watashi wa nihon ni imasu.

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

watashi wa nihon ni imasu.

Post by ktulu » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:02 am

I made it safely, 13 hours later of sitting on a plane staring out the window (actually I watched 3 movies, read the stupid magazines the put on the planes AND stared out the window). It's raining, so I'm chilling in my small room. It's not too bad, and it's really perfect for one person I guess.

I turned on the TV, only one station in english. Yeah yeah, I knew to expect it. This is a Tokyo Disneyland good neighbor hotel, so there is a channel about Tokyo Disneyland. Anyway, I guess I will go find something fun to do. Sadly, it does not involve Tokyo Disneyland today :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: watashi wa nihon ni imasu.

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:04 am

ktulu wrote:Tokyo Disneyland today :)
Your wife is going to kill you, you know.

Glad you made it there safely. Don't get beat up by the monkeys that roam the streets there.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Have fun somehow. What are you going to get as souvenirs for the rest of us? I already got some "sushi" lollipops from a japanese couple that came to Plaza Inn a couple days ago. One is 'salmon' and the other is 'egg' Haven't eaten them yet either.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:14 pm

Purpura wrote:Have fun somehow. What are you going to get as souvenirs for the rest of us? I already got some "sushi" lollipops from a japanese couple that came to Plaza Inn a couple days ago. One is 'salmon' and the other is 'egg' Haven't eaten them yet either.
Break off a piece and give it to Darph. I am sure he would not mind being the taste tester for a lady.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:22 pm

Purpura wrote:Have fun somehow. What are you going to get as souvenirs for the rest of us? I already got some "sushi" lollipops from a japanese couple that came to Plaza Inn a couple days ago. One is 'salmon' and the other is 'egg' Haven't eaten them yet either.
Souvenirs!?! I may share the photos I take. So far I've taken one of my foot in the slippers that do not fit and the amazing mirror that does not fog up.

Oh, and photos from the plane on the way over, mainly of Canada and Alaska stuff, like Glaciers. Camera is going with me today as well. We're going via Shinjuku, which is the worlds busiest train station. Woo.

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:42 pm

so glad to hear you made it safe and sound!! Please keep us up to date on your wearabouts...

and don't catch anything..

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:52 am

I shouldn't say it.

But I'm going to, anyway.

"Caw! Caw! <cough, cough, hack hack COUGH!> Caw!"

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:32 am

Today had a yummy lunch of tempura fried right in front of us. The place sat maybe 12 people total.

Dinner was a whole bunch of different food. Sashimi to tempura to bean curd. The artery was chewy and weird, so I only tried one piece.

It's just been meetings all day today, and more meetings tomorrow. I'm going to head home a day early. There is a typhoon heading this way and while I'll be here when it hits, all it's going to do is cause rain. Plus I have lots of things to get done before our WDW trip! My big presentation is tomorrow. Woo.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:40 am

Big presentation was done today. It was very successful. Typhoon fitow is going to stop by Japan for a visit. 99.9% humidity and rain rain rain has been the order of the day. I sat in a conference where all that was spoke was Japanese, except for this one presentation that was just amazing. That guy spoke english very well and the quality of his presentation was truly a work of art.

Lunch meetings, another meeting with a VP who is very high level followed by a demonstration of a new tool developed by some really nice people and a dinner that was filled with sushi, sashimi, pasta and other tasty foods. Oh, and beer.

Darph, you would love drinking with the Japanese. You never pour your own beer, and they make sure it stays full.

While I miss my wife and little girl, I think that a part of my will regret leaving tomorrow instead of Saturday, but I will get to experience a bit more of Tokyo as I am going to shop for gifts. The people here are unique and I am glad I had this experience to learn and share in their culture.

When I return home, I will report on my trip to Akihabara and possibly a trip to Tokyo Disneyland (but not into the parks, just to shop and visit)

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:22 am

ktulu wrote:When I return home, I will report on my trip to Akihabara and possibly a trip to Tokyo Disneyland (but not into the parks, just to shop and visit)
I was going to mention going there! Make sure you get up to the level level. I've never been there, but I have heard stories of the place.

(He'll be heading home before he reads this, right? Time change and all).