Your Not-So-Stupid Tricks

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
CelebrationNM
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Your Not-So-Stupid Tricks

Post by CelebrationNM » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:44 pm

Does anybody have any cool guest-service "things" that they do? Some comment, joke, spiel...something fun and DIFFERENT...to make the simple things you do every day, on transportation, in dining, at retail checkouts more interesting for yourself and the Guests?

(On a flight last week the flight attendent introduced himself as "Bob, also known as Nancy." Sure enough, this guy he had two nametags on. Why? I have no idea. But it was funny, and people laughed. I don't remember any flight attendent out of the 5 I've had during the past week, but I remember Bob.)

I know this all has a lot to do with individual personalities (of both CMs and guests), but there must be something that gets a laugh (almost) every time? I'm asking selfishly, because I want to steal your ideas and try them out.

(Okay, back to the stupid stuff now.)
Nick

PattyA
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Your Not-So-Stupid Tricks

Post by PattyA » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm

Ummm...Here are some retail ones I have personally been involved in.

Those buying alcohol are told I can sell it in the express line any longer due to the new state law. (My ultimate fun April fools joke that NEVER fails me.)
Problem is the boss no longer works me on 4-1, don't know why) :twisted:

I tell anyone with more than the limit that I charge double for items over.
How long you keep a straight face is the key to any good joke.

If someone really pisses me off, I respond with the sugary sweetest voice for them to have a WONDERFUL DAY. I then say "Drive real safe out there...lots of crazy drivers" :twisted: ;) They don't know how to repond.

The guys wear girl tags, girls wears guys.(Before crack down on 'professional image' came around)

Summer time we carries water guns.
Winter time it was rubberbands. (Until a stupid dumb ass shot another employee in the eye)

We always have employees teasing each other.
But the fun comes once in awahile that I include the customers. like I will team up with a spouse to pick on the other. Hand the change to the opposite customer.

When I do pick on someone, I always tell them my store is like family...always someone there to abuse you! :p: I have only had 1 complaint and that was because I thought the guy was teasing me so I gave it right back...he didn't like losing that control, so he got pissy. I don't take crap from anyone.

Nice things..
I have customers(usually old men) who give the clerks tootie rolls or other candies. I have also bought stickers or stamps to share with the kids.

I double coupons for those who don't have any.
I may suppy other coupons for customers when they have been held up behind a "stupid guest/customer" and thank them for being so patient and kind. (Yes, I have had my share of people who are loud and whinny right infront of those who need extra help.)