It's Walt Disney World stupid...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

It's Walt Disney World stupid...

Post by PapaMouse » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:36 pm

God how I hate it when people think that the MK is "Disney world" and the Studios is Universal, and today Someone called AK Bush Gardens. :banghead: . If your going on a trip there AT LEAST learn the park names and realize that it is ALL Walt Disney World.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: It's Walt Disney World stupid...

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Yeah, that's a normal one for us, or at least it was when I was in buses.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by crystal_crtr » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:50 pm

I have to admit that when I was much younger than I am now I thought the Magic Kingdom was Disney World. In my defense though that is all we would go to when we would go. Last year, when I grew up, I started planning my first family trip as the mommy and boy was I shocked at how wrong I was. I now know and make sure that my husband and daughter know the difference.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney[/font]

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:58 pm

If you have never made the trip to WDW, a lot of people think that they are one in the same (MK and WDW) I have talked with a lot of people at work that don't know the difference, but then again, they would probably be SG's if they went, just like you described!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:56 pm

I can kinda see getting a little confused if the last time the person went to WDW was when the Magic Kingdom was the only park. Then again a coworker knew the difference even though she hadn't been since the '70s when she went a few months back.

I can also sorta (only sorta) see confusing Universal and DHS since they both have "Studios" in their names and are in the Orlando area. Now, calling DAK Bush Gardens really takes the cake considering Bush Gardens is in Tampa and a long ways from WDW and the names are completely different.

My question is why would somebody spend as much as a trip to the World costs and not research it beforehand, so they will at least kinda know what they are in for?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:15 pm

I like it when people come to Typhoon and don't know why their Sea World tickets will not work in the turnstiles.

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Shorty82 wrote:...My question is why would somebody spend as much as a trip to the World costs and not research it beforehand, so they will at least kinda know what they are in for?
My point exactly.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:I like it when people come to Typhoon and don't know why their Sea World tickets will not work in the turnstiles.
My word, that takes the cake. It takes an extra stupid individual to confuse a water park with a place like Sea World.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Shorty82 wrote:My question is why would somebody spend as much as a trip to the World costs and not research it beforehand, so they will at least kinda know what they are in for?
I understand what you are saying, but, remember that we are a minority. Too most people you talk too, WDW is an Amusement/Theme Park. A place to go and have fun. They would not ever be able to comprehend that they needed to do homework before they left, and probably would tend to scoff at the idea. We are the obsessed one's, they are just going on a fun vacation. The amount of money they spent makes them even less likely to "read up" on the place. For that kind of money they shouldn't have to work at it.
GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:If you have never made the trip to WDW, a lot of people think that they are one in the same (MK and WDW) I have talked with a lot of people at work that don't know the difference, but then again, they would probably be SG's if they went, just like you described!
As much as I hate to bring it up...I was watching one of the older Samantha Brown shows on WDW. She, and I can forgive her, got on one of the boats from one of the resorts headed for Magic Kingdom, I think. Anyway, she got on the boat and as it was pulling away from the dock, she yelled out.."I'm going to Walt Disney World. It went through what was probably hours of editing and no one notice the error. Like I said, I can forgive Sam because, well, I love her and will someday marry her and I think that if she thinks that the Magic Kingdom is WDW, the they should change things and make it so. I'm just saying!

:goofy: :goofy:

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:...As much as I hate to bring it up...I was watching one of the older Samantha Brown shows on WDW. She, and I can forgive her, got on one of the boats from one of the resorts headed for Magic Kingdom, I think. Anyway, she got on the boat and as it was pulling away from the dock, she yelled out.."I'm going to Walt Disney World. It went through what was probably hours of editing and no one notice the error. Like I said, I can forgive Sam because, well, I love her and will someday marry her and I think that if she thinks that the Magic Kingdom is WDW, the they should change things and make it so. I'm just saying!

I think Kevin O Leary might have something to say about that. But I know what you mean she is cute as hell.