Those f@*#ing Dasani caps

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Those f@*#ing Dasani caps

Post by AlpineDL » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:35 am

Someone please tell me it's not just Fantasyland where every other step happens to kick a little clear pop-top protector cap away somewhere with a little clatter, and that everyone else has like 5 per ride vehicle stuck in seat corners at the end of the night. Seriously, these things are at least half of the trash I see littering our area, and an even higher proportion when it comes to junk in rides.

The first thing anyone does when they buy one of these water bottles is to just drop the little plastic cover thing apparently, and of course not in a trashcan. So, if you don't have a story about this damn things yet and associated ride downtimes or a nice record number from 10 minutes of area sweeping, start counting caps you pick up during the day. Winner with the most caps found gets one mysterious barely-opened Dasani bottle left capless on a railing for most of an afternoon.

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Those f@*#ing Dasani caps

Post by AlpineDL » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:19 am

Figured I'd update this with the fact that I've now witnessed two ride downtimes caused by these damn things.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:20 am

I find them all the time at Buzz in the Space Cruisers. Guests don't pick up trash after themselves, it annoys me!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:31 am

I used to drive a half ton pickup type parking lot sweeper and can tell you the worst thing is the baby diaper. Step on one of those and your foot shoots out and next thing you know you are a pretzel on the ground. Sweepers cannot suck up them things and too often they are hazard waste material.

Next on my list is glass bottles and any type of bottle. Never could pick those up and they would ruin tires.

On the subject of the caps, they are a pain when you step on one because they bruise your foot and you could slip and fall. I agree that people do not understand that 10,000 people dropping straw wrappers and bottle caps add up. I would love to see a thread on the things people leave in their seats.

Remember in parks to never yell "I found a wallet" until you check to make sure it is empty, just kidding, really i am kidding.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:14 am

These rolly things are all over stores. What a PITA. :( I use part of a pro towel to pick em up because they are a safety hazard to me & everyone. Wish I had a nickel for each one I've thrown away. Loath them. :mad:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:44 am

There was a article in the paper today,58% of the people are NOT green(recycling). Basically "FUCK YOU" recycling is for 'chumps,and other people'. :eek:
(Gets off soap box and gets another another beer). :cool:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:16 am

I used to see them recycling containers at DLR and I swear I never saw anyone actually use one for anything other that a trash can. People in the parks do not recycle and would not care about their trash unless you offered $50 for each 5 straws you donate to Goofy's Trash Dumpster. I have seen people stealthly take bottle caps for contests and Coke Music so it is most like you need to start paying people to return the caps.

Disney could charge ten cents per bottle extra and then offer five cents for each cap people turned in. Within a week Disney would have enough to extend monorails in WDW and DLR.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:50 am

My trash pet peeve is gum and candy that was mouthed then dropped. Sticky stuff, and of course nothing efficient to clean it up with! Really bad if it's all covered with ants. Next is liquids that spill out of the bottle or cup when you try to pick them up. But I hate littering in general; I grew up to T.V. commercials of the "Don't be a Litterbug" type. Though I have to say, having a "talking bear" trash can in Camp Snoopy helped. I actually saw a dad and kid tearing up a popcorn box and putting the pieces in one at a time so they could hear the bear talking again and again ("Hellooo...What are you doing with that? Don't throw that on the floor! Give it to me! *munching* MMMM, That was so good!"). :D:

pixieprincess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by pixieprincess » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:39 am

I am always walking the store picking up trash. Guests leave their drinks on our shelves, their candy in the plush mountain and since kids love popcorn we find popcorn spills all over the place. It's gross.

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:13 am

at the Mansion I placed a dustbin near them, lined up my shot, and putted the caps into the bin. I actually hit a 10 foot putt on my first try.