my trip to WDW

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

my trip to WDW

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:40 am

Ok, I figured rather than continue to keep the Hotels thread off topic I'd start my own. Thank you to everyone who replied in that topic, as far as weather I was trying to figure out if I should bring pants at all or live in shorts (we went in May once when I lived in shorts, and December where I would freeze at night with a sweatshirt on, one night I had two sweatshirts on) Sounds like pants might be a good thing, at least as back up.

Anyway, so who has a DDE (Is that right?) card and wants to join us for dinner a night or two....we pretty much already know where we want to eat, we have some traditions.

Ohana (we could probably eat there nightly, to be perfectly honest with you)
The steakhouse in Canada (mainly we want dessert there, so maybe we'll go after eating elsewhere, order dessert and leave a large tip)
Nine Dragons (love their honey sesame chicken)
and then there's the Hoop De Doo Revue....we've never gone to that but are considering it this time.

Of course some of this we could do for lunch, or maybe right before their dinner menu starts....I'll have to find out what their hours for lunch and dinner are.

Thank you Zazu for your post about CM discounts not applying now I can rework some of this ahead of time. (okay it was just a side benefit of your post and wasn't its intention but hey it still helped)

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: my trip to WDW

Post by Yeti Chaser » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:41 am

Lady Ulrike: Hope that you have a great time at WDW. Make sure that you visit the Forbidden Mountain in DAK. Would love to meet up with you. However, not sure what my new schedule is going to be like. I just received notice that I will be on "special assignment" for a number of months. :genie2:

[font=Comic Sans MS]NAMASTE[/font]

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:17 pm

lady ulrike wrote:....we pretty much already know where we want to eat, we have some traditions.

Nine Dragons (love their honey sesame chicken)
I wouldn't recommend Nine Dragons - I know several people who have gotten sick from eating there.

I would, on the other hand, HIGHLY recommend Boma, at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Some of the best damn food on property, including Zebra Domes, which are quite possibly the finest food ever created, period (and if you decide to dine there, I'd be happy to join you, discount or no!).

TinkerBelleRoo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TinkerBelleRoo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:01 pm

I agree with the Nine Dragons thing. Not good food.

I've always like the food court in the Land in Epcot. I know it used to be Sunshine Seasons but I'm not sure if the names the same now.

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:04 pm

TinkerBelleRoo wrote:I agree with the Nine Dragons thing. Not good food.

I've always like the food court in the Land in Epcot. I know it used to be Sunshine Seasons but I'm not sure if the names the same now.
Since the rehab of The Land Pavillion to accomdate Soarin' The layout and food court have changed. The fountain in the middle is gone and the area is very bright and airy thanks to natural lighting. As for the food court, that has changed, I think for the better. You can get really nice sandwiches, stir fry's, noodle soups and they have a wonderful bakery. The one thing that you cannot get are french fries or hamburgers. Have to go to the Electric Umbrella for those.

[font=Comic Sans MS]NAMASTE[/font]

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:22 am

ThunderCat wrote:I wouldn't recommend Nine Dragons - I know several people who have gotten sick from eating there.

I would, on the other hand, HIGHLY recommend Boma, at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Some of the best damn food on property, including Zebra Domes, which are quite possibly the finest food ever created, period (and if you decide to dine there, I'd be happy to join you, discount or no!).

That's interesting....we've eaten at Nine Dragons everytime we've been to Disney World, some trips multiple times, for a total of 5 or 6 trips there, never had a problem..then again, we get the same thing everytime so maybe what we get is safe.

Anyway, Boma is another one that we were thinking of going to, what days/times would be good for you (you could PM me if you don't want everyone to know your schedule, in case you have a stalker or something) and we could get together. We'll be out there Sept 10-17 (well 17 would be bad for dinner, since I flight leaves in the afternoon and the 10th we'll probably go to O'Hana, definetily our favorite and we just discovered it)