Thanks to Disney's Animal Kingdom!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Thanks to Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post by ktulu » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Disney's Animal Kingdom has sent Dallas a new hairy friend, and no, it is not Big Wallaby. The Dallas Zoo got two female gorilla's, one of them from DAK, to give the bachelor male some friends. They do not plan on breeding them due to the number of silver backs in captivity, but I'm sure they will all be happy anyway :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Thanks to Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post by felinefan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Gorillas are endangered, and we need more of them in the world. I'd like to see someone try to break up a pair of gorillas with romance on their minds. :eek:

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

ktulu wrote:Disney's Animal Kingdom has sent Dallas a new hairy friend, and no, it is not Big Wallaby. The Dallas Zoo got two female gorilla's, one of them from DAK, to give the bachelor male some friends. They do not plan on breeding them due to the number of silver backs in captivity, but I'm sure they will all be happy anyway :)
*SNORT>>FUNNY

Hey you can take the flats to see them and see if the female recognizes WW...LOL
Speaking of small visitors we are hosting a traveling Minnie plush this coming week, I dont have the flats but I will take Minnie's pic with a pic of them so you all can see her.

I want to know too...if they are for company only how will they keep them apart if things get a bit "heated" ? LOL

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:01 pm

vixen101485 wrote:*SNORT>>FUNNY

Hey you can take the flats to see them and see if the female recognizes WW...LOL
Speaking of small visitors we are hosting a traveling Minnie plush this coming week, I dont have the flats but I will take Minnie's pic with a pic of them so you all can see her.
Nah, the flats won't be able to make it to the Dallas Zoo, but the did visit the Fort Worth Zoo :) Dallas Zoo still needs lots of work, we went earlier this year and it still just wasn't up to my standards. Plus they recently lost their lion (my fav) and one of their elephants. Not the zoo's fault, but just a couple more strikes against them. However, they DO have a monorail!
I want to know too...if they are for company only how will they keep them apart if things get a bit "heated" ? LOL
Hose? Really, really big stick? Photos of his mother in law? Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day?

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:05 pm

ktulu wrote: ? Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day?
Thank you for the visual right before I was headed to bed. LOL Damnit man if I have nightmares I am hunting down your phone number and calling you at 3 AM (YOUR TIME) :p:

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:35 am

felinefan wrote:Gorillas are endangered, and we need more of them in the world. I'd like to see someone try to break up a pair of gorillas with romance on their minds. :eek:
Maybe the ladies will be on subdermal birth control?

8^)

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:38 am

vixen101485 wrote:Thank you for the visual right before I was headed to bed. LOL Damnit man if I have nightmares I am hunting down your phone number and calling you at 3 AM (YOUR TIME) :p:
I have a 6 week old baby, chances are I'll be up, how 'bout I just call you :D:

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Maybe the ladies will be on subdermal birth control?

8^)
Almost certainly, yes.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 am

Just remember the hippos... Disney tried medical birth control with them and had the males and females together. Fourteen baby hippos later...

That reminds me... if you are in the area, go on the Safari! There are greater flamingo chicks that just hatched in the last couple weeks.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:30 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Just remember the hippos... Disney tried medical birth control with them and had the males and females together. Fourteen baby hippos later...

That reminds me... if you are in the area, go on the Safari! There are greater flamingo chicks that just hatched in the last couple weeks.
Lots of Hot Hippo and Flamingo love at DAK!