Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Was at work the other day when I had heard this very upsetting incident. Donald Duck just recently had gotten punched by two children during Safari Breakfast at AK. According to the duck good friend, both children were at first laughing cause they thought it was funny that they made Donald "act" hurt. When confronted by both an attendant and Donald himself, the family had insisted, "No, our children would never do such a thing! How DARE you accuse us of that." The one little girl in the family had started crying cause she knew she was caught. The boy apparently was still snickering.

After much argument between the parents and the management, the guilty family was given their entire meal free, fast pass for Kilimanjaro, and got to be in the Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade as honored guests.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Be a SG, and you get Rewarded!!!!!

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:14 pm

My GOD! That family should have been kicked out of the park at the very least for assaulting Donald, not given all kinds of rewards!

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:19 pm

I think Disney managment needs two things: 1.) Cameras that catch guests in the act, and the video shown to them when confronting them; and 2.) To grow a set of balls so they aren't afraid to confront guests who misbehave. If they don't watch out, they're going to go the way Knott's and Six Flags have gone, to the ghetto. Disney should reward guests who obey rules, etc. and punish those who attack characters, and everything else. They don't need that kind of guest in the park. If the guests say they'll tell everybody they know not to patronize Disney, two things are going to happen: 1.) nothing, and 2.) the only ones who get warned will be as scummy, if not scummier, than the ones who got kicked out of the park. Good riddance to them, I say.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote: After much argument between the parents and the management, the guilty family was given their entire meal free, fast pass for Kilimanjaro, and got to be in the Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade as honored guests.
That just makes me sick. The attendant should have found some witnesses and had the guests removed from the park. It's just wrong.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:33 pm

felinefan wrote:If the guests say they'll tell everybody they know not to patronize Disney...
Please do. Disney doesn't need your business and anyone stupid enough to believe your lame story doesn't need to come to the parks either.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:03 am

hobie16 wrote:Please do. Disney doesn't need your business and anyone stupid enough to believe your lame story doesn't need to come to the parks either.
But it'd be more than that. SGs can (and often do) go to local news stations for the stupidest of things. Disney is this massive entity that everyone wants a piece of, so Disney picks its battles carefully. Even when obviously in the right, Disney will settle just to avoid the bad press.

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:35 am

smart1hermione wrote:Even when obviously in the right, Disney will settle just to avoid the bad press.
And this is where they have lost their way. Once upon a time the Mouse would spend $10,000 just to win a lawsuit they could have settled for $100. They were sending a message: Don't mess with us 'cause we won't just curl up in a ball and shower you with goodies. We'll take you down.

Sadly, they've lost their nads and now take the curl up in a ball approach, and SGs know it and take advantage. I wish they'd switch back before it's too late.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 am

If they do decide to get back that way, they only need make an example of one or two SG Guest, such as pressing for battery on the CM assisting Donald, then PUBLISH it in the paper and make press releases. THEN go after them in civil court for damages.

It would make SG parents think twice about letting the little SG's do such stupid things at the park!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:09 am

Man, if I was there and saw them do that, I'd sock both the parents, and maybe the kids if they thought it was so "funny" to do it to Donald.

I have very little tolerance for stupid stuff like this. Go sock your siblings or something if you wanna do stupid things like that. :mad:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:13 am

Freak wrote:Man, if I was there and saw them do that, I'd sock both the parents, and maybe the kids if they thought it was so "funny" to do it to Donald.

I have very little tolerance for stupid stuff like this. Go sock your siblings or something if you wanna do stupid things like that. :mad:
I agree, as I don't have much tolerance for SG's and their ilk!

Sadly, there are some that think it's "Cute" for the kiddies to do that sort of action.

And others that think they are exempt from the rules, heck some even post here from time to time.

It's amazing how powerful their sense self-justification can be in these situations!

Very sad!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?