Single rider lines?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Single rider lines?

Post by svickersart » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:15 am

Sorry to ask so many questions, I have only done WDW once alone and I know things have changed as far as single ride line go. So what attractions have single rider lines thses days? I figure I might as well make use of them. I know Test Track does and I have seen reference to both RRC and EE, to they have them also?

Thanks for the help
Steve

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Single rider lines?

Post by Theme Park Where » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:54 pm

RnRC now has one. TSMM has one too, although I'm not sure I see the point of it since they tend to load faster IMHO without it.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Soarin' had one when it opened but it was determined that it was ineffective due to the high capacity of the ride vehicle rows and the lack of single seats. The single rider line is now a cast access walkway.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:34 pm

The single riders are:
*TSM
*EE
*TT
*R&RC

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Theme Park Where wrote:RnRC now has one. TSMM has one too, although I'm not sure I see the point of it since they tend to load faster IMHO without it.
I was able to swing past about a 15 min wait when I took the single rider line. Depends at what time of day you go I suppose... I was there at about 9:45 PM.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:45 am

I think it the single rider is nominally shorter on TSMM but not by enough to make much of a difference when it's a longer wait. Or at least that's what it appeared to me. The ride seats four, two by two. Since most parties when I rode were fours or sixes it was hard for them to put singles in. There would be the occassional party of 5 or 7, but since they were spread out over more than one vehicle, it was hard for the grouper to see them quickly enough to fill them in.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:39 am

Theme Park Where wrote:I think it the single rider is nominally shorter on TSMM but not by enough to make much of a difference when it's a longer wait. Or at least that's what it appeared to me. The ride seats four, two by two. Since most parties when I rode were fours or sixes it was hard for them to put singles in. There would be the occassional party of 5 or 7, but since they were spread out over more than one vehicle, it was hard for the grouper to see them quickly enough to fill them in.
On thursday, with a MISERABLE grouper, singles was 20 while standby was 80. Makes me happier, although I still have not seen potato head. The grouper was sending so many empty seats.

Kurt

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Maybe they've got the flow going a bit better then. That's good to know since I tend to go solo into the parks.