Lazer Light Show

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
SamuraiKoala32
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Lazer Light Show

Post by SamuraiKoala32 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:52 pm

The other day, I was working at Greetings in DCA and I had this guest come up to me who was really stressed out because she had to purchase all sorts of stuff then run to the fireworks show at the other park which was about to start in a few minutes. After ringing up her items, I tried to cheer her up by saying, "You may not make it in time for the fireworks, but the Greetings From California lazer light show is just about to start!"

So I picked up 2 scan guns and projected them on the wall behind me while shaking them to make patterns while I made some bizzare noises that sound like a crow and techno music combined.

She wasn't that amused... but I sure was!

There is a fine line between friendly, entertaining guest service and being a total asshole. I am that fine line.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Lazer Light Show

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:42 am

SamuraiKoala32 wrote:So I picked up 2 scan guns and projected them on the wall behind me while shaking them to make patterns while I made some bizzare noises that sound like a crow and techno music combined.
The scary thing is, that's something I would do.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:20 am

SamuraiKoala32 wrote:The other day, I was working at Greetings in DCA and I had this guest come up to me who was really stressed out because she had to purchase all sorts of stuff then run to the fireworks show at the other park which was about to start in a few minutes. After ringing up her items, I tried to cheer her up by saying, "You may not make it in time for the fireworks, but the Greetings From California lazer light show is just about to start!"

So I picked up 2 scan guns and projected them on the wall behind me while shaking them to make patterns while I made some bizzare noises that sound like a crow and techno music combined.

She wasn't that amused... but I sure was!
Oh darn! Why didn't you do this show for me when you told me abt your light show? Next time we are @ Greetings you HAVE to do your show for all of us! I can now imagine you doing this for a guest. :D: Must have a cool manager though ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

SamuraiKoala32
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SamuraiKoala32 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:20 am

haha, maybe i'll perform for the greetings crowd next time. i told anna about this event, and she thought it was funny.

There is a fine line between friendly, entertaining guest service and being a total asshole. I am that fine line.

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:11 am

Might even need GC over there! what time what time what time? says the guest 9 and 10:30 says me, well, we close at 8:30, oh nevermind then! :cool:

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:28 pm

I remember last October when Fantasmic was down for a couple of months during Columbia's refurb. For some reason, it was an unseasonally busy night and at about 7:30 people started lining up along the Rivers of America. Got to the point where they probably needed GC ropes over there.

There was a fireworks show that night, but there's no way all those people were lined up for fireworks, so I have to figure that a few people thought that Fantasmic was showing, then everybody else just joined them without even asking what it was for.

When I was in the front of Pirates parking strollers, guests would come up to me and ask, "what time does Fantasmic start?"

I'd reply, "December."

After a pause and a rather funny look from the guest, they'd ask me what all the people were lined up for, then. "Frankly," I'd respond, "I haven't the slightest idea."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:52 pm

SamuraiKoala32 wrote:haha, maybe i'll perform for the greetings crowd next time. i told anna about this event, and she thought it was funny.
Better not perform your fantastic light show - with sounds :) - until I'm @ Greetings again. Do NOT want to miss your show!! Won't be @ Greetings until maybe Sun. Yah, Anna is very cool. She would enjoy the light show. J, K & M are the managers who will be most receptive to your one man Fantasmic! ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]