Shows and SGs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Shows and SGs

Post by hhsrat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Below are a few actual conversations that I've had this week with guests when I've been at the greeter position of a large theater-style attraction.

SG: Why can't I get in?
Me: The show is completely full
SG: Can't you make room for just 4 more?
Me: The show is completely full. There are no seats left
SG: But it's our last day here.
Me: Unfortunately, there are no seats, I can't allow anyone else into the theater.
SG: Not even 4?
Me: Ma'am, the show started 10 minutes ago, the theater filled 5 minutes before that, and I've turned away over a thousand people since then.

---
SG (trying to enter filled 16:15 show, with FP from 14:15 show): Can I come in? I've got a Fastpass
Me: I'm sorry, this show is full.
SG: But I've got a fastpass. (waves fastpass in my face)
Me: Yes, you do. And that fastpass says to come back between 1:25 and 1:35. It's now 4:10, and there are no more seats left in the theater.
SG: But every other ride lets me use expired fastpasses.
Me: Yes sir, I understand that. But rides have a flexibility to allow that, shows do not.
SG: Can't you make an exception?
Me: No, I'm sorry. The show is completely full.
SG: (rips up FP and throws it in my face) This is a waste of time.

---
Me: I'm sorry folks, the show is completely full, I can't allow anyone else into the theater.
SG: But why did you just let that guy in? (pointing to manager who is going into the theater)
Me: Sir, that's my manager. He's working. He's not going to be sitting down and watching the show.

---
SG: But my family is in there, and they're saving me a seat.
Me: I have 5,000 seats in this stadium. I have 5,000 people in this stadium. So, for every seat they're trying to save, there's someone in there that's standing up, and can't find a seat because you chose to split up your party.
SG: (stunned silence)

---
SG: Why are the parks so busy?

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Shows and SGs

Post by vixen101485 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:36 pm

Poor rat you were having a bad week. LOL I have to admit my favorite was the manager one tho. ***shakes head **** Makes ya wonder about ppl sometimes dont it?

OT...Did you ever get those pics of Meghyn developed/downloaded.? Our computer is a PITA and I cant access our pics (and may loose all of them) I have a loaner for a while.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Again, seeing that kind of SG action, my hats of ta youse guys!!

(You should have taken the fastpass and written "return at ---" and put in a time after the park closed!!!)

AND DONT SIGN YOUR NAME!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:08 pm

hhsrat wrote:SG: Why are the parks so busy?
Really really good marketing!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:22 pm

hobie16 wrote:Really really good marketing!
Or bad time of the year!

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:24 pm

hhsrat wrote:SG: Why are the parks so busy?
We heard you were coming and didn't want you to feel lonely. So we went out and hired 25,000 hollywood extras to follow you around and keep you company. :D:

Randy

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:27 pm

Randy B wrote:We heard you were coming and didn't want you to feel lonely. So we went out and hired 25,000 hollywood extras to follow you around and keep you company. :D:

Randy
Even better!! OR: "they made an announcement for free admission when they heard you were coming here!!"

hehehe

Probably get a complaint filed!!

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:45 am

Gotta love it..we saw the fireworks "show" Holiday Wishes duringt he party..whatever.

anyway, we're watching from the tomorrowland bridge and these people standing right behind me, and literally, i elbowed her a few times, kept a running commentary...on the firworks.

SG: "oh, see the heart? look a heart! look a heart!!"
Sg: "did you see the smiley face?"

ugh...ruined my video. wanted to turn around and yell "YES WE SAW THE DANGED HEART! IT WAS HEART SHAPED! NOW SHUT UP AND LET EVERYONE ELSE ENJOY!!! HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:51 am

ectomstr wrote:Gotta love it..we saw the fireworks "show" Holiday Wishes duringt he party..whatever.

anyway, we're watching from the tomorrowland bridge and these people standing right behind me, and literally, i elbowed her a few times, kept a running commentary...on the firworks.

SG: "oh, see the heart? look a heart! look a heart!!"
Sg: "did you see the smiley face?"

ugh...ruined my video. wanted to turn around and yell "YES WE SAW THE DANGED HEART! IT WAS HEART SHAPED! NOW SHUT UP AND LET EVERYONE ELSE ENJOY!!! HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"
Thats when you need a souvineer cup full of water, and "loose" your balance...Ooopsss sorry, my bad, your all wet!! better go dry off!! (hehehe)
(must be done with a straight face!!)

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:46 pm

AHHHHH the joys of Fastpass at shows :banghead:

We have the opposite here at Philhar. People think the FP times are the show times. Nope... shows run every 10 minutes so you can come back anytime between your FP time and the most you'll be waiting is 10 minutes.

IMO we shouldn't have fastpass at Philhar. We don;t have space for any more extended queue in the carrousel/philhar bottleneck and without fastpass the queue wont extend any further than the wait time sign. We seat about 500 per show, so the standard FP ratio works out well but without those people in FP and having them in the standby line we could keep it moving and prevent congestion in that bottleneck.

Same thing at Wishes ropes hhsrat, "Why does he get to cross the ropes*pointing to a skyshow or fireworks CM*?" Because if he didn't we'd have no fireworks show :rolleyes: Even other CMs (no offense but custodial and merch are the worst offenders, sorry) complain and try to hop the ropes.

PS: Good luck to anyone working PAC over the next few nights, we're gonna need it!

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?