Where are the fireworks

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
pinkprincess1975
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Where are the fireworks

Post by pinkprincess1975 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:51 pm

I spent four summers working at the magic kingdom and I can not count how many times I heard "Where are the fireworks?" Gee... in the sky? "Can I see them from here?" Ummm...if you look up

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Where are the fireworks

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:10 pm

EXACTLY!!! That's my answer!!! Where else can they me?? LOL. On the ground?? In the water?? Up in the trees?? :D

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:43 pm

Yep, usually all in the sky. Sometimes those fireworks can be sneaky and end up inside in the Mexico Pavillion. Usually you can see them in the Magic Kingdom, or using your eyes.

So wheres the best place to watch the fireworks? Usually somewhere where you can see the sky. Possibly outside (Except in the case where it is in Mexico Pavillion).

Yeah... I hate that question.

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

Mansion Butler
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mansion Butler » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:20 pm

I actually was never bothered by this question. I know that they really meant where can we see the fireworks from. If they've never been there, they don't necessarily know that it's a show you can see everywhere, and even if they do assume that, they're probably just asking where the best place to watch them is.

I think it's alot to expect someone to always phrase every question correctly. I've seen plenty of people give the sarcastic "in the sky" answer and then get an angry, offended guest respond with "I mean where should I watch them from." I always thought this was pretty horrible grounds to insult a guest on.

I actually did give the "in the sky" answer, but I would make sure it was obvious I was joking with them. I don't like making fun of guests unless they're actually stupid or jerky.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:31 am

Just tell them,"in my pants", or "In my shorts,after chilly dogs and beer". :twisted:

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:05 am

...But "In the sky" is a very accurate answer and should satisfy the guest, since they can see them anywhere they can see the sky in MK. Most of them don't believe it because most other (non-Disney) firework shows are pretty small and you cant see them too well if not in the right spot. Hell, if they'd look on their TIMES GUIDE it says:

Wishes(R)
9:00pm
Excelent viewing locations in FRONTIERLAND, LIBERTY SQUARE, and TOMORROWLAND.

That answers two questions with one peice of paper.
Gotta love when they ask me where they should watch them from though. Personally I like the firework view in Toontown and by the Carrousel (behind and infront of you). Most people want to see tinkerbell though, and not have neck cramps from the twisting.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of the fireworks (Except HalloWishes!)

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:26 am

bpgstudios wrote:Hell, if they'd look on their TIMES GUIDE it says:

Wishes(R)
9:00pm
Excelent viewing locations in FRONTIERLAND, LIBERTY SQUARE, and TOMORROWLAND.
Yeah, BOTH the SHOW SCHEDULE and the spiels say that the fireworks take place in "the skies above Disneyland!"

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Mansion Butler
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mansion Butler » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:42 pm

I just honestly don't think it's a bad, stupid or annoying enough question to have a problem with it. I always liked Walt's idea that every guest should be given a chance, and that rude guests may just be having a bad day. I refocus that on a guest asking a stupid question may have just poorly worded it.

And the best place to watch the fireworks from is the bridge to Tommorrowland (at MK). Tinkerbell flies right over you and you get to see all the fireworks.

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:50 pm

Mansion Butler wrote:I just honestly don't think it's a bad, stupid or annoying enough question to have a problem with it. I always liked Walt's idea that every guest should be given a chance, and that rude guests may just be having a bad day. I refocus that on a guest asking a stupid question may have just poorly worded it.
I agree completely -- I always interpreted the question as "Where exactly will the fireworks be in the sky, and where should I be for optimal viewing enjoyment, kind sir?"

Hey, it's my imagination...

LegoDan
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LegoDan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Back when I worked at Legoland I used to get people asking "where's the parade at?" when they meant the fireworks. I would give them the puzzled look and "what parade?" That question they ask would throw me off every time.

Noted there is absolutly no room in Legoland for a parade of any type.

"Some days it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers."