Get The Hell Out Now!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Get The Hell Out Now!

Post by IndyandMarion » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:08 pm

*Alarm blaring in the building*

Me (What I'm thinking): Ladies and gentlemen we ask that you get the hell out of the building right now unless you want to die!

What I really said: Ladies and gentlemen we have an emergency situation, at this time we ask that you quickly exit the building in an orderly fashion but at a quick pace.

*Various calls to Launch Base and my reply*
People want to know if they can get their fastpass back.
Reply: Ask them what's more important, their fastpass or their freakin life

People still aren't leaving
Reply: Then tell them to get out by getting right up on them and telling them there's a fire in the building damn it!

People are clear of *insert area*
Reply: Good, now get yourselves out of there as well.

Me: Attention inside coaster, this is launch base. I'm shutting the ride down from launch base right now, anyone else inside, get out of the building now.

What had happened is the Coaster is getting a brand new paint job, inside and out. Well the painters and their infinite wisdom managed to break one of the water lines that supplies the water to the AC system and the sprinkler system which in turn gave us a fire alarm. How PAINTERS managed to do this, is beyond me.

So here's a few things that happened:
As Im speiling to the load and alley way that they need to leave, they're all standing around not moving at all.

People yelling at various CMs because they couldn't get their fastpasses back (Because as we all know, there aren't any left in the world).

One person even yelling at a merchandise cast member because the CM couldn't do a refund/exchange for a guest because everyone was not allowed inside the building...The guests excuse, we just didn't want to deal with the exchange.

A six year old yelling as us because we closed the ride and he couldn't ride (What'd up silver spoon)

People yelling at us for not telling them why we closed.

No one was hurt and it wasn't even a fire, just painters screwing up. Anything interesting happen with you guys lately?

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Get The Hell Out Now!

Post by tenprincess » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:10 am

The fun with outdoor attactions is that we get to shut them down during a thunder storm. And being down in florida, that is almost every day. Thoes who are aware the astro orbitor is one giant lighting rod.

Me: Due to the weather we are closing down this attraction, and it will reopen when the weather has improved.
Guest: Why are you closing it?
Me: There is lighting and thunder and for safety reasons we are evactuating the ride.
Guest: Why can't I ride?
Me: Because you will get struck by lighting.
Guest: So why can't I ride?
Me: How about this, I have always wondered what a person looks like when they get struck by lighting, so if you really want to ride, be my guest. :p:

Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Post by Karnever » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:12 pm

Guest are morons out here in Ca we have to shut down operations if there is a Earthquake.. So one Day I was in tower at splash and we had an earth quake we stoped everything and got word to just cycle out the Attraction...I speiled to the queue that due to the minor Earthquake we just had we have to stop loading at this time to inspect the attraction to make sure it is structualy safe... 2 minutes pass and DFD says we also have to Evac the Queue... so I speil again this time saying Ladies and gentlmen we need you all to please reverse your direction in line and leave the Attraction due to the earthquake we had so we can inspect and make sure all of splash Mountain is structualy safe and nothing falls on you... sure enought there was a line of moronic guests just standing in the station demanding fastpasses becasue they were in line. I swear a terrorist could come running into the station with a bomb strapted to his chest and these stupid guests would still be pissed and demand there Fastpasses back

One of the Many Dave CMs

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:43 pm

Karnever wrote: I swear a terrorist could come running into the station with a bomb strapted to his chest and these stupid guests would still be pissed and demand there Fastpasses back

Your kidding right?

Terrorists at Disney Parks="Parents" who whine when we say their child is too short to cry.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:15 pm

tenprincess wrote:The fun with outdoor attactions is that we get to shut them down during a thunder storm
I apparently work at the wrong outdoor attraction. We've had ride vehicles STRUCK by lightning, with guests on board, and we did not go 101.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:17 pm

I had to EVAC a show attraction when a guest had a heart attack near the back. All the people in front either boo'ed me or sat there demanding compensation for their whole 10 min. wait.

I can still remember when I used to like people.

A distant memory at best.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tenprincess » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:12 pm

hhsrat wrote:I apparently work at the wrong outdoor attraction. We've had ride vehicles STRUCK by lightning, with guests on board, and we did not go 101.
The only attraction that goes 101 during a thunderstorm is Astro Orbiter (in tomorrowland that is). I'm surprised they allow your attraction continue operations when there is lighting. Which attraction are you talking about?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:15 am

tenprincess wrote:The only attraction that goes 101 during a thunderstorm is Astro Orbiter (in tomorrowland that is). I'm surprised they allow your attraction continue operations when there is lighting. Which attraction are you talking about?
Um, not true.

I'm certain that the WDW Railroad, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain also go 101 for lightning, and I'm told that all other outdoor attractions do as well.

Be pretty stupid not to, but then we are talking about Disney management....

Zazu

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tenprincess » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:47 am

No, I understand almost all of the outdoor attractions go 101 due to lighting, but since I'm based only in tomorrowland, I can only be certain about tland attractions. I have only been working for Disney for 3 months and I'm still learning, and I will probally still be learning new things about this company 25 years from now.
This will sound strange but I kinda like it when astro goes 101, then I get to have fun with the guests. Like when they ask me when the rain is going to stop, and I ask them if they have God's extension so we can ask him :p: . Or when they ask how long is it going to rain, and I tell them that it can rain anywhere from five minutes to five days :eek: ! My job may be stressful at times, but I like it when I can joke around with the guests and they laugh about it.

VICisGOOFY
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by VICisGOOFY » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:25 pm

tenprincess wrote:No, I understand almost all of the outdoor attractions go 101 due to lighting, but since I'm based only in tomorrowland, I can only be certain about tland attractions. I have only been working for Disney for 3 months and I'm still learning, and I will probally still be learning new things about this company 25 years from now.
This will sound strange but I kinda like it when astro goes 101, then I get to have fun with the guests. Like when they ask me when the rain is going to stop, and I ask them if they have God's extension so we can ask him :p: . Or when they ask how long is it going to rain, and I tell them that it can rain anywhere from five minutes to five days :eek: ! My job may be stressful at times, but I like it when I can joke around with the guests and they laugh about it.
Kudos to you, tenprincess, thats makes me think that the best way to deal with guest stupidity is to be humorous about something as negative as an attraction going 101 or rain ruining a guest's day. I have been with the company for 11 months and I still learn new things on how Disney functions in my department. Guest interaction is probably the main reason why I love working at WDW, its just so much fun and they help make you day go by smoother, faster, and better. At least most of the time.

There is only ONE Mickey Mouse at WDW!!