Six Flags does the unthinkable

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Six Flags does the unthinkable

Post by dancinghomer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:03 am

So I'm doing my daily amusement park info search among my many sites I regularly check on see this: Six Flags is looking for Thrilleaders. Yes, a park chain has decided to create their own groups of cheerleaders.

But on a positive note Six Flags also updated their disability front of line policy. That story can be seen here. So at least Six Flags is working to prevent people from faking/cheating their way to the front of the lines.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Six Flags does the unthinkable

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:25 pm

dancinghomer wrote:So I'm doing my daily amusement park info search among my many sites I regularly check on see this: Six Flags is looking for Thrilleaders. Yes, a park chain has decided to create their own groups of cheerleaders.

But on a positive note Six Flags also updated their disability front of line policy. That story can be seen here. So at least Six Flags is working to prevent people from faking/cheating their way to the front of the lines.
Oh great! Just hope that Disney dosn't get on the bandwagon!

Arrrrgggghhhh!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:32 pm

Ewe... did it say which parks they're sending them too? Our local amusement park, has been going downhill since Six Flags took over years back...

8^S

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Oh great! Just hope that Disney dosn't get on the bandwagon!

Arrrrgggghhhh!!
Disney got on this bandwagon years ago :D: .

Remember the Mousekateers? Expect to see them begin to pop up in the parks again, lol (though hopefully, they pick new people, instead of unleashing Brittany Spears on all of us again).

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Ewe... did it say which parks they're sending them too? Our local amusement park, has been going downhill since Six Flags took over years back...

8^S
The page I linked was from Great Adventure which is my local park, but I did also notice the Thrilleader stuff on the main Six Flags page so I'm assuming they are trying to get them at all the big parks.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:01 pm

glendalais wrote:(though hopefully, they pick new people, instead of unleashing Brittany Spears on all of us again).
:puke2:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:12 am

glendalais wrote:Disney got on this bandwagon years ago :D: .

Remember the Mousekateers? Expect to see them begin to pop up in the parks again, lol (though hopefully, they pick new people, instead of unleashing Brittany Spears on all of us again).
Sorry, but I don't buy it. The mousekateers were nothing like the mindless SG cheerleaders! Do not even think that about Annette!!! or Karen, or....

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:05 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Sorry, but I don't buy it. The mousekateers were nothing like the mindless SG cheerleaders! Do not even think that about Annette!!! or Karen, or....
... Darlene, or Sharon, or Doreen, or....

Here's a list of the rest of them, with a few interesting comments.

http://www.menziesera.com/people/mickey ... eteers.htm

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:17 pm

One of my sisters is named for Annette Funicello (and I bet she's had lots of people tell her that) because my older brother and sister were such big Mickey Mouse Club fans.

And if you think it's bad what happened to Darlene, I remember reading that women who've played Snow White or Cinderella didn't live such Disney-esque lives afterward.