It's raining!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Sparky86
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

It's raining!

Post by Sparky86 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:12 pm

I get a kick out of people who say its raining here in So. Cal. First off it hardly ever rains here. In order for it to rain all the dots on the ground have to connect at once. You get a little light drizzle or a few drops here and there...there is a mad rush of guest who must buy a poncho or umbrella.

Its even funner when guest get on the water rides wearing the ponchos.

You'd think they would ment like the witch from Wizard of Oz.

[font=Fixedsys]I always know where I’m going…I just don’t always know how to get there. :confused:

Please don't poke the CMs:poke: ...it might provoke them :chair: :buttkick: :duh:[/font]

If you ask a dumb question, you're going to get no answer.

Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: It's raining!

Post by Moonliner » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:06 am

In the south we call it 'spittin' rain'. I've always told my kids, "People pay good money to get this wet at the water parks!" BTW I like your definition of 'raining' - when the spots on the ground touch! I'm gonna steal that!

Sparky86
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Sparky86 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:35 am

Moonliner wrote:In the south we call it 'spittin' rain'. I've always told my kids, "People pay good money to get this wet at the water parks!" BTW I like your definition of 'raining' - when the spots on the ground touch! I'm gonna steal that!

Tell the guest "if you dont want to get wet and spend the money for a poncho, just run between the rain drops" Its lame but funny.

[font=Fixedsys]I always know where I’m going…I just don’t always know how to get there. :confused:

Please don't poke the CMs:poke: ...it might provoke them :chair: :buttkick: :duh:[/font]

If you ask a dumb question, you're going to get no answer.

disney_dani
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disney_dani » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Sparky86 wrote:Tell the guest "if you dont want to get wet and spend the money for a poncho, just run between the rain drops" Its lame but funny.

What do you mean? Why don't you gusy put the dome up that covers Disneyland? :badmood: (A SG asked me in all seriousness to do so when I worked at WDW) :hysteria:

disney_dani
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disney_dani » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:25 pm

Sparky86 wrote:Tell the guest "if you dont want to get wet and spend the money for a poncho, just run between the rain drops" Its lame but funny.

[font=Courier New]What do you mean? Why don't you guys put the dome up that covers Disneyland? :badmood: (A SG asked me in all seriousness to do so when I worked at WDW) :hysteria:[/font]

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:01 pm

It's funny, at the sight of rain, guests either run inside and buy ponchos, or the park just empty out and there is like no one in the park because everybody went home, lol!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:05 pm

Early Mon. rain was pouring when we walked. East manager tore off those huge clear trash bags & gave us all one with a candy pop. Thought this was cool. :cool: Harbor Point Security winked & said; "Isn't this company property you all are taking? Yes, night." :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:29 am

disney_dani wrote:[font=Courier New]What do you mean? Why don't you guys put the dome up that covers Disneyland?[/font]
No, it is not a dome, it is a giant umbrella. Unfortunately it was damaged in the last storm and has been returned to the manufacturer for repair under warranty and has not come back yet..

disney_dani
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disney_dani » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:No, it is not a dome, it is a giant umbrella. Unfortunately it was damaged in the last storm and has been returned to the manufacturer for repair under warranty and has not come back yet..

[font=Courier New]Oh..Okay.....So, why don't you put up the dome, then? :notallthe[/font]

;)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:11 pm

[quote="disney_dani"][font=Courier New]Oh..Okay.....So, why don't you put up the dome, then? :notallthe[/font]

]I've always liked the line (I think I read it here) that the dome is so thin (it is transparent, after all), that flying birds poke holes in it and Disney won't know where the holes are until it rains. :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter