Toto, We're not in Amity Anymore

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Toto, We're not in Amity Anymore

Post by Theme Park Where » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:28 pm

There is an area in the back of Disney MGM Studios that often gets the guests confused. It looks like a dead end so Disney decided to put a cast member out there during the day to answer guest questions and help give directions. That job became part of the work rotation for those of us working the Honey I Shrunk the Kids children’s playground.

I was working the New York Street position one afternoon when a lady came up with a map in her hand.

“Where’s the ride with the shark?” the lady asked.

“Oh,” I said, “I think you’re thinking of Jaws. It’s over at Universal Studios which isn’t part of the Disney parks.

“No,” she insisted. “Not Jaws, the one where you ride the boat and the shark jumps out of the water at you.”

“Yes,” I reiterated, “That’s Jaws. It’s over at Universal, not here.”

“No,” she was getting angry! “The one where you go into the boat house and then they blow up the gas tank!”

“Ma’am, that’s Jaws at Universal!” I insisted.

“No, the one where they cook the shark at the end with the gas explosion!”

“I’m sorry, ma’am, but that IS the Jaws ride at Universal.”

“NO IT ISN’T!” She huffed. “You don’t know your own park very well!” And she stormed off!

“Have a magical day!” I hollered after her! I wonder if she ever found the ride with the shark?

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Toto, We're not in Amity Anymore

Post by Syndrome » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:13 pm

You should have sent her to the snorkeling reef at Typhoon Lagoon. I can just imagine her lambasting the lifeguards because she has to swim instead of riding in a boat and because the sharks don't jump at her or get burned up by propane.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:48 pm

Gotta love it when the guests are convinced they are right no matter what you say! I can completely understand how someone would make the mistake of looking for the Jaws ride at MGM, mixed up a few attractions myself :o: , but to keep insisting that it is there after being told its at universal is just ridiculous.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:52 pm

Today I was dropping off from Animal Kingdom at Saratoga Springs. Man comes up at Congress Park (the fourth of five stops there), asking if this is the Beach Club. I told him no, it wasn't that he must have boarded the wrong bus. He told me he had been waiting in the Beach Club load zone, to which I replied that I was sorry, but at AK the Beach Club is part of Load Zone 2 and I had departed from 4. Now, rather pissed, he asked how he should get there, to which I replied that the Downtown Disney bus was (physically) right behind me, and that would get him to DTD where he could transfer easily. He stormed off the bus and down the path, and neither I nor the DTD bus driver saw him again.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:30 am

Didn't a huge shark take a vacation at Sea World in one movie ?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 am

I guess he took a taxi! You know it is your fault you went to the wrong destination, you should have read his mind and knew he wanted to go to Beach Club.

Seriously, how can anybody screw up Saratoga Springs and Beach Club? The names are nothing alike! He had to ignore I don't know how many signs and being told the destination to get onto your bus. There's the sign on each stop naming what busses stop at that loadzone, the sign on front of the bus, the sign on the side of the bus, you maybe telling the destination to everybody as they get on, you announcing the destination at least once before leaving, MiMs talking about the destination, and probably a few more notices.

Guess he figured he could ignore all signage and announcements as he was on vacation and let luck get him to where he wanted to go.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

JustSomeGuyTN
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by JustSomeGuyTN » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:12 am

What about this. The woman obviously didn't know where she was. She became irate and agressive. Wouldn't it be appropriate to call security and have her handcuffed and removed from the park. You know to protect the lady and others from herself? :twisted:
Theme Park Where wrote:There is an area in the back of Disney MGM Studios that often gets the guests confused. It looks like a dead end so Disney decided to put a cast member out there during the day to answer guest questions and help give directions. That job became part of the work rotation for those of us working the Honey I Shrunk the Kids children’s playground.

I was working the New York Street position one afternoon when a lady came up with a map in her hand.

“Where’s the ride with the shark?” the lady asked.

“Oh,” I said, “I think you’re thinking of Jaws. It’s over at Universal Studios which isn’t part of the Disney parks.

“No,” she insisted. “Not Jaws, the one where you ride the boat and the shark jumps out of the water at you.”

“Yes,” I reiterated, “That’s Jaws. It’s over at Universal, not here.”

“No,” she was getting angry! “The one where you go into the boat house and then they blow up the gas tank!”

“Ma’am, that’s Jaws at Universal!” I insisted.

“No, the one where they cook the shark at the end with the gas explosion!”

“I’m sorry, ma’am, but that IS the Jaws ride at Universal.”

“NO IT ISN’T!” She huffed. “You don’t know your own park very well!” And she stormed off!

“Have a magical day!” I hollered after her! I wonder if she ever found the ride with the shark?

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:46 am

The customer is always right.
You should have sent her to EPCOT, theres sharks in the Nemo ride, maybe thats what she wanted. They even talk.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:47 am

I also had a lady rip into me because her Universal tickets didn't get her into MGM. That was almost two months ago, though. Couldn't be the same person.

I mean, c'mon! They don't even really have similar theming!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:02 am

JustSomeGuyTN wrote:What about this. The woman obviously didn't know where she was. She became irate and agressive. Wouldn't it be appropriate to call security and have her handcuffed and removed from the park. You know to protect the lady and others from herself? :twisted:
I like it!! "Ma'am, you're obviously delusional. Come have a seat in this nice air-conditioned (and padded) ambulance!" :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter