Character Dining Ettiqute?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Canuikstan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Canuikstan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Now i could swear that whenever i was seated for a Character Dining experience, the host would tell us in a very polite manner to remain seated when the Characters arrived, and that they would pose for a picture.

Was i hearing things, imagining things, or just plain wrong?

I can imagine the usefulness of this policy if it doesn't exist.. (wait staff/other guets carrying hot food around other guests and large Characters with limited visibility, not to mention your family photo being invaded with the next tables anxious children...)

Does this policy actually exist?!

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Character Dining Ettiqute?

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Try as you might. Plus you have kids wipping their greasy hands on pluto's fur. Nightmare.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:38 pm

I know you're supposed to stay at your table for the character. I don't know anything about having to stay seated though.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:15 pm

We're always told not to go chasing the characters around. I love it when a character we've been waiting for finally makes it and there is a line of SG's right there to see them too :/

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Kids can and are invited to gather at one side of the table for a group pic if they are spread out, but they are not to leave their seat otherwise.

At Chef Mickey's, an entire family with at least 8 kids kept pushing into other's families pictures and time with the characters. Mickey was on his knee next to a barely wobbling baby girl when the dreaded family's children came running to him practically shoving the baby out of the way. The adults did nothing! Mick and the Gang already been to their table and were well across the room with other guests.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:23 pm

I have never been told to stay seated during the character visits at the tables. I have been told a casual-in-passing "the characters WILL be around to your table soon so if you would like to go get something to eat, now would be a good time to do so" .

We always stand up near our table and take pics and such. I guess cause we tend to ask for off to the side tables and eat at less crowded times it doesnt become an issue. In fact of the characters at 1900 PF this last trip, and with the exception of Prince Charming, THEY were the ones asking us to stand up and pose.
:rolleyes: MMMM..MIGHT have had something to do with our shirts. Remind me to post those pics as soon as I get them downloaded. HEHEHE! You guys are gonna love them. Lady Tremaine liked her's enuf to want a shot from a personal camera. That was a first for me. Needless to say I got a pic of the handler taking a pic. It was very cool.

BTW....... A BIG THANK YOU to SARAH MAGDALENE for totally making my day at the AK. Ask disneyprincess how awful I felt prior to our meet and greet with your "friend". I had actually fallen asleep on the bench for 15 minutes before seeing the blue furry one and the movie star. (whom I think :confused: I got a good shot of primping, if you would like a copy ) :D: I think I had a bit of heat exhaustion. :eek:
That was lots of fun and made our day extra special. HUGS AND KISSES. Told ya we were the 2 fat ppl with the cute little blond. :p: It was fun to tell Meghyn that Mama talked to them ahead of time and told them to steal Dada's hat. HEHHEE!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:20 pm

well, don't fart infront of a princess, unless they rip one off first. :eek:

accioetoile
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by accioetoile » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:36 pm

I've only worked Play N Dine, at which you are allowed to stand to take a picture when the character gets to your table, but some places to require that you stay seated for the picture. My friend works at Crystal Palace a lot, and she says because there's so little space between the tables, that they ask you to stay seated for pictures.

As for people following characters around, June was at Play N Dine, and this one woman was following her around, asking her to take a picture with a different member of her family after she finished each table, and tried to move onto another table. The biggest problem? There was a character attendant right there, the entire time, just staring at June, not saying a word to the guest about how June will be around to their table, or, if they were leaving, they could wait at this special place, and she would come and see them there.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:51 pm

WE dined at 1900 PF tonight. It was really good!!!!

The step-sisters and I had quite a conversation. They liked my idea of marrying a pirate fer the loot, then shipping him off to see (Sea?) to meet Davy Jones (not of the Monkee's)

I was very impressed!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:54 pm

vixen101485 wrote:
BTW....... A BIG THANK YOU to SARAH MAGDALENE for totally making my day at the AK. Ask disneyprincess how awful I felt prior to our meet and greet with your "friend". I had actually fallen asleep on the bench for 15 minutes before seeing the blue furry one and the movie star. (whom I think :confused: I got a good shot of primping, if you would like a copy ) :D: I think I had a bit of heat exhaustion. :eek:
My pleasure! The "kids" hardly need coaxing when they meet guests, they love making new friends. She knew Meghyn right off the bat when I passed the word about her great little outfit. They want to know if she can come out and play another day!

And Primping?! LOL! Yes, that's the way with typical child stars! Do share a pic! I'll tell them that you loved meeting them. ;)

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE