scented candle to relax her when things get rough. Maybe a nice box of treats from the Confectionery - then again, who knows how security would react to this.

Anyway, thanks for the help - but keep the ideas coming!

I want this present to be something for her to truly treasure.

It's hard to explain, but this is something I want to put a lot of thought into. Last gift I had given her was about 4 years ago and it was a special edition Build a Bear in a princess outfit, hugged by various people who loved her.

- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:25 am

http://www.buildabear.com/shop/productd ... atsNewShop
Pink Ribbon critter from build a bear.
Place it in a gift box so she can take it on the plane. Put in a candle, candies, and other assorted items. If she is on the road then something from home might be nice like home made cookies.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 pm

Cute bear!!! I'll take that into consideration as well, but I do like that bear for someone else I know!

- Blaine Anderson, GLEE