Dear Fellow And Lady Cast Members :)

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Dear Fellow And Lady Cast Members :)

Post by Purpura » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:17 am

I don't know if I served you at any of the Disney Cast Eateries (And this before the outsourcing takes over all the eateries) However, I just wanted to say that I was pleased to serve you over different shifts at the eateries. I'm at Inn Between all week, but I'll be at Plaza Inn after the change over takes over Inn Between. I love you guys and gals. Seeya on your breaks/lunches :)

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Dear Fellow And Lady Cast Members :)

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:00 pm

Outsourcing cast dining is another one of Disney's dumb ideas. The cast dining at WDW just really sucks. :twisted: Don't try to eat at Westgate after 1:30pm, it's closed.

The only good place that I have found is Nicks at PI. The food is good and reasonable, the atmosphere sucks but what I really want is good food not atmosphere.

I have heard that Pride Rock at AKL is good but have not experienced it yet.

The Mousecateria is bad and the Main St Bistro should be condemed.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:12 am

Pride Rock is cool, when they're open. I had my 10-81 at about 6:00 tonight, and it was closed, when DAK had EMH.

I've decided that Aramark is not actually there to serve the Cast, but just to be open when most of the managers are around.

As far as Main Street Bistro, I can't say anything good about it, either.

The other thing, if they're going to make TV Dinners available in the machines, at least leave a fork or two for us.

Castasaurus is actually Disney owned at DAK. I plan to make a lunch date there soon.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:34 am

Honestly, with regards to outsourcing the Cast Dining to Aramark (crappy company, what the hell was going through the minds of the bean counters in Burbank,) Disney's going to find this backfiring on them when the food goes even further to crap and the prices get raised so much that all the rank and file cast members stop eating there (I'm sure they still get a percentage of the profits from the cafeterias.)

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:47 am

Aramark runs the local eatery here in my office building, the only good thing about it is I won $500 for submitting an name for their new identity (new paint, signs and chef, same crappy food!) At least I can drive out of the building and eat lunch and take as much time as I need.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:13 pm

Last night one of the people in a photopass costume came up and told me and another fellow foods department cast member at one of the counters that he went to another of the Cast Eateries at DCA and had to pay four dollars and some cents for his meal... and that he was going to be coming back over to Inn Between every day to eat since it is cheaper... for now...

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:20 pm

Purpura wrote:Last night one of the people in a photopass costume came up and told me and another fellow foods department cast member at one of the counters that he went to another of the Cast Eateries at DCA and had to pay four dollars and some cents for his meal... and that he was going to be coming back over to Inn Between every day to eat since it is cheaper... for now...
The good old Inn Between is a heck of a walk from DCA - even if at north & with tram. No 30 min lunch if a cross over. DCA never had the menu Inn Between has. I'm not sure how I'll survive this change financially. I just HATE this change! :twisted: Have been dreading it since they announced at check - in during March or April. The Roach Coach will now be my choice although their hrs. aren't as convenient. As for forks & spoons in break rooms? This will be a cold day in July! :eek: Can't keep them stocked with cold water & napkins as it is now. DAMN! Just DAMN! :( :mad:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:09 pm

Main Streeter wrote:The good old Inn Between is a heck of a walk from DCA - even if at north & with tram. No 30 min lunch if a cross over. DCA never had the menu Inn Between has. I'm not sure how I'll survive this change financially. I just HATE this change! :twisted: Have been dreading it since they announced at check - in during March or April. The Roach Coach will now be my choice although their hrs. aren't as convenient. As for forks & spoons in break rooms? This will be a cold day in July! :eek: Can't keep them stocked with cold water & napkins as it is now. DAMN! Just DAMN! :( :mad:
I can run by my office and grab a couple handfuls of plastic forks, spoons and knives for you :) I'd grab the boxes of them they have out, but that'd be a bit obvious...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:33 pm

CBeilby wrote:Honestly, with regards to outsourcing the Cast Dining to Aramark (crappy company, what the hell was going through the minds of the bean counters in Burbank,) Disney's going to find this backfiring on them when the food goes even further to crap and the prices get raised so much that all the rank and file cast members stop eating there (I'm sure they still get a percentage of the profits from the cafeterias.)

From what I've heard among the rumor mill it might have something to do with Ms. Eisner sitting on the board or owning a lot of stock in Aramark. I don't know how true that is, but it sure would explain a lot.

What do you mean you won't smile for the camera?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Aramark was bought out by a group of investors in December, 2006. If Ms. Eisner holds stock or is on the board of GS Capital Partners, CCMP Capital Advisors, J.P. Morgan Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners or Warburg Pincus LLC there may be a connection.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.