3-D GLASSES Thieves

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

3-D GLASSES Thieves

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:34 pm

3-D GLASSES THIEVES
I'm sure you guys at Disneyland/California Adventure deal with this now as I did when I worked there. I would love to see guests (especially passholes) carrying 3-D glasses from HISTA (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids), ITTBAB (It's Tough to be a Bug) and MuppetVision and say a special spiel. At Small World, for example, I would say over the PA when dispatching or grouping:

GLASSES FROM HISTA: Oh, thank you! Professor Salinksi was looking for those!
TTBAB: You know, Flik was looking for those and wants them back!
and since I saw no glaases from Muppets, I'd say, "Miss Piggy was looking for those to wear with her new outfit!

They would hand them back but sometimes would putrup a fight (of course, I would win anyway)
When I worked at the Walt Disney Story, I was waiting for someone to sneak away with those binarual headphones they use for the new Mr. Lincoln.

My partner has been notorius for sneaking away with glaases from Shrek 4-D after I told him NOT too! He qualifies as a SGT, lol! (We are USH APs, btw)

I mean, what's the point in stealing these anyway! They don't work on anything else but no! they want a free souvenir or worse, sell them on Ebay for their profit like they do with costumes CMs wear (another topic I will discuss)

I guess if they paid they high price, it doesn't matter to them!

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: 3-D GLASSES Thieves

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:54 pm

WE get the 3D thieves all the time here at WDW also. Its always fun to ask for them back. When we got the BUG EYES at T2BAB at DAK many of the Guests would wear them all around the park and we would have to really get firm to get them back from them, You would have to explain that they only work with the attraction, they cause eye damage if worn outside in sunlight as they were not sunglasses and if they still put up a fight we would be all about safety and ask to see them poke the lenses out and give them back the frames saying here now they're safe to wear outside (usually they didnt want them after that). Now with the shortage of glasses we just take them for "Safe Keeping" while they are on the ride and don't give them back and if they put up a fight and get nasty I just let them now that the glasses are considered company property and stolen if not surrendered I have to call security, usually they are handed over right away.

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:30 pm

I work HISTA!!! It just annoys me that people want to keep them. I mean, what os so special about them?? You really have no used to them. Everytime, guests ask me, "can we keep them?" and I go "No!" Do they really think they can really keep them. We are losing about one tray of glasses that are broken and/ or stolen. We use our budget to buy cases and cases. We are so running low on the glasses! We need to ask management to open just one box. We already spent our budget on cases of glasses that lasts us until November.................of NEXT YEAR!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:57 pm

I just walk up to them, and tell them to give them back. I've never gotten flak, i think once i just walked up and put out my hand, and they took them off and put them in my hand.

I'm not planning on ever going over safety and stuff. They belong to Disney, not you, and you will give them back, if you don't i can call security, but the "we need those back, please" approach works best.

Gimme some soft serve!

se8472
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by se8472 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:02 pm

I tend to be alittle rude about it lol...Guest gets in a rocket and while they are trying to get themselves ready I just walk up and take them and walk away. Then I start saying how they can't have them.

But have any of you run into the problem of trying to get flicks back? That one can get weird.

Space Mountain: Tomorrowlands Gateway to the Galaxy

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tenprincess » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:53 am

I have had a guest explain to me that their flick card was a fast pass. That was an interesting conversation, at the end I had the flick and the lady was insisting that I give her the "fastpass" (a.k.a. the flick card) back to her so she could use it. I just refered her to standby.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:17 pm

se8472 wrote:I tend to be alittle rude about it lol...Guest gets in a rocket and while they are trying to get themselves ready I just walk up and take them and walk away. Then I start saying how they can't have them.

But have any of you run into the problem of trying to get flicks back? That one can get weird.
I was rude about it once too, I just grabbed it from a girl in her mom's arms. The girl wanted them back and the mom had the nerve to ask me can she keep them, but I sadly replied, "no".

Oh, also, what is this "Fliks" you are talking about?

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Flicks are cards we use to keep track of the wait time. we "flick" them onto a small box and give them to guests, as they are on a lanyard. Then, as they get on the ride, give it teh CM who flicks it on their box and the wait time is updated on how long it took to get from one box to the next.

It's annoying when you give it to someone and after the ride, they walk up to you at greeter and give it back.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:51 pm

mentu wrote:Flicks are cards we use to keep track of the wait time. we "flick" them onto a small box and give them to guests, as they are on a lanyard. Then, as they get on the ride, give it teh CM who flicks it on their box and the wait time is updated on how long it took to get from one box to the next.

It's annoying when you give it to someone and after the ride, they walk up to you at greeter and give it back.
Well, if you don't tell guests who to give it to, or tell them what do with it, how are they supposed to know? ;)

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:37 pm

wait, you mean the guests won't be able to figure it out by themselves? Apparently I haven't been giving them enough credit....

and yes, we do explain what they're for and what they have to do.