No more cuts for Knott's disabled guests

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: No more cuts for Knott's disabled guests

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:26 pm

dazyhill wrote:I've worked at Knott's longer than I should have and there are days when I would love to see it all come crashing down. Yes the management is terrible,the food inedible (esp the "food" they try to serve the employees),and the pay dismal. But,there are a lot of employees who work hard to try to provide guests the best service possible.
It's all about attitude. You need to look for the good. It's not an easy task.
Thank you for giving us this perspective Daisy. I have not been to Knotts, just WoF, so I only know what I see at WoF. I have seen quite a few employees who love what they do and do an amazing job, unfortunatley I see many many people who are the exact opposite, but this seems to be true for any industry that hires primarily teenagers.

Petite and Proud!

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:11 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:From what I've seen at WoF, the management is pretty good. My bf speaks highly of the managers.
WoF is probably ran NOTHING like K's. Sups, Leads, Managers...all of them morons. Most of them teenagers. The ones who are adults act just as bad as the teenagers.

So in closing, Cedar Fair blows.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:07 pm

Knott's can do that because they know who to go to in order to make it happen, and leave them looking like the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's an evil ability to slowly destroy everything in their path, while at the same time projecting the illusion that they are the greatest thing going.

I've seen fellow ride operators start out having fun with the guests, making their job fun, and management clamp down on it and say, "Don't do that anymore." Seriously, there was a guy and a girl working Balloon Race in Camp Snoopy, and I watched as they joyfully helped the guests on the ride, get their belts on, checked everything, launched, then helped the guests out, cycle after cycle. Then one of the shilft leaders noticed it, and told them to stop doing that! And the guests were having a ball, too, until that couple were forced to stop having so much fun! Total killjoys run that park, for sure!

Knott's has had run-ins with disabled people; there's an account on http://www.themeparkinsider.com how a family with an autistic child was told they couldn't take their kid on hardly any of the rides, and gave lame reasons for doing so. When they went to the rides office to speak with a manager, they were told that they (management) didn't care about their problem. They got that on tape. Plus, when they tried to get a snack from one of the carts, the employee working the cart claimed she was unable to get them their soda because she was too short to reach it!

Another guest rode Ghostrider, and broke her neck due to the roughness of the ride; when she tried to complain, Knott's claimed she'd entered the park with her neck already broken and had chosen to ignore the warnings at the ride! There have been other cases where guests have gotten whiplash injuries on Ghostrider, and the park claimed they weren't actually injured, or insisted it was the guests' fault!

One of these days, somebody's not gonna take that crap anymore, and it'll end up on the news bigtime!