Nights of Felons AKA Nights of Joy.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Nights of Felons AKA Nights of Joy.

Post by Cranbiz » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:13 am

Having just experience my first Nights of Joy All I can say is "WOW, these people are Christians?"

Let me tell you, I saw more stuff stolen, damages or vandalized these two nights that I have ever seen before. The language being used was worse than any truck stop. Then there was the fights. Not just the kids either.

I got stuck at Bus Info at the TTC from 12:30 to 1:30 this morning and the threats that I got because "Disney won't supply us a bus to the (Inserts name of Offsite hotel here)" was just unbelievable.

If I never work a Night of Joy again, it will be too soon.

BTW the K9's were very busy tonight and so was Orange County hauling away the kids singled out by the puppies.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: Nights of Felons AKA Nights of Joy.

Post by Randy B » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:30 am

Cranbiz wrote:Having just experience my first Nights of Joy All I can say is "WOW, these people are Christians?"
Isn't it interresting that these are the same individuals that, at home, will loudly profess that their perfect knowledge of their own book(s) of devine pronouncements (of whatever type) make them perfect and thus immune to any faults. And due to them being infallable anyone who follows another (even slight) variation of devine pronouncement must be wrong and be brought to the "correct" belief by what ever means neccissary. (shakes head in disgust) I am a firm believer in a philosophy I have read in many forms. Good done in the name of evil is still good, and evil done in the name of good is still evil. I would much rather judge each individual by their actions than in what they profess. It makes no difference to me what the name of "the good" is, as long as the actions are towards less harm, more understanding, and acceptance that no "one way" is correct for everyone.

It makes no difference that these individuals cited in Cran's post claim to be "christians", their actions prove them to be much more in tune with the "evil" side.

I'm no saint but I try.

And that's enough philosophy from me. :D:

Randy

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:33 am

Let us get the facts straight about Night of Joy and religious outreach programs. Church puts on fundamentalist Baptist dress and starts explaining.

There are two sides to Night of Joy. The first and original side was that it was a private time for devoutly religious right wing Christians to go to WDW without the bad people. A night of good clean fun without ladies hanging out of the hot pants and tube tops. No cussing tonsil sucking weirdos. Just like one would fine at church on a Friday night.

The second side is the evil side you see and comes from outreach and evangelism, etc. Now for me to address that.

The way to get people to Christ is through winning souls for Chirst. We do this by handing out tracts, going door knocking which is where we meet people and invite them to our church, and outreach programs.

The most common of these programs is Sunday School and Youth ministry. To get kids to come and stay in the church a youth leader might have free games, fairs, trips, camp and gifts. Kids and their parents come to church for a barbecue and leave with a full belly and hopefully salvation. The kid goes to camp for free. Night of Joy is one of the things that churches use to get people to listen to the plan of salvation, etc.

=========================================
=========================================

That said what about the first side I mentioned. The ideal Christian walks with the Lord and does not bitch, gripe, complain, steal, fight, insult, etc.

We are not perfect and many of us are backsliders or people who were trained from childhood to do things even if those things are wrong.
========================

1998 and I had them people at Night of Joy thump my brand new white rental car and leave a dent. Not too nice they were.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:56 am

I can agree with your post. Those who can not only quote their religion but can also live their religion are to be commended. Unfortunately many of those who are most vocal, in my experience, tend to use their education to condem others while professing that they must be perfect as they "Believe". I fully recognize that none of us are perfect and there will be instances when actions and belief will divert. But I have noticed that most if not all religin=ons have as a basic premise that it is wrong to kill or harm others. Yet more people hae been hurt or killed or wars fought because of a religious difference of opinion than most any other "reason".

So I can agree that the purpose of the NOJ may have been originally a night to enjoy relaxing and enjoying the company of those with similar beliefs, from the reports I have heard from many sources is that the purpose has been badly subverted. Now it has become a "treat" to entice those with no strong convictions. When those with poor ethical socialization skills are brought together in large numbers with poor supervision, chaos is almost inevidable.

It's not much different than the large groups of poorly supervised Brazillian teens, or cheerleaders, etc who have all gotten their turn of flames around here. I admit that not all individuals of any of these communities are as bad as the postings indicate. But the bad ones definately give a bad impressin for all. There are probably many groups of teen brazillain cheerleaders who have come to the parks, had fun and caused no trouble. but since they behaved, they were not noticed. ;)

Randy

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:00 pm

I'm with you Churchy on this.
Ask the misbehaving kids why they are there, and I know it is not worship.
Ask the same kids if they are a Christian, and you will get two responses:
1. No.
2. Shuts up and starts behaving.

Kurt

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:12 pm

"Actions speak louder than words."

If you act like the :twisted: , people will see you as the :twisted: no matter what comes out of your purty little mouth!

"Good Doggy" to the K-9s.... :D:
Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:54 pm

Being someone from the same belief system, I got a lot of church business when I was in the motor coach industry. If you're looking for a good group to trash your bus, pick up a church high school ministry group, because you'll spend the next two week period finding stuff in every nook and crannie on the bus, even after a week of deep cleaning. Fortunately, often it was my own church so I could say something to the youth pastor, and he'd take care of it. But of course, if you're not part of the church saying that from the outside, you'll have the group praying for your salvation that night, because you obviously are offended by Christians.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Most of these kids are also away from their parents, some of which may be extremely strict, so you know how that goes :)

Most of these kids are just taught to say stuff, but they really don't have Jesus in their heart.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:29 pm

mechurchlady wrote: That said what about the first side I mentioned. The ideal Christian walks with the Lord and does not bitch, gripe, complain, steal, fight, insult, etc.
Wow, you have never been to a catholic priest's night out, have you?

Fr Corey+

JustZac
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by JustZac » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:38 pm

All I have to say that, irregardless of faith, those kids are naughty. One of the new CPs broke up eight kids behind Stitch starting up an orgy. TTA had an intrusion every hour, until they decided to shut it down, which it was supposed to be down for the private party.